Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/Autos For Medicinal Purposes

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

I'm using 18/6 with my autos and can veg my Harley photo-clones with the same schedule.

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

I don't mean to sound know it all or anything like that. I am a new grower. I do have 3 auto grows under my belt and have used 21/3 on all. My roots in the hempy grows were fine and abundant. My DWC was different in that the roots suffered from high rez temps. Most 18/6 hour schedule testing show the proofs with results that are old and had been done using soil growing. Did they use Mars II 700 LEDs? Any LEDs? All the test results showed was that the 6 hours off were good for growing roots with photoperiod plants. The ones that I have read that is, you might have read otherwise or more recent papers. I'd like to be corrected, so I would have that newer information. I will tell you that it is not hard for a plant to grow roots in perlite, so 6 hours dark isn't necessary to grow roots. I also use full strength GH FloraNova simple drain to waste schedule. Between 860 and 900 ppm which many think is too high. Many say the "word" is; feed 1/4 to 1/2 schedule rate. Why? Give them all they can take. Light and food. Would you starve a photo period plant? I know all this is just my opinion and I like it that way. My results please me. We all grow to get the best we can get. I hope you get the best you can. The only negative side to my 21/3 lighting schedule is cost. About 180-200 hours more to pay for.

WJ

Just rearranged the girls, so that "lean" will kept to a minimum. Officially turned on the timer! They will sleep 4 hours a night. Wife was laying in the bed and watched me while I rearranged, checked temp, and inspected them. After I put the tarp back up and shut the doors. She was smiling, I grinned and asked why, she replied "your just funny, you look at them like 10 times a day".......

Subbed.

+1 for an 18/6 light schedule. It produces predictable results for a first time auto grow. Get your feet wet with the basics. Learn to maximize later.

Best wishes and happy growing!
/Obi
:Namaste:

Just read all 21 pages of your NL auto journal. Job well done sir! It was very informative and detailed. How did the bubble hash work out for you?

... How did the bubble hash work out for you?

I still have all my trim in storage. It's not much. I think I'm going to wait until my next harvest, combine the trimmings from both and run it through the bags in December or January when it's nice and cold here.

You've got a good thing going. I look forward to your updates :) Keep up the nice work and thanks for sharing!

/Obi
:peace:

Hey I just stopped by to share a link of a journal I follow. She (littlemiss) and her partner are experienced autogrowers under LED. This is her second independent grow and she looks to be about where you and I are...sort of the beginning.

Autoflowers' New Setup - 2nd Grow!

Just rearranged the girls, so that "lean" will kept to a minimum. Officially turned on the timer! They will sleep 4 hours a night. Wife was laying in the bed and watched me while I rearranged, checked temp, and inspected them. After I put the tarp back up and shut the doors. She was smiling, I grinned and asked why, she replied "your just funny, you look at them like 10 times a day".....

LOL I know that's right. I say that to myself. Never expected to get into growing as much as i am. :)

Copper deficiency? They had a feeding yesterday morning. I'm using GH at 1/2 strength, which gives me 325ppm after adding. PH is around 5.5ish. I never thought to check PH AFTER mixing nutes, should I check and adjust after nutes or before? NLBB#1 has been the fastest grower from day 1, tall, was the first to start fan leaves and forest to start 2nd set of leaves. Last night was the first lights off period (4 hours) and I took the following pictures after about 2hrs of lights on. My soil mix was dry, the rockwool cube was some what crunchy. I could push on it and hear it, instead of being squishy like when they are at the beginning of the seed process. The other two girls, NLBB#2 and Mango, have started their second set of leaves and they are a very pretty deep green. NLBB#2 is now almost identical to her sister NLBB#1, same height same number of leaves and same sized leaves, except that NLBB#1s new leaves are very deep purple. It's important to mention that her second set of leaves started out purple and I thought was normal, until her sister started her leaves and they are deep green.

They are so young that it just may be me being a over protective newbie! I know each plant is different and just because they are the same blood line, doesn't mean they are going to be identical.

It may be important to know that she has been in the middle, directly under the light for 6 days, and has always had vertical growth as opposed to the "lean" her sisters have have because of being on the ends.

Please have a look. Maybe some advise, or maybe a slap and say, by calm Colesdad and stop worrying so soon.

1411737832589.jpg

1411737875165.jpg

I think you are being overprotective, however I also think it is too early to be giving nutes. The plant is feeding off itself right now and has enough of what it needs.

Your plants are too small for nutrients. I would wait until your seedlings are 4"-5" tall and have 5 nodes of growth before introducing 1/4 strength nutrients.

Thank you MaPilot and kingjohn for your input! I will chill out with the water and nutes for now and let them do there own thing.

As a newbie it IS hard to sit back and wait! I'll just look at them and check temp and growth and give them some good vibes of love.

They are so young that it just may be me being a over protective newbie! I know each plant is different and just because they are the same blood line, doesn't mean they are going to be identical.

Please have a look. Maybe some advise, or maybe a slap and say, by calm Colesdad and stop worrying so soon.

I think you are being overprotective, however I also think it is too early to be giving nutes. The plant is feeding off itself right now and has enough of what it needs.

Your plants are too small for nutrients. I would wait until your seedlings are 4"-5" tall and have 5 nodes of growth before introducing 1/4 strength nutrients.

It also looks like you may be overwatering.

These have my vote. I read a quote several different places on 420, including my own journals:

"Don't love them to death"

Which is what I want to do, and have done with every kind of plant that has the misfortune of entering my home LOL. I have learned a lot here and have had more success than I expected.

You care a lot and that's good!

Adjust pH after nutes. Get your reading right before feeding.

My experience with nutes in hydro has been to start feeding after about 7-10 days above ground or when the second set of serrated leaves are established. I'm using GH Flora trio at 100% strength based on their simple drain to waste schedule. It starts of pretty mild from my experience.

There's tons of knowledge and experience following along. I'm not trying to buck anyone's advice. I just want to share what worked/works well for me.

Part of the enjoyment of following along is watching what others decide to do, learning what works in their particular situation and celebrating in their successes.

Good luck and happy growing :)
/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

The girls enjoying a beautiful day.
1411830086734.jpg

1411830057607.jpg

1411830011681.jpg

I thankful for :420:. I can't talk about my plants with many people within my personal circle, I only talk about them with wife, sister (smoker) and my mom. It ain't exactly legal in my state. This forum is a place I can openly talk about my new passion and ask questions without fear. Not only are the people here very friendly, and helpful, but also love this plant and its wonderful benefits. All it takes is one little bitch of a friend to open their mouth to the wrong person and things go terribly wrong for my family and myself.

It's also great to have a little anonymity here. No one knows me by any thing else other than "colesdad" here and we can all speak freely without judgement or prejudice.

I was thinking all this while sitting on the deck this morning enjoying some coffee, and pack of Camels, and bringing the girls out for another beautiful day of sun shine.

I feel the need to offset this mushy-ness, so I will fart, scratch myself and go back inside now. :peace:

It's an amazing journey. I found that for me the art of growing has it's own set of therapeutic values and I wound up learning a few things about myself along the way. A little introspect along with a cup of joe on a beautiful morning is hardly mushy :)

Have a five star day!
/Obi

My therapist suggested I garden, so yes it is therapeutic, I just left out what I was gardening.

Back
Top Bottom