Doc Bud Tries The G8 450 LED From Dorm Grow!

What's to say? This little OG is the prettiest plant in the garden right now. It's also the smallest, by design, but it remains nearly 100% perfect in every way.

How does the G8 450 work? I'll show ya!

IMG_56902.jpg
IMG_56912.jpg
IMG_56924.jpg
IMG_56933.jpg

Wow Doc!!! Beautiful, and look at all the trichomes already!!! wow!

nice plant doc its performing well under those leds how long will you be letting it go ?

I like to let this strain go to at least 10 weeks, so I think about six weeks more. I'm curious as to the response the red spectrum and the UV diodes will bring.

I emailed the manufacturer, because I thought I had a few diodes out, but then I learned that some of them aren't really visible, especially with the others so bright. Those are the UV, among others.

When I make the switch to LED, I'll learn the science and manufacturing process better. I wanted to do this grow like a typical end user who isn't a fanatic like me, but who wants to plug in a light and not have to think too much. This light is a homerun for such a person.

A first time grower in a 2x4 tent wants this exact light. It's PERFECT for such an environment.

Anyways, I'm not insisting it go a certain amount of time, but generally 10-12 weeks on this strain. Most of my stuff goes 2 or 3 weeks longer than "normal." The trichomes don't really go amber in high brix, and the buds get larger and more resinous.....so why not let 'em grow?

The G8 450 growing Tahoe OG.

IMG_57364.jpg
IMG_57345.jpg
IMG_57332.JPG
IMG_57322.JPG

The plant is noticeably healthier than it's HID counterparts. LED is really cool! These two lights are putting on quite a show.

Remember this is my virgin LED grow and I've done nothing but provide an optimal environment and keep the light basically 22 inches from the canopy, give or take 6 inches and the canopy height variance. The plant has considerable less stress than other lighting I use.

Being im on my first LED grow too coming from HID as well...i am getting similar results as you DOC. Your plants look PERFECT and happy as hell...

For me the switch to LED was HIGHLY due to heat issues with HID's but you dont have those issues in your enviorment!!!

Im loving the show here Keep it Rocking DOC:allgood:

I cant wait to get my new girl under my led!
Doc, do you think going from cfl (3 weeks) to 900w led will shock her? Is there any kind of adjusting period i should incorporate or just spray her with stress and throw her in?

I just slipped my baby girls from 200 actual watt 6500k cfl to 480 actual watt led. These are 4 days after the switch.

24wc4gi.jpg

2wdx955.jpg

23ws5dl.jpg

Appreciate any observations. Those are 2 S's Jack Fem, 1 Western Winds from seed fem, one western winds clone and the lil skippers are 2 bag seeds. The Jack fems and the WW fem are about 5 weeks from germ. They received OND and tea at transplant (from 1 gals to 7 gals) 4 days ago. They have had one foliar of brixblaster. I was planning on dosing them with straight H2O at next watering (sunday). My plan is to give 2 weeks of LED adjustment period then 12/12.

Not intending to sidetrack thread just eager for feedback on status and also relevant to Canuck's query. Appreciate your indulgence.

Ludweed

Back
Top Bottom