The G8-600 - Doc Bud Tries LED Again

those look really nice doc!! i am shocked, when i saw the pics of those lights i thought they looked a little cheap, but seeing how nice your meds look, i was wrong, guess looks can be deceiving, great job doc!!!

There are lots of good options these days at reasonable prices you just need to do a bit of research and not buy a junk brand. You can always spend more for fancy controllers or really nice machined cases if thats your thing and theres nothing wrong with that but its not necessary anymore to buy the really high end lights just to get great results :thumb:

true!! i am really happy with threads like this, i hate when a bunch of guys jump on a bandwagon on how great the leds they are using are just to get free trial stuff.. its good to see a cheaper brand pull its weight with an unbiased review.... thank you doc!!

The last two plants are getting their final trim today and I'll post numbers after that.

Wait till you see pictures of a bowl full of purple, crystal covered buds. This grow was a smashing success. Fantastic lighting!

Thank you again Doc Bud for showing the growing power of G8LED Technology. The beautiful plants you have grown are perfect! You hit it out of the park with this one. :peace:

Thank you again Doc Bud for showing the growing power of G8LED Technology. The beautiful plants you have grown are perfect! You hit it out of the park with this one. :peace:

It was a great pleasure!

Final weights for all 8 plants was 19.2 oz. The 4 Grape Ape weighed in at 10.2 oz and the 4 Purple Cadillac came to 9 oz exactly.

19.2 x 28.5= 547.2 grams

880 total watts for the grow. Therefore the the yield was .62 grams per watt.

The plants could have been larger. I could have fit 2 more under the lights as well giving an even better yield.

The one thing everyone must keep in mind is that these plants were PERFECT! There wasn't a bad leaf on the bunch. I'll take a picture of all the buds tomorrow or the next day.

This has been my favorite grow ever.

Those lights would be perfect in my 4x8 tent dear santa dormgrow lol guess I better start saving ive been wanting these lights for a while now glad I got to see them ran and by doc non the less nice grow doc love that purple caddi its gorgeous looking

Cannot wait to see the final shots of these beautiful buds. I love following you journals Doc, not only because the beautiful fruits of your labor...

but also because I am constantly learning new things! This is especially helpful considering I am looking at LED lights currently, and once I have some experience under my belt and a new LED... I think I might be ready to try the High Brix kit. We will see how long that takes though!

Thanks for everything you do for 420mag Doc!

IMG_67404.jpg

Grape Ape cola after washing...

That looks tasty. Congrats on that one.

Doc Bud, again thanks for your contribution to our body of knowledge. Time for a round or Devil's Advocate. You certainly have outstanding experience, instinct, intelligence and grow knowledge. You've completed many, many grows, intelligently varying relevant parameters over the past five years. Do you think or feel in your gut that this overwhelming succcess here is due to your proper handeling of the DormGrow LEDs? Or, do you think (biostatitistically) that your total results are begining to approach a normal or "Gaussian" distribution? Would they all begin to plot into a normal bell curve with this grow being a point (of success) way out to the extreme right on your cartesian plane as your mean, median and mode begin to equal one another? I miss our chats!

Doc Bud, again thanks for your contribution to our body of knowledge. Time for a round or Devil's Advocate. You certainly have outstanding experience, instinct, intelligence and grow knowledge. You've completed many, many grows, intelligently varying relevant parameters over the past five years. Do you think or feel in your gut that this overwhelming succcess here is due to your proper handeling of the DormGrow LEDs? Or, do you think (biostatitistically) that your total results are begining to approach a normal or "Gaussian" distribution? Would they all begin to plot into a normal bell curve with this grow being a point (of success) way out to the extreme right on your cartesian plane as your mean, median and mode begin to equal one another? I miss our chats!

:thumb:

A few things are going on here:

1. The LED lighting is very nice to the plants. The spectrum that these G8's put out was undeniably "perfect" for the plants, as the plants themselves were essentially flawless for most of the grow.

2. This strain is particularly rewarding to grow because it's so visually attractive, so it makes the lights look good if a person desires to see it that way

3. I had grown the strain before and it absolutely loves my soil and methods, so there's your "normal."

If someone wanted to duplicate this, they could easily do so! Buy the lights and soil, and create a good environment. Upon obtaining a clone---widely available in CA----they could do this.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Doc Bud,

How's life? 2 quickies. (1) Have you had any experience with the Caledonia style air-pruning pots? And (2) if you could find your crystal ball; I believe you illuminated 8 7-gallon pots filled with your high-brix in a CEA environment. Would you guestimate your yield to be any different if you had instead used 6 10-gallon pots (somehow squeezing in the extra 4-gallons of high-brix)?

Take Care, -HWM

Doc Bud,

How's life? 2 quickies. (1) Have you had any experience with the Caledonia style air-pruning pots? And (2) if you could find your crystal ball; I believe you illuminated 8 7-gallon pots filled with your high-brix in a CEA environment. Would you guestimate your yield to be any different if you had instead used 6 10-gallon pots (somehow squeezing in the extra 4-gallons of high-brix)?

Take Care, -HWM

Larger pots make larger plants....but I can't fit as many 10's as i can 7's....so it's more a matter of space.

I haven't used the Caledonia's at all, but air-pruning is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom