Pirate Grows Pot

Did you ever get that HPS mover rigged up? If you are having troubles post a few pics of the mover and people on the site might be able to give you a few ideas.

Its been quite a while. new job, new house, very busy. You all know how it is.

Anyway, Gotta get to bed so this update will be quick. I'm only days away from harvest. These photos where taken from day 36 or so. Harvest will be on day 52. These where flowering clones so there was a samll head start for ripening. I've been watching the Trichs like a hawk with my microscope and the glands are turning from Milky white to amber as we speak.

I did take some samlpes lastw eek and dried them for 7 days. The white widow was very smooth with a nice high. I did sample it a bit early. But that is what I wanted. I wanted to have a little for a head buzz verses the full on stone the final product will produce.

Early harvest will give a head high, middle harvest will give a mixed, head/ body high and a late harvest will give a full on couck lock stoner buzz. I wanted some stash for all types depending on my mood.

Harvest day is upon us at last.

Here is a small sample of whats coming. keep in mind.......all vertical growth has stopped completly. The buds are getting fatter by the day though. Puffing up from resin production since..................this grow is 100% seedless baby.

White Widow on day 36 of flower, Vertually every bud in the following photos have doubled in girth since these photos where taken.
DSCN19361.JPG

Northern Lights on Day 36 of flower
DSCN1919_Cropped.JPG

Northern Lights
DSCN19211.JPG

Northern Lights
DSCN19292.JPG

The buds are making all the plants fall over and the branching needed some serious tying up. Family Photo. 2 systems. One flood and drain and one aeroponic.
DSCN1915.JPG

I will take lots of photos before, during and after harvest.

Ok, Gotta get to bed. Unfortunatly, I have to work in order to eat.

Pirate out:headbanger:

Looks wonderful. I just noticed this thread was started on my birthday. . lol

Brett is always trying to bring the attention onto himself.... lol nah :cheesygrinsmiley: But your grow is going awesome man! I'm so jealous..but I'm moving in a week so soon enough I guess..

Thanks all. I try.

Brett,
I did get the light mover but am waiting till harvest to install it in the next grow. I have worked out a way to attach 3 fixtures to the mover using misc. crappola from home depot. (gotta love HD).

I have my next set of clones ready to go and as soon as I harvest this batch, they go into flower. With a few modifications and MANY lessons learned, I plan on 2 times the harvest on the next one.

Bigger lights, all aeroponics, Lower tempatures and better ventalation.

I can totally see the difference in flood and drain verses aero. At leats 2 times the yeild for aero and far faster growth rates. Not to mention the ease of it.

I'm tellin ya................go aeroponic. You will not regret it. You could build a good system for a hundred bucks that would give you a pound of your favorite pot. Fuck Rock wool, dirt, flood and drain. All are to much trouble. Aero is vertually a set it and forget it system. All I do is add water and check the PH daily I (which never changes anyway).

Maybe I'll post instructions on building a simple aeroponic system if feedback says it would not be a waste of my time to write it up (with step by step photos)

How about it? Should I?

Here are the clones waiting for the space to be cleared in the flower room very soon.
DSCN1914.JPG

The white topped tray above is a home built aeroponic cloner / veger. I spent approx. $75 to build it (complete) and its better than anything you can buy premade for $375.00. I built 2 so far. One is being used for seedlings I have going. (OG Kush, Blueberry, Ak-47, Skunk, Hashberry) The top of the tray is 1/4 inch thick plexi glass painted white for reflection and to keep light out of the resevior. It holds 50 - 2 inch net cups. It can be used for cloning, seedlings, vegging proir to flower and even for flowering if flowering while plants are small. I personally will take the cups and move them into a seperate flower chamber and reuse this system for more clones. I am going to flower these clones in the same cups they are in now. 2 inch. No transplanting. Just lift the cup from this tray and drop it into the next one that spaces them out more. 50 - 2 inch cups in a 24 x 36 inch area. Flowering will be induced at 4 to 6 inches max. I'm only after the top cola. If the plnats reach 2 feet at harvest they are to big for me. (I had to learn this the hard way)

I lost a lot of good weed due to flowering to late and to big. To many buds never developed on my current grow due to suffocation. The tops are freakin awesome though. I decided to screw the lower branches and concentrate on the good stuff. The top Cola. Thats where all the light and air is anyway.

Here I go pulling my favorite pastime again.................Rambblin at the mouth.

Pirate out:headbanger:

Did I hear someone say they wanted to rate my journal? Well, what are ya waiting for. I'd love to see ratings. Good or bad.

Great looking stuff Pirate. I, too, am interested in the homemade aeroponic system you created. Hope things slow down enough for you to enjoy your girls :)

LOL ! LOL ! You guys are killin me.:cheesygrinsmiley: OK. I'll post a proper how to on a simple home built aeroponic system. Trust me, once you see the simplicity and ease of building and using one you'll never go back to conventional methods. I'm gonna need a little time to get it together. I hate doing anything shitty. So, I'll put together a nice How to and post it for you all.

Anyway, TODAY IS THE BIG DAY !!

Band Please !!!:theband:

HARVEST TIME.

Yippie !!

I'll post lots of photos and a report within a couple days. Let me just say this for now...............I took a sample on day 45, dried it for 4 days with a fan and HOLY SHIT !! I was fucking ripped on one bong hit. I mean I was so high all I wanted was to come down.

My next post will be from the harvest.

Later,

Pirate:headbanger:

You come down yet? LOL congrats on the harvest. Can't wait to see the results

I ended up harvesting the NLs only. The White Widows needed another week at least. I am going out to cut em down as soon as I get off here.

I'll post em tonight.

Pirate Out. (in his flower room with scissors):cheesygrinsmiley:

Very Nice Pirate, I am very impressed not too many seem as technologicly minded enough to put together these simple systems for very simple things, I think it is awesome for you and i think you should definitely consider yourself a tutor to other growers out there... I wish I had a spot to do things in freedom, so i could help to educate the others as you do .... Marijuana is MEDICINE.:adore:

Yea man i like this site its actually the first site i log onto when i start my computer, learned a lot about growing and still learning. Great site.

Congrats on your harvest Pirate.

Back
Top Bottom