Duggan Does Desfran: Destroyer X Destroyer!

That totally sucks. What a kick in the stones.
Dunno what more to say except I hope you get some nice full melt from them.
This round is sure to be amazing.
I'm hitting the road for a couple of days. See you when I return.

Damn sorry Duggan what a let down that must be. To bad you don't live close I would give you some of mine to hold you over in a heartbeat if I could. I know the zamals will turn out much better but I'm sure that doesn't make you feel much better at this point.

Sorry bud :passitleft:

Conradino, Nate, Major and Smokey...thanks for the kind words you guys. Ya Smokey, your right , after all I've been thru with these....I'm beside myself right now and don't really know what to say. Someone once said..." If ya don't have anything good to say then....."
So much work, so much effort, down the toilet. How could such a coveted and award winning strain turn out SOOOOO bad?????I feel if I had of waited another 3 weeks or so...it wouldn't have mattered in the quality , that's just how I see it here. I didn't even have to wash my hands after two hrs. of handling and trimming them!!! What happened??? I want to know why!! Not one itty bit of resin on the scissors after all that trimming....where did it go? Smells like hay, no taste, no buzz.....furious with D.P. right now . It sure as hell wasn't my fault but I'm the one who suffers now for the next three months or so till yet another untried strain is ready!

That sucks.

Had this with my 2 HW Dream Machine yielded half what it looked like and that was garbage.
Well at lest the Deep Cheese freebee is good and smells and taste better than my Blue Dream.

Was looking for Desfrans too but than toke Panama and Zamaldelicia

Mods , please terminate this journal....I've had enough of these Desfrans. Time to move on and pass my experiences with it along to growers who are thinking of growing it.....DON'T....it's just not worth the risk ....too many bad, yoogly or under achieving pheno's. Get your act together D.P. Check out my journal and see!! Thankyou to all who kept me company during this nightmare grow! I appreciated all the kind words and the support along the way! I'm so sorry to disappoint at the end here but I gave them ALL I had! Cheers Gang!

Sorry about the bad grow, Duggs.

I've had a few that have "underperformed" over the years, but never any that totally misfired like your Desfrans. Hope that company gets its shit together.

On to better strains...

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey duggan. Sorry to hear man...since one plant was very good, had to be the strain/seed, NOT you as your skills have been demo'd time & time again. Even so, hard to comprehend how there could be such a variance within the same strain. :sorry:

Ya eh Bright ...I'm not sure about what happened other than those two pheno's were losers from the start! Thanks for sticking around everyone.....now enough of this...come over and see if I can do better with the Zamal Hash's from Ace.

Wow, what a revolting development!! :thedoubletake::straightface:

Fuck Desfran, eh? The damned strain is nowhere near being stabilized!! I think four of us grew it at the same time ... and every plant was a different pheno ... ?! What a piece of crap. :laughtwo:

It sure wasn't your growing skills, Duggan. You did an amazing job with 'em! :goodjob:

Sorry Duggs, what a pisser! Maybe it will come around after a cure?? You won't be disappointed with the ACE genetics they will reward your efforts for sure. Here's to hoping the hash will be worth it.
:passitleft: Here have some tikal mixed with tangerine dream.

Hey pal...what the f...k eh Neiko. Five months .....gone! The fast pheno is nice ,but only have a couple z's of her left....bills!
The Desfran is in jars, but there's no hope of it improving...it's really quit pitifull to see.When you take some of it and squeeze the shit out of it ...and smell it ...smells like straw or hay with NOOOOO resin to be seen by the naked eye. The "bags" will make short work of it all. If there's any resin to be had...it will show in the Bubblehash.
Ya baby...hit me again :passitleft: Nice taste...thanks for that...:surf: That's better.
Talkin of that, i dug out some MK-Ultra from the freezer....now we're talkin...got tired of messin around, needed a hard hitter, something with some punch! Works! I'm hopin Major can wait till i get a chance to do another B.H. session...wanna make some really nice "full melt" and he'l benefit from seeing it again before he goes at it. Anyhow , have an awesome night Neiko.

What a pain in the ass way to end one of the most exciting grows of the year. Bummer Duggan. No reflection on you at all. Crap strain!!!

What a pain in the ass way to end one of the most exciting grows of the year. Bummer Duggan. No reflection on you at all. Crap strain!!!

Ya...I am soooo disappointed in how it all turned out....only one plant of the three really did anything (got 9.2 z's. off her). The other two sucked, period! Very unhappy with the grow! and D.P. for not stabilizing the strain first! Cheers SS. and have an awesome day !

That is a bummer about the resulting quality. Was there much in the way of trichomes on the buds, looking at one of the previously posted bud pics, it looked really good except I didn't see a much of a profusion of trichomes, or maybe they were there but weren't so apparent in the pic, I just wondered after reading of the disappointing result.

hey Stunger....welcome to my journal...even though its quite old...ha... :high-five:
Yes, my Desfran grow was a huge disappointment , after all i went thru with it. Two of the plants produced NO resin glands at all, ZERO. Not even enough to run thru my hash bags. The other two plants were potent but also dissapointing. I wrote DP and they reimbursed me with other free seeds.
Bin growing since 1987 , and never seen a cannabis plant like those two. anyhow, cheers Stunger. please get over to my current journal...i'm harvesting today and will post some pics later tonight or tomorrow. Cheers eh.

Back
Top Bottom