Prairie's Trying Again - SCROG

Everything is looking very good. The new Sensi clones are two days old, and should have roots before the weekend is out. Then to the TUB those winches go.

The OG is budding out all over the place, and I very certain now that four plants in a SH tub is too many. While I do think the SCROG is one of the best ways to maximize CFL's in a small grow.

I'll have pics up in the morning.

Everyone have a great and safe Fourth of July!!!

Prairie

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMAG01681.jpg

Is that spearmint in the left?

That closet jungle of your is so beautiful! If i could shrink my self down I'd build a tree house and move right in.. :)

Hey Its'C..... No spearmint in there, but I've thought about that in the past, or Rosemary.

Sorta expect Tarzan and Jane to come swinging out of that jungle!
I'm running about 500 watts CFL, though in only about three square feet. A lot different with the SCROG setup. Before around this time, things were getting scraggly and worrisome. Now, this grow is looking great.

You're gonna have a screen of solid buds!

Looking great!

:bravo::nicethread::peace:

I meant to post pics last night, sorry. But here they are.

Starting with just the lower door open....
IMAG01692.jpg

Then a close up of some buds (sorry I only have my phone camera)
IMAG01703.jpg
IMAG01712.jpg
IMAG01722.jpg

Into the fifth week of flowering, looking very nice. Though I'm starting to see the tips starting to turn brown on the fan leaves. I'l slack off on the nuts, and just add water till the weekend. They are drinking about two gallons a day right now. They also seemed to have stopped stretching. So I think I'll slowly start the RoseMan manner of torture, hoping the plants push more to the buds to scream for pollen.

Prairie

Almost a week since last posted. Sorry....

The Stealth closet is going very well. I would take some pics, but all I have is my cell phone, and it doesn't show the trics very well. The buds are growing larger by the week, and all are now frosty. I've been trying to get the humidity down to under 40%. But so far I think I'm around 50 to 60. We've had rain like crazy, here the last two weeks. I've got some ideals on how to lower it in the stealth closet, but not sure how well that it will work.

The new closet (not so stealthy) is moving along. I put four clones rooted in the bubbler on Saturday. As Roseman kind of said, "Always make sure the feed tube is going to hit the roots". I went back Saturday night and checked. One cutting was wilting, the other three were fine. Checking the wilted one, and the feed tub had pulled back and wasn't getting the roots. Fixed that and this morning all looked like they'll take. Knowing how squat and bushy this strain is, I will kill off the first two that don't keep up with the rest. I'm hoping these will be ready to go to flower when I harvest the stealth closet, and in they will go.

I'll need new clones at that time. Next up is to try and do two tubs at once, so I can do more than one strain. damn... new light box, stealth out the new closet, better cooling..... never done.

Prairie

Thanks Scaredee!!

Update....
I received a gift today from my brother. A Celestron USB microscope. I told him my eyes were always hurting from all the close up work I do playing with my robot toy. :)

Here are two pics from the OG Chocolate. Six weeks into flowering...
Image210.jpg

Image44.jpg

The Stealth closet is doing great... wish I had a better camera to show the frosties on it.
IMAG01723.jpg

Another shot...
IMAG0178.jpg

Prairie

I've Been Thripped

Well ARRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been posting the last two weeks. Summer has been busy, giving me little time to come post and keep things up to date.

Everything was looking good, then I noticed that while the buds had popped out and were looking good, but they seemed to have stopped growing.

With my new USB microscope, i was looking at the trichs coming in...
Image251.jpg

Loving every minute of it
THEN I saw this.....
Image181.jpg

OMG What is this????? Looking around more, I found several of these little F'ckers!!
Image221.jpg

I'm very upset. Not sure how they got in here. The plants I got about a month ago seemed clean, but I still sprayed them down with my soap solution that has worked well for me in the past for spider mites. And they are also infected, but not nearly as bad.

So we soaked everything down with the insecticidal soap, and will keep a close eye on the plants. So far today, I've looked at three leaves with no movement on them that I can see. We'll soap again in four days, and hope for the best.
I've also thought about keeping the lights on a bit longer pushing them back to veg for a day, then back to 12/12. Thinking that might help get some growth back to the buds, though might add two weeks to harvest.

Any thoughts or comments are very welcome.

Prairie

Re: I've Been Thripped

Well ARRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been posting the last two weeks. Summer has been busy, giving me little time to come post and keep things up to date.

Everything was looking good, then I noticed that while the buds had popped out and were looking good, but they seemed to have stopped growing.

With my new USB microscope, i was looking at the trichs coming in...
Image251.jpg

THEN I saw this.....
Image181.jpg

OMG What is this????? Looking around more, I found several of these little F'ckers!!
Image221.jpg

I'm very upset. Not sure how they got in here. The plants I got about a month ago seemed clean, but I still sprayed them down with my soap solution that has worked well for me in the past for spider mites. And they are also infected, but not nearly as bad.

So we soaked everything down with the insecticidal soap, and will keep a close eye on the plants. So far today, I've looked at three leaves with no movement on them that I can see. We'll soap again in four days, and hope for the best.
I've also thought about keeping the lights on a bit longer pushing them back to veg for a day, then back to 12/12. Thinking that might help get some growth back to the buds, though might add two weeks to harvest.

Prairie

I have read in several different places that changing the light cycle like that will make them HERMIE on you.

Kunta's Spider Mite Advice

And here is HOW THEY GOT THERE:

HELP I GOT SPIDER MITES

Upon investigating or asking some questions, WHEN WE WONDER HOW A GROWER GOT SPIDER MITES, we learn...............

They did not know that high humidity, high moisture, and bright lights attracks bugs AND A PESTICIDE NEEDS TO BE USED INT HE ROOM FIRST. .

They did not spray the floor and walls with a safe pesticide before starting the grow.

They did not use any pest strips near the door.

They did allow the cat or dog to come into the area.

They did wear shoes outdoors and then walk around the grow area with the same shoes on.

They did bring in tools from outside, from the barn, the garage, and from the yard into the grow area.

They did have some soil plants growing near the hydro area.

They did not sterilize the soil they used from outdoors.

They did leave a window open to let some fresh air in.

They did work in the outdoor garden and then come inside and work in the indoor garden area.

Re: I've Been Thripped

Well ARRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

THEN I saw this.....
Image181.jpg

Image221.jpg

So we soaked everything down with the insecticidal soap,

Prairie

Try one of these:

Flame_Thrower.jpg

Back
Top Bottom