Doc Bud's High Brix - LED Indulgence

This run is HIGH brix. 18 on the Paki's.....15 on the Champagne. Those readings are higher than I've ever had.

IMG_72413.JPG

IMG_72403.JPG

IMG_72384.JPG

IMG_72352.JPG

IMG_72343.JPG

IMG_72333.jpg

IMG_72323.JPG

IMG_72313.jpg

I wouldn't put a 1200 closer than 24 inches. I'd like to see you use two 900's in of those squares. The extra power will help keep nodes short and yield up, despite the low ceiling.

You meant to replace the 2 600w with 2 P900? Total of 1114 watts.
I am attaching a picture of I was planing before your recommendation. The P600 is 36L X 8W and 368 watts, 2 of them to cover each area 736watts, next to each other would cover 16 inches wide, and I would need 4 of them, using a total of 1472 watts. I guess way more than the HID'S :p
The P900 is 36L x 12W and 557watts, 2 of them a total of 1114 watts, putting next to each other covering an area of about 24 inches.
I just don't know how much the lights spreads so I keep worried about 1 panel being too close would not be enough to hit the far end tops.
I guess I would be adding too much watts with 4, p600 in such a small place. Would I be able to keep the P900 about 12" to the canopy?
Thanks a lot Doc
Plan8.jpg

You meant to replace the 2 600w with 2 P900? Total of 1114 watts.
I am attaching a picture of I was planing before your recommendation. The P600 is 36L X 8W and 368 watts, 2 of them to cover each area 736watts, next to each other would cover 16 inches wide, and I would need 4 of them, using a total of 1472 watts. I guess way more than the HID'S :p
The P900 is 36L x 12W and 557watts, 2 of them a total of 1114 watts, putting next to each other covering an area of about 24 inches.
I just don't know how much the lights spreads so I keep worried about 1 panel being too close would not be enough to hit the far end tops.
I guess I would be adding too much watts with 4, p600 in such a small place. Would I be able to keep the P900 about 12" to the canopy?
Thanks a lot Doc
Plan8.jpg

:circle-of-love: OK, I see a weed garden there.

If that was me, I'd have 2x1000 watt HPS there......or 2x P1200. From what I can see, it's truly a direct replacement and IMPROVEMENT over a 1000w HPS.

The footprints of each light are listed on their webpage, but I'm quite confident 2 P900's would grow a lovely garden in that footprint....but 2 P1200's would kick ass and push the plants a bit.

I have a feeling that if everything keeps going on this overall course, I'll have the best plants of my career. I'm quite surprised, and very pleasantly at that.

Doc i understand that you don't stress/train your plants in any way

is it possible that applying stress to a plant could lower it's brix levels?

Hi Doc

I've been reading your journals I think for almost twenty four hours straight. Not really, but like a good book,, I can't put you down ;)

I'm determined to improve my soil and growing knowledge. And, I'm looking for a good tea kit, with something that will help mineralize my soil. I found this kit, I think you used it, or variations of it, but didn't know if you still did?? THANK YOU!!

Organic Garden Kit for High Brix Results - T&J Enterprises

Hi Doc

I've been reading your journals I think for almost twenty four hours straight. Not really, but like a good book,, I can't out you down ;)

I'm looking for a good tea kit, with something that will help mineralize my soil. I found this kit, I think you used it, or variations of it, but didn't know if you still did?? THANK YOU!!

Organic Garden Kit for High Brix Results - T&J Enterprises

Yep. I've used it. You can do much better for much less! Their Nature's Own tea is fantastic, as is BioVam, their myko product. But the minerals are generic and the fertilizer is Biosol Forte.....a decent product for landscaping, but not really what we want for our needs.

If you insist on going it your own, I'd suggest reading up on the 6-5-3 method of mineralization (in my old journals). You could also try LOS method......or you could spend less money than either of those approaches and get my kit.

I really should buy your kit. But I'm having fun and learning a shit ton in the process. I think for next year's winter grows I'll get yours.

You have to understand, when I was in the military I was a competition shooter. I did that for a number of years at a high level. So, I like to dial things in on my own and enjoy that challenge. And I'm very determined to do so. I enjoy and need a coach from time to time. But I like studying the game, the finer points, to achieve the best results.

If I just get your goods,, I'm handicapping myself. It's like shooting with a scope over irons, I consider that cheating. Sure there is a place for optics, but that's after you master irons. I need to hit the target myself with irons,, get comfortable in the ten ring, before you help dial me into the x ring ;)

That's my thinking anyway.

:Namaste:

I really should buy your kit. But I'm having fun and learning a shit ton in the process. I think for next year's winter grows I'll get yours.

You have to understand, when I was in the military I was a competition shooter. I did that for a number of years at a high level. So, I like to dial things in on my own and enjoy that challenge. And I'm very determined to do so. I enjoy and need a coach from time to time. But I like studying the game, the finer points, to achieve the best results.

If I just get your goods,, I'm handicapping myself. It's like shooting with a scope over irons, I consider that cheating. Sure there is a place for optics, but that's after you master irons. I need to hit the target myself with irons,, get comfortable in the ten ring, before you help dial me into the x ring ;)

That's my thinking anyway.

It's a journey. Where you start doesn't matter so much as where you end up. You're on the right path, IMO.

Great thread Doc Bud. Will you be in Denver for Cannabis Cup? I am thinking about making the drive.

Im currently running a 1000w HPS. I decided to go another route than the P450. I am thinking about running a P1200 over a 28" wide, 58" long, 7' high room. My biggest yield so far of OG #18 was 19.75 ounces. Im hoping a P1200 can do a bit better?

Something tells me that Docs appearances at the Corporate Marijuana Sponsors Cups days are numbered.

I'm sure the Denver one is similar to the one in SoCal with significantly less credibility (like the rest of our industry).

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Hello, Doc Bud.

I just signed up on this forum, although I often spend time reading and following it for years, to request your opinion/advice/tip regards to the following question: should I get 4 x P600 or 2 x P1200 for a 8' x 8' x 6' grow tent?

Thank you in advance.

Hello, Doc Bud.

I just signed up on this forum, although I often spend time reading and following it for years, to request your opinion/advice/tip regards to the following question: should I get 4 x P600 or 2 x P1200 for a 8' x 8' x 6' grow tent?

Thank you in advance.

8x8 but only a 6 foot ceiling?

Well, my associate has a 4x8 tent with a one foot height extension and he's running 4xP600 in it. I think you might get by with 6xP600 in an 8x8 space and then look to add a couple panels ASAP.

The 1200's are too strong and require more headroom.....mine are up as high as they will go and I still have so dang much light the tops are bleached on a few.

Back
Top Bottom