Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/Autos For Medicinal Purposes

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

im subbed ,, are u sure the white spot isn't medium lol from my eyes :) cheers good start !

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

im subbed ,, are u sure the white spot isn't medium lol from my eyes :) cheers good start !

I was thinking the same about the medium! Because it looks very reflective. I finally touched it, but I can't feel anything with my gorilla sized thumbs. I'm thinking maybe was a piece of that and maybe it is just "stuck". Anyway, I'll just wait and see.

Ms Mango saying "hello"
CAM003711.jpg

That was fast. NNBB#2 popped up within the last hour.
IMG_20140923_184604.jpg

Since all the girls are awake now, I'm going to stop 24 hours of light. I'm giving them 5 hours of darkness from this point until heavy flowering. I'm thinking of going 12/12 at that point. But, I'm learning as I go, so we will see!

Hi Colesdad I'm subscribed - Everything is looking good! there's a lot of good information here on 420 about autoflowers. From what I've read so far everyone gets their own routine after trying things out along the way. The main thing I've read in common is go easy on the nutrients.

For vegetative growth I would use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root length was tested and plants grown under a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants given at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most.

This is good info and know that you cant use GLR with autos once they are tripped into flowering they cant be stopped. Light size for flowering should be your largest factor if you are going for quantity and quality. The plants will be about 3 times the size that they started at when you place into flowering.

This is good info and know that you cant use GLR with autos once they are tripped into flowering they cant be stopped.

Please excuse my ignorance, remember I'm a newbie:blushsmile:. But, what is "GLR"?

Is this a good height for them right now?

Yeah looks fine. I have a Top LED Reflector light and at max I keep it 24 inches away. Right now as my grow finishes up it is about 10 inches away. At 24 inches you will get some stretching, which can be undesirable. I would watch for that as your plants mature. As they get some more structure you can move the light down a bit for better penetration.

I used this funny little thing call Google. Ever heard of it?

I finally found the definition to the term GLR. My interpretation is that during a24 day, you have TWO periods of night and TWO periods of day, correct?

I would compare this to some one waking me up while I'm sleeping and make me stay awake until I could go back to sleep. Then walking me up after a little sleep, and continuing this pattern. My thinking would be not enough REM sleep, this not enough sleep. I believe this would make me angry and moody, and surely an autoflower with an attitude would not be beneficial.

They're looking good. Nice fan leaves growing, stems look good and sturdy. I'm a very happy camper right now!
1411596280670.jpg

1411596243888.jpg

1411596194402.jpg

Dropped the light to about 12in starting this morning. Since they are all straight up now, I turned on the fan finally. Humidity stay around 35 and temps never get above 83.
CAM00411.jpg

I do 21/3 light schedule. My autos love the light. No need to cut hours during flowering with those autos. If you need darkness, 3 to 4 hours is enough. They love the light. They only have so much time to go through their life cycle.

WJ

I know there many different thoughts on light schedule for autos.

Here is my thinking..... 24hrs until about 2 pair of mature leaves. And then a couple hours of darkness, and once she starts flowering I'll do 9 hours of darkness. You think 24 is too much for seedlings?

What light schedule have you guys done? My goal is quick turn around. Once I get some meds in the house, then I will try and grow for quantity.

Thanks for the advise wildjim. I'm figuring to be done by Xmas. So, at that point I'm going be asking you for shopping tips on amazon. I'm making oil and want to make sure I get the things I need, with in my budget. I've read your tutorial, more than once. I'll be able to sneak a puff here and there, but the wifey still has "oh god, he smokes pot!" mentality, so oil is the only way to go (for now).

I am keeping company with your plants, hahah. Xmas, wow, happy day.
They're looking good. Nice fan leaves growing, stems look good and sturdy. I'm a very happy camper right now!
1411596280670.jpg

1411596243888.jpg

1411596194402.jpg

Dropped the light to about 12in starting this morning. Since they are all straight up now, I turned on the fan finally. Humidity stay around 35 and temps never get above 83.
CAM00411.jpg

I know what you mean. Fortunately my wife convinced me to grow my medicine. I say convinced, but she was more forceful. I have been using the oil for a week. It is very helpful to me. I also smoke some for my glaucoma. Oil doesn't work much for my glaucoma. It has been miraculous for my epilepsy. I haven't had a seizure since the second day. Usually too many to keep track of. None is so nice.
Glad you decided on hempy. I did DWC on my first grow, nothing but problems. Got over 30 grams. Hempy on last two. Including present grow. I have about 3-4 weeks left til harvest.
Good luck on your grow. Keep up the fight and 'Never give up'.

WJ

I do 21/3 light schedule. My autos love the light. No need to cut hours during flowering with those autos. If you need darkness, 3 to 4 hours is enough. They love the light. They only have so much time to go through their life cycle.

WJ

How about a light spectrum change to something warmer during flowering. Necessary?

Subbed.

+1 for an 18/6 light schedule. It produces predictable results for a first time auto grow. Get your feet wet with the basics. Learn to maximize later.

Best wishes and happy growing!
/Obi
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom