Doc Bud Tries The G8 450 LED From Dorm Grow!

Actually, i was using the hid as a heat source. I had my temps and humidity locked on but now that i dont have that heat source ive had to figure out another method which im glad to say has been figured out. Another timer solved the issue :)

Oh yeah....we have all kinds of little environmental challenges don't we? The laws of physics say that things are harder to control when the more they deviate from the norm....either hot or cold. The LED doesn't produce as much heat as an HID, which means it's easier to control the environment.

But as you pointed out, it's not as simple as just unplugging one and plugging the other in!

Not to mention, where i am, the temps can be in the high 70s low 80s one day and in the 30s or even 20s the next! Keeps it challenging but im doing pretty good. Just seen first true q-tip trichomes 2 days after installation of the led...good times ahead!

DocBud, any plans to run some cured end product past Steep Hill when all is said and done? And the acid test: did the cuttings perchance come off a mother so that you could do an A:A lab comparison against your HID setup?

DocBud, any plans to run some cured end product past Steep Hill when all is said and done? And the acid test: did the cuttings perchance come off a mother so that you could do an A:A lab comparison against your HID setup?

No plans to test LED vs HID at this point. I am planning to get all my meds tested....if you could add an extra week into the month and some extra money, I'd have it done next week.

Well, things keep moving forward. This little OG is doing just perfect. Delicate smell coming through, leaves are happy, buds are forming. It's the most photogenic plant in the garden at this point.
IMG_56702.JPG
IMG_56691.jpg
IMG_56712.JPG

Doc

what is the approximate square footage you are utilizing with the LED?

This particular light combo, the G8 450 coupled with the UFO 90 red spectrum, cover a 2x4 footprint. It's not their biggest light.

This unit would be a PERFECT choice for someone growing in a 2x4 tent. I've got one plant under it. There could easily be room for two if I trained them a bit, but my goal with this grow wasn't yield, but quality.

I wanted to see for myself what one of these lights is capable of doing.

but my goal with this grow wasn't yield, but quality.

I wanted to see for myself what one of these lights is capable of doing.

DocBud, sorry to flog the proverbial dead horse, but in the absence of GC, MS and/or HPLC, what's your strategy?

DocBud, sorry to flog the proverbial dead horse, but in the absence of GC, MS and/or HPLC, what's your strategy?

My strategy with this LED demo grow? On this thread, I'm taking a new G8 450 for a test drive on a Tahoe OG. I must say the light is exceeding expectations in every way.

As far as lab work and such, please feel free to ask on the Q and A thread. I'm trying my hardest to do something anyone with a 2x4 grow tent would be proud of. This LED is designed for a 2x4 footprint and I have to say it's rocking it. I can't say what the yield will be like, as I've never grown with a light this small before, but the plant's health is extraordinary.

My strategy with this LED demo grow? On this thread, I'm taking a new G8 450 for a test drive on a Tahoe OG. I must say the light is exceeding expectations in every way.

...I'm trying my hardest to do something anyone with a 2x4 grow tent would be proud of.

And may I say thank you so much for going through the trouble as a 2x4 grower with HPS issues thinking of the switch to both LED and your other methods. That plant looks beyond perfect. :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom