Please Tell Us About Your Experiences At 420 Magazine

Omg I can’t believe I missed this thread!

This magazine has given me so much. Two years ago I googled growing weed, and this was the first site I saw. I immediately joined and I’ve never looked back. I don’t even know if there are other forums, because for me, this is the only place I need. 420 Mag has taught me how to grow, showed me the generosity of strangers, and has become a huge part of who I am both as a person and as a grower. I have made cherished friends and I start each day with them.

I was such a novice when I first joined. This is a pic of the bud I grew before 420, and the funniest part, I actually thought I did okay till I saw the Coca-Cola’s around this place.

D8916240-F076-41AB-BE03-CE6A437E1C42.jpeg

After 420 Mag guidance

1D78B47C-F59D-4E02-9B45-1EE7E557D358.jpeg
F26B2C4A-134A-472F-8D10-E884B9DE7201.jpeg

It took me a few months to find my fit here. In real life I’m a crude loud mouthed bogan, and when being handed the opportunity to create an online persona I went for crude loud mouthed bogan. Lolling! I think I was initially a lot to many members lol.

Most of the people who took an interest in my wanting to improve my grow style have stuck with me till this very day, and still congratulate or commiserate my fabulousness or fuckup depending on the day.

I am so thankful to Rob and the whole 420 Team. And a big shout out to Teddy Edwards! Not that it happens all that much anymore, but I want you to know no one spanks my arse quite like you do! I look forward to being put over your knee at least a couple of times in 2023 ;)

420Mag FTW

I love this site, I guess I stumbled upon it about 12 years ago (I suffer with memory issues) so my time frame may be off. for the last 15 years I've struggled with chronic pain amongst other problems. I had been taking too much Ibuprofen and I needed an alternative, I knew cannabis worked for me but I couldn't afford enough to replace the Ibuprofen. Well I came across a video on YouTube titled "growing weed in my dorm room closet with CFL bulbs" well I checked it out and my eyes were opened. I grew weed in my back yard from 82 -90 so I thought I knew how to do it... well growing under CFL bulbs is nothing like growing under the good old sun. Somehow I stumbled onto this site and my knowledge of Indoors growing got much better. Welp over the past however many years I've been self-sufficient, well for the most part. But I do manage to grow at least 12 Oz a year. this last year has been very difficult, my health has gone way down hill I struggle with everyday simple tasks what I know today I probably won't know tomorrow. My current grow has been a challenge like none in the past. But like always if I'm puzzled or struggling I know I can get solid advice from my fellow growers. So big thanks to the community I ❤️

i joined a few months back and have found this group great, i suffer from chronic pain from 2 operations due to cancer which left scar tissue and nerve damage around my abdomen & lower spine which left me permanently disabled, been smoking since i was a teen and now mostly for pain relief & to cut down the morphine dependency , here in Canada its been decriminalized but the gov stuff is usually not very good black market depends who you know is decent but a bit more pricey so i decided to grow my own and while buying some equipment & nutes at a hydro store the owner said to try 420 magazine group for help growing and it was the best decision, people here are great to chat with and there knowledge is invaluable thank you 420 & members

What @Trala said!

See I met Trala here.

I smoked plenty as a kid. It was kinda a side gig for my in high school and a brief flirtation with Uni/College life.

Then I’d done too many hash bongs and just got the fear everytime I smoked. I’d revisted briefly but I am just too busy to be “monged out” and low motivation which was my association with it.

Tried a little more ovcasionally. Especially getting a place in Thailand - even when illegal it was easy to find. There are an awful lot of Reggae Themed Bars here 😂

Thai Sticks or brick press as it now. Sativa banging. Actually I should buy some. Always has seeds in. Always 😂 Its about as original as you’re ever gonna get to an landrace wonder what Indoor, big lights and high EC eould domto
It 😆

And that's the thing - I 9 months after this journey have learned a lot!

That growing plants with my Grandpa and my Mum stuck, I loved that - what we can grow tomatoes off the seeds that came with that grow bag for free! We can sell them and be rich Mum! (Me aged 7 🤣) yeah stuff stuck - I love growing plants. I’ve tinkered a bit with chillies and have some lemon trees growing and killed a lot of plants in HK… but they legalised here, my wife has been growing to eat since she could walk.

I love the science, the tech and making it all look pretty.

I love the effects of the plant but I’m no big smoker - I vape a little and not in working hours. I’m very very smalltime on consumption - but its micro dosed. To do what I need to do - often more efficiently with a little cue from the weed. Inwas pretty creative already - I getva super charge sometimes.

So that covers off 420 more generally.

In terms of why 420magazine.com?

I’m not sure. I read a a lot of web stuff for my day job. I was looking to do a diary or journal. I’m pretty sure it was a magazine with real industry news on the front and forums behind that sold me. I’m a news hound.

My first post “Introduce Yourself” @Bill284 greeted me and I saw his safety post in his signature. I was building a semi commercial grow room in my house with my family and pets in the house. I was already being mega careful - my parent's were arriving in a month and safety and legality were always going to be the most imprtant to them. (My Mum was already on CBD Oil eith a Script in the UK - never said before! 😂) but yeah I met Bill. I got pointed in the right direction by the lovely Teddy as required (sorry dude!) and the growing really umm escalated!

Coloured buttons, crazy extreme grows which I love. Hobby stiuff. But I sure made some friends too.

I don’t know which the biggest growers forum is - I actually haven’t read any others - even when I web search a grow issue whatever else comes up is either an inpenetrable mess of a website full of keyboard warriors scoring points.

420magazine.com forums aren't like that - fo sho people fall out a little! From time to time… 🤣

That’s life but its super rare. Its respectful and warm and people look out for each other online here and often offline too.

Its a very warm place.

A perfect 50/50 Hybrid.
50% Sativa learning/knowledge/working/energy
50% Indica warmth/empathy/relaxed/fun

Anyway,

Glad ai found this thread.

For better or worse, that what I feel, and it makes & Co happy when I sit and type rather than talk to her while she trims so I guarantee she agrees 100% with the above!

Thank you @420 for the platform and the mission. I went to jail (one night things) but real weight in one if ai’d been 7 days older I’d have gone to Juvie. Were it not for some fast talking and a hard core no nonsense lawyer Dad who insta backed me with the cops over the phone (oh and like quite good school records too 😅)

18 Months in Juvie might have messed my life up big time. For a couple of Oz at Glastonbury?

Screw that!

I’m all in - much love.

Nick & Co

Please Tell Us About Your Experiences At 420 Magazine:
420 Magazine truly appreciates its members, we are thankful and grateful to have all of you. This thread is for our members to share how much they have learned, gained, grown and/or experienced from their membership at 420 Magazine.

For example - Has 420 Magazine helped change your life for the better? Please tell us how; whether it's acquiring the knowledge to grow, learning about the medicinal benefits of Cannabis and how to heal yourself, sharing your master gardens with fellow gardeners, finding a platform for your activism or to improve the quality of your life by making similar minded friends. We'd love to hear from you!

We will keep this thread in perpetuity - not only as a celebration of our mission but also as a record and an inspiration for all those innumerable future guests and members who we can also help.

Please keep your comments limited to celebrating our community with positive success stories, complaints or drama will be deleted without notice.

Our Founder's Story & Mission:
420 Magazine exists to support the repeal of all Cannabis prohibition laws and penalties throughout the world. Not another person should suffer incarceration or stigma because of these unjust laws (420 Magazine Mission Statement).

In 1993, the feds broke down the door of our founder and assaulted him, his wife and his 12 year old daughter, throwing them to the floor with machine guns to their heads. The prohibitionists were yelling and screaming at them over a simple quarter pound of Mexican brick bud that had been acquired for a close friend. Unfortunately, the "friend" was "working off charges", after being arrested for selling only a quarter ounce to a cop. This ridiculous event was so infuriating that it inspired the founding of 420 Magazine; a lifelong mission to repeal these unjust laws and to create Cannabis awareness throughout the world.

In Closing:
This thread is for our members to share and immortalize their experience(s) with any or all aspects of Cannabis Awareness. We hope that patients, activists, growers, fans of the flower, friends of 420 Magazine, or even reformed LEO will post their experiences here for others to learn from and celebrate.

It's been a long hard fight and the Staff of 420 Magazine wishes to honor our Members and Sponsors. It's still too early to declare victory but there's no doubt that together, we're winning the war on Cannabis.

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:
What ever happened to Emerson and Palmer... I guess you were the lucky man

I love this site, I guess I stumbled upon it about 12 years ago (I suffer with memory issues) so my time frame may be off. for the last 15 years I've struggled with chronic pain amongst other problems. I had been taking too much Ibuprofen and I needed an alternative, I knew cannabis worked for me but I couldn't afford enough to replace the Ibuprofen. Well I came across a video on YouTube titled "growing weed in my dorm room closet with CFL bulbs" well I checked it out and my eyes were opened. I grew weed in my back yard from 82 -90 so I thought I knew how to do it... well growing under CFL bulbs is nothing like growing under the good old sun. Somehow I stumbled onto this site and my knowledge of Indoors growing got much better. Welp over the past however many years I've been self-sufficient, well for the most part. But I do manage to grow at least 12 Oz a year. this last year has been very difficult, my health has gone way down hill I struggle with everyday simple tasks what I know today I probably won't know tomorrow. My current grow has been a challenge like none in the past. But like always if I'm puzzled or struggling I know I can get solid advice from my fellow growers. So big thanks to the community I ❤️
Glad to hear good stories !!!!! Peace

What ever happened to Emerson and Palmer... I guess you were the lucky man
Palmer is still touring periodically but Keith killed himself :(

I guess losing the ability to play from carpel tunnel was too much to bear.

good catch on the reference I’m in a state where remaining incognito isn’t a bad strategy

happy new year to ya

Palmer is still touring periodically but Keith killed himself :(

I guess losing the ability to play from carpel tunnel was too much to bear.

good catch on the reference I’m in a state where remaining incognito isn’t a bad strategy

happy new year to ya
It took a few hours for me to realize I had the names wrong. It was Keith Emerson, Greg lake... Palmers first name just is lost in the memory banks, never should have sold all my old albums

Hello, I was surfing the net on how to grow cannabis and found 420. I have learned everything I know from this site and the people are great here always looking to help a fellow grower. I had one issue with two other growers which the mods quickly put to bed and now I am glad to call both members friends. I even won some great seeds last year which was a great surprise. Thank you for being here and keep up the great work. Grow happy and safe.

I recently discovered 420 magazine while searching the web for specific strains. I am so grateful to have found you!!!! The community is fire, they're all so friendly and informative. Ive learned so much more from interacting with legand growers and everyone in between. Opinions do matter, and as we share our personal experiences with others, we leave an impression for others to lean on for guidance. What's not to love!? Knowledge is Power! We're definitely gaining and sharing that all here, all different ways, we are all growing together in this massive marvelous tent we know as 420 Magazine. 💎

Hello, I was surfing the net on how to grow cannabis and found 420. I have learned everything I know from this site and the people are great here always looking to help a fellow grower. I had one issue with two other growers which the mods quickly put to bed and now I am glad to call both members friends. I even won some great seeds last year which was a great surprise. Thank you for being here and keep up the great work. Grow happy and safe.
That was pretty cool you winning those seeds Keith. I still get a chuckle when I remember that. lol 😂 CL🍀

I found a new home when I found this site. I didn’t know anything about growing weed, I had bought some seeds and thought maybe I could save some $$$ by growing my own. Little did I know that it would become a new life long obsession. I’ve met wonderful friends who are world class growers and really righteous people. Not only that but the staff are committed to making cannabis legal and available to everyone. CL🍀 :thanks:

Our community is kind and welcoming and really stands out among others that aren't quite as friendly.
I've learned a lot from the people here sharing their grows and experiences.
I started a lucrative career as a grow journalist.
I've entered some giveaways and even won some awesome prizes.
I've met wonderful people, made friends and have fun engaging with other members.

Back
Top Bottom