Doc Bud Tries The G8 450 LED From Dorm Grow!

This plant is pretty much perfect. Each leaf, posture, color, vigor, smell.

Folks: LED is the real deal. This light is doing a fantastic job. I'll bring this girl up right and we should see quite a show in the coming days.
Picture_04245.jpg
Picture_04141.jpg
Picture_04047.jpg

Hey Doc, I was just curious if you tested the brix levels of this strain when growing with HID lights, and now with LED. I was just curious if there was any difference in brix with the only difference being the light?

Hey Doc, I was just curious if you tested the brix levels of this strain when growing with HID lights, and now with LED. I was just curious if there was any difference in brix with the only difference being the light?

Brix is normal. Right where it should be at about 14 in the "dumbed down" soil. I'm growing OG, so I had to partially ruin the soil so the damn plant can grow right.

Brix is normal. Right where it should be at about 14 in the "dumbed down" soil. I'm growing OG, so I had to partially ruin the soil so the damn plant can grow right.

I hear ya with the OG's, they seem to be my most needy plants *usually the first ones to show nutrients stresses... Even though my OG buds always turn out great, I never have the nice green perfect leaves upon harvest, usually they are brown and dying with my OG's.. also still trying to find the right balance for them... So far the T and J teas have kept them looking really good, and with the Amaze/PGR sprays it seems they like them, but the true test for me this run will be later in flowering to see what happens..

What height do you have your livhts at doc?

18 to 24 inches. I kept it pretty much right at 22 inches above the top canopy for veg. I let them grow up into the light a bit in bloom, to try to shorten the nodes a bit and now that they've stopped stretching I just raised the light back to 24 inches which is the lower end of the manufacturer's recommended distance.

Every single leaf on the damn plant is perfect. I've never seen anything like it in my garden. I usually have perfect plants except for the one or two leaves I pick off because they're slightly chlorotic, or maybe they have a couple thripe bites or the plant is digesting it getting ready to drop it.

With the LED, every leaf looks perfect. Very cool. I'm really enjoying this light and must say, I'm giving LED serious consideration as a permanent fixture in my garden.

nice plant man leds seem to be performing well hey doc I know u want to keep this journal about the leds so can u send me a pm since I don't have enough post to be able to message (regarding high brix kit)thanks man and ill be here watching that lady pack on some weight

18 to 24 inches. I kept it pretty much right at 22 inches above the top canopy for veg. I let them grow up into the light a bit in bloom, to try to shorten the nodes a bit and now that they've stopped stretching I just raised the light back to 24 inches which is the lower end of the manufacturer's recommended distance.

Every single leaf on the damn plant is perfect. I've never seen anything like it in my garden. I usually have perfect plants except for the one or two leaves I pick off because they're slightly chlorotic, or maybe they have a couple thripe bites or the plant is digesting it getting ready to drop it.

With the LED, every leaf looks perfect. Very cool. I'm really enjoying this light and must say, I'm giving LED serious consideration as a permanent fixture in my garden.

I knew you'd dig it Doc. That plant looks amazing!!! I really enjoy the look of the led plant they are a joy to be around.

For a small grower, LED is the way forward. Yes, it costs more initially, but you save on the ebill, not to mention you don't need as much gear to cool things down.
Actually, i was using the hid as a heat source. I had my temps and humidity locked on but now that i dont have that heat source ive had to figure out another method which im glad to say has been figured out. Another timer solved the issue :)

Back
Top Bottom