The G8-600 - Doc Bud Tries LED Again

Doc, so nice lookin at your finest! We don't talk enough about the smooothness of H.B. produce. It has gotten me so spoiled....
A big thing is the fact of not wanting to hack and cough after a good hit! Tried "off the street" stuff a few times over the last couple yrs. and am so glad i'm not smokin it any more.Thanks to you...turned me into a H.B. snob . Cheers!

I 420% agree!! I'm Spoiled because of you Doc!! and I love it! haha I can't stand smoking dispensary buds or other growers stuff because its so harsh and flavorless :) thank you Doc for bringing in a whole new approach to growing and showing us the HB way!

I 420% agree!! I'm Spoiled because of you Doc!! and I love it! haha I can't stand smoking dispensary buds or other growers stuff because its so harsh and flavorless :) thank you Doc for bringing in a whole new approach to growing and showing us the HB way!

That's a bit harsh ice. Lets not generalize other growers that don't use Docs HB kit as harsh and flavorless. That's like a punch in the gut.

Allsmiles, he is partly right, HB produce is all time and really makes most other stuff seem inferior.

But Ice is only partly right, he isn't using the kit. I'm sure docs buds are on a completely different level of awesome.

Allsmiles, he is partly right, HB produce is all time and really makes most other stuff seem inferior.

But Ice is only partly right, he isn't using the kit. I'm sure docs buds are on a completely different level of awesome.

IMG_65804.jpg

IMG_65676.jpg

No need for words for sure. Beautiful Doc. Now that I would pay $60 for 3.5 grams.

I can't believe that's what they charge for down here. I've been only growing for a year and my buds are better then the dispensaries I've tried and that is only because of the many journals I have read here on 420. If it wasn't for the boss man (wife) I would have already PM'd Doc on how to get the HB kit for sure. She's already dealt with my first grow expenses in soil, then I was so intrigued by hydroponics that she was ok with me getting a couple waterfarms. Now in less then a year I already want to change to HB lol. I'll bring it up to her after the new year :)

you think that's bad? amnesia haze is selling at £20 for a gram here, or, £560 on an oz as they don't discount for bulk

I give mine away to my buddies ffs...roll on the next few weeks till I get them out of the soil!

560 for an ounce... *jaw drops*

That's almost 9000 a pound. That's outrageous. I get 4500 all day long for a pound. 9000 would be insane. I do not have the heart to charge someone that much. 10 a gram. I give a price break to my friends.

My stomach hurts thinking about those prices....

That's almost 9000 a pound. That's outrageous. I get 4500 all day long for a pound. 9000 would be insane. I do not have the heart to charge someone that much. 10 a gram. I give a price break to my friends.

Sphnx....i agree 100%. Prices are just way out there....9 grand,that is crazy! I feel bad enough ,when i have to recover some costs and charge 10 a g.. That's enough allready. Cheers.:blunt:

That's a bit harsh ice. Lets not generalize other growers that don't use Docs HB kit as harsh and flavorless. That's like a punch in the gut.

It wasn't intended to be a knock to anyone's grow. Just my opinion... HB has personally made me a weed snob, and so there isn't many buds I have tried since introduced to HB that have impressed me in the areas of flavor, smoothness and complexity or the effect. Its just my opinion.

It wasn't intended to be a knock to anyone's grow. Just my opinion... HB has personally made me a weed snob, and so there isn't many buds I have tried since introduced to HB that have impressed me in the areas of flavor, smoothness and complexity or the effect. Its just my opinion.

I agree with Icemud and here's why:

Plants have adapted to soil. Some soils are "richer" than others. Crops from the best soil fed the first civilizations and the nation with the best food supply always ended up being the richest and strongest.

Great soil grows great crops. No matter what the crop, the better the soil the better the crop. There is no current way to improve over what I call Minerals, Microbes and Magic.

Get the NPK,Ca,Mg,S,Fe,B,Mn,Z,CU,Si,Na,Cl and so forth balanced properly. Get the proper amount of humus and a reliably high CEC with a well buffered pH.....keep the voltage up, and regularly replace and refresh the microbial population and you'll grow much better crops than any hydroponics, salt based fertilizers, or random organics can grow. That's a scientific fact.

You can see the difference in the phenotypical response in the plants, insects cease becoming an issue, and terpenes you never smelled before are often prominent in the bouquet, causing the flowers to smell and taste exotic and unique. We've all experienced exactly this, as many times as we've shared our meds with others: "What is this? OMG, this is crazy. What kind of bong is this? I just took a huge hit and it didn't make me cough and it tastes amazing."

High Brix weed is different. It just is.

Now, does that mean other methods produce harsh and/or flavorless weed? NO! My gold standard for certain kinds of weed, Like SFV OG Kush, is what a master hydroponics grower produces. I'm trying to copy his flavor with my stuff. If I grow SFV in High Brix it doesn't resemble the hydro product in smell or taste. It does have an outstanding effect, but it underperforms in the equally important senses of smell and taste. So, there's one example of another method producing flavorful, delicious produce.

No one is saying everything else lacks flavor, or is harsh. Many of us were formerly organic growers, so we've all tasted and enjoyed good organic weed. It's hardly harsh or lacking in flavor! It can be exquisitely delicious.

It's just that we understand, by experience, that High Brix is different. Some of us prefer it more than others, even to the point of exclusivity. I'm there. I only smoke weed from other sources when it is socially required or when I'm professionally interested, IE as a critic or to help discern a price for something, or to help the grower get better.

BTW, chefs choose high brix every single time. It's better produce.

Well said Doc. I wish I had stumbled on your journals before I started growing. Oh well, its probably better this way as I'm sure I'll appreciate it more down the road. Definitely gives me something to look forward to as I will be enjoying this hobby for many more years.

Hey Icemud, I wish I could go back and delete my post. This is not an excuse but I had a horrible day at work and was just in a bad frame of mind. After having dinner and taking a couple of big rips off the vape I sat down on the couch in such a great state of mind and started reading this thread again and was like damn, I am such an ass. You know he's here posting with his peeps and I would have said the same stuff in such a comfortable environment. So yeah man I know you weren't knockin all other growers. I've browsed a few of your journals over these past months.

I'll take my seat in the back now and follow quietly while dwelling (and learning :)) on all you high brix growers. :volcano-smiley:

Hey Icemud, I wish I could go back and delete my post. This is not an excuse but I had a horrible day at work and was just in a bad frame of mind. After having dinner and taking a couple of big rips off the vape I sat down on the couch in such a great state of mind and started reading this thread again and was like damn, I am such an ass. You know he's here posting with his peeps and I would have said the same stuff in such a comfortable environment. So yeah man I know you weren't knockin all other growers. I've browsed a few of your journals over these past months.

I'll take my seat in the back now and follow quietly while dwelling (and learning :)) on all you high brix growers. :volcano-smiley:

No worries my friend, I can see how I worded it and what I meant were not quite clear. My mistake :) Docbud said it perfectly. The way I usually tell people or compare HB to other grown buds is kind of like a fine vintage wine vs a boxed wine or flavored wine. They both have tastes and flavors, but the HB is like the fine wine where when you roll it around your pallet, you notice subtle nuances of flavor, that otherwise wouldn't be noticed at all. I didn't mean flavorless though, my mistake for my improperly conveying my thoughts :) I guess I could have said it has more complex flavors. :)

Sorry to hear you had a bad day, I've definitely had my share of them, and thankfully, I always have a special girl named Mary Jane to take away the edge :)

Speaking about HB vs other grown buds...have you Doc or anyone else ever did a side by side of HB vs a regular grown bud and had a terpene test done? I would be curious as to how much different the profile of Terpenes is produced or unlocked. I've seen videos of tests for LED vs HID comparing the Terps, but would be awesome to see one for HB vs non HB :) I totally would but lack the room or environment control to really do a side by side with any compatible value.

Doc Bud do you have any observations on the difference between using the Dorm Grow G8-450 and Dorm Grow G8-90RR that you have previously used and the Dorm Grow G8-600 you are now using?

I'm using the 90watt UFO's on this grow too......so both lights require the extra red.

I don't notice a difference, except that I had one Tahoe OG under the 450 and I've got 4 plants under each 600. Both lights have the same spectrum. They both work extremely well, as evidenced by the healthy plants.

Update time.

Not much to say. Anyone would be ecstatic with these plants under these lights. What's not to like?

IMG_66328.JPG

IMG_66317.JPG

IMG_66295.JPG

IMG_66114.JPG

IMG_66104.jpg

IMG_66093.JPG

IMG_66054.jpg

IMG_66043.jpg

IMG_66034.jpg

IMG_66023.jpg

IMG_66013.JPG

IMG_66004.jpg

IMG_65993.jpg

For what it's worth, I give my full endorsement to these lights. These plants aren't lacking in any department, and things are fattening up for what looks like a decent yield compared to HID, but probably much better in grams per watt.

I can't wait to get some even stronger LED's in the garden.

Sphnx....i agree 100%. Prices are just way out there....9 grand,that is crazy! I feel bad enough ,when i have to recover some costs and charge 10 a g.. That's enough allready. Cheers.:blunt:

yeah, that's £560 in British Pounds, which is, $893.49 in your money, or $14,301 on a pound...

see my angst? :peace:

Hey Doc , plants are looking lovely. :)

The new XTE series panels that I'm testing have CREE XT-E 5W and OSRAM high power 3W diodes seem to be extremely bright and efficient. I also own one of their DS350XML panels that have 10 CREE XML 10W diodes which gives it great penetration.
par numbers for the DS350XML are on their website and I should have the numbers on the XTE 300'S soon if your interested.
these panels running high watt chips with special secondary optics might be the power your looking for. :)

:goodjob:

Hey Doc , plants are looking lovely. :)

The new XTE series panels that I'm testing have CREE XT-E 5W and OSRAM high power 3W diodes seem to be extremely bright and efficient. I also own one of their DS350XML panels that have 10 CREE XML 10W diodes which gives it great penetration.
par numbers for the DS350XML are on their website and I should have the numbers on the XTE 300'S soon if your interested.
these panels running high watt chips with special secondary optics might be the power your looking for. :)

:goodjob:

Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom