The G8-600 - Doc Bud Tries LED Again

Doc,

All your plants look like Stepford Wives....all is perfect in the neighborhood.....

Good golly Miss Molly.....:rofl:

Honest to God Doc, you slay me!!!

I don't know what else to say. Anyone considering an LED should seriously look at Dorm Grow! Customer service is great, prices are competitive (with the discount code at the bottom of this post even more so) and the most important thing: They work!

These lights have my full, unequivocal endorsement. I'm proud to be using them and I'm beyond happy with the results. These lights work! They produce dense, frosty nugs with about 40% of the electricity I was using with the 2 HID's I had over this tray before.

I'm SOOOOO glad I didn't buy new reflectors for my HID's! I reckon I won't be using them for much longer.

Picture_014157.jpg

Picture_012174.jpg

Picture_011177.jpg

Picture_010193.jpg

Picture_009199.jpg

Picture_008197.jpg

I saw that too....epic fail....:high-five:

A couple buddies of mine that grow locally said they actually hope to get the very tip of the leaf burnt from nutes because that way they know they're giving the absolute most nutes possible without serious damage.. I strive for it, but have been in between on the last couple grows I've done lol

I suppose it's an art as well as a science..

*wipes screen* damn didnt work either lol

So Doc how are you going to measure your outcome? IYO, are the buds as big, as dense, as flavorful as those you grew using HID's? IYO, did the lights penetrate as deeply into the canopy as the HID's? When and if you give a gpw will it reflect the wattage of a single panel or will you add the wattage of each panel together to get that figure?

Thanks
Raziel819
Stay Frosty My Friend

So Doc how are you going to measure your outcome? IYO, are the buds as big, as dense, as flavorful as those you grew using HID's? IYO, did the lights penetrate as deeply into the canopy as the HID's? When and if you give a gpw will it reflect the wattage of a single panel or will you add the wattage of each panel together to get that figure?

Thanks
Raziel819
Stay Frosty My Friend

I believe both of these lights together pull about 800 watts with the UFO's. That's less than half of what I used to have over that tray. The plants aren't as big, but the stems are thick, the leaves are all perfect, the buds are very dense, and it overall is just looking really nice.

yield will be lower than what I would have pulled with 2000 watt HID, but I don't think it will be half, in which case the LED's appear to have out yielded 2000 watts HPS. I don't know yet.

But the goal of my review is to show what the lights can do. Sometimes all the numbers geeky LED stuff gets confusing. It's nice to examine what the whole point of a grow light is and not worry about all that geeky stuff. These guys obviously have it figured out with the lights I"m using on this grow.

I'm honored to be a 420 mag member watching Doc doing such trail blazing work.Great journal Doc it's nice to see in such detail how those LEDs compare to hid. :cheer:

It was based on Doc's informative threads that I too am the proud owner of the G8 240-watt LED and UFO LED lamps.

Question for DOC - What do you do to evaluate whether your plants are done? Specifically, do you look at the trichromes? If so, do you just use a loupe or a USB microscope? And if you do, how do you adjust or compensate for the color of the LED lamps? Do you turn off the LED lamps and use regular "white" lighting before looking at the trichs or do the LED lamps help due to their bright light and penetration?

It was based on Doc's informative threads that I too am the proud owner of the G8 240-watt LED and UFO LED lamps.

Question for DOC - What do you do to evaluate whether your plants are done? Specifically, do you look at the trichromes? If so, do you just use a loupe or a USB microscope? And if you do, how do you adjust or compensate for the color of the LED lamps? Do you turn off the LED lamps and use regular "white" lighting before looking at the trichs or do the LED lamps help due to their bright light and penetration?

In the past, I used trichome evaluation as a harvest marker. I used a loupe that had a bright light attached and I always check in the dark. But now, growing in High Brix soil, my triches don't really go amber at all. So now I go by:

cessation of pistiliate growth
slowing of water consumption
When calyx swelling drops off and new sugar leaves begin to form.

You'll like your light. Every day I look at my plants I just shake my head in disbelief. The still look perfect at week 9!

Back
Top Bottom