Doc Bud Tries The G8 450 LED From Dorm Grow!

Doc,

how much longer?

Does the plant seem to be maturing at the same rate as with the HPS you use?

are you shooting for any specific gram/watt(actual) to compare to your normal yield with your HID's?

excluding the quality, which with your expertise should be good no matter what you use, what will be the most important factors you will use to judge it a successful grow?

Doc,

how much longer?

Does the plant seem to be maturing at the same rate as with the HPS you use?

are you shooting for any specific gram/watt(actual) to compare to your normal yield with your HID's?

excluding the quality, which with your expertise should be good no matter what you use, what will be the most important factors you will use to judge it a successful grow?

How much longer.....probably 2 weeks at least. I'll take some pics tomorrow, but it's still perfectly green, getting frosty, swelling up...looking really nice.

Overall growth is more delicate and the plants are smaller than under HID. It's also in a smaller container than I normally use. However, the buds are simply gorgeous. Definitely got the fake look to it.

What I was hoping to do with this light was show what someone could expect to achieve in a 2x4 tent, growing one single plant from clone. I expect I'll harvest 2 to 3 oz of superb high brix OG. And let me tell you, this current crop with the bone meal was damn good. I expect the bud from this LED to be exquisite, based on smell.

So, if I'm a guy in an apartment or who needs to grow a plant in his bedroom, a 2x4 footprint is all that is needed to duplicate what I'm doing. Everything can be bought and delivered to your door, soil/EWC can come from a hydro shop, Lowes, Home d POT, etc.

A guy in a college town would have no problem sourcing everything on the web, and finding the soil very near by. Assuming the environment is good, my grow on this thread could be duplicated by a novice.

So, to me that's success. I like to have it in reach for everyone to grow super high quality weed. That alone will keep agribusiness out of our lives.

pics. They keep looking better. Not ready to harvest yet.....still growing.

Picture_02581.jpg
Picture_006201.jpg
Picture_005218.jpg
Picture_003232.jpg
Picture_002231.jpg
Picture_001236.jpg
Picture_09118.jpg
Picture_09018.jpg
Picture_08924.jpg

:bravo:

Beautiful Doc great job....im very curious the yield from this light and plant!!

Best of luck to the finish!:peace:

I bet it makes you want to get a large LED panel and use it for your 'real' grows?

I was thinking of a ceiling made from LED's.....like 30 of em. I would definitely be interested in trying a larger light.

On the other hand, I'm wanting to save money for a large, state of the art, climate controlled greenhouse and ditch this indoor stuff once and for all. Just waiting for the laws to catch up with the bleeding obvious.....

Doc that Tahoe is just insane. Perfect leaves till harvest!! Amazing. My last plant got hungry or something and started eating itself haha..still need to figure a way around that - maybe a 10gal pot instead of 7, for 14 week strain. Whatever, culling that one anyway... Gonna run some faster strains. Do your fans all stay green till chop?

Any thoughts on a OG soil recycling program? I'd be willing to ruin the soil if there was a way to reuse it. If not, maybe save the bonemeal/guano OG mix for 3rd or 4th run where the road ends anyway?

I'm flowering my 5th run even as I type this. The runs are unlimited if you take care of the soil ;)

As much as I like talking about soil, especially with Curso, this journal needs to stay pretty well on topic regarding the light.

What I'm trying to do with this grow is show what is possible to achieve with this particular light in a micro-garden type of environment. Afterall, a 2x4 foot print is pretty small. But a person need not sacrifice quality in order to achieve that.

Regarding fan leaves; the LED plant is greener and healthier than the HID plants at the same stage in bloom. They are also more delicate and seem to have less resin...slightly less.

However, Tahoe OG packs on the resin in the last few weeks, and I'm thinking this plant has maybe 2 to 3 weeks, so it remains to be seen how things go.

It's a beautiful plant, no doubt about it. I'm interested in the final product.....very keen on seeing what it's like.

As much as I like talking about soil, especially with Curso, this journal needs to stay pretty well on topic regarding the light.

What I'm trying to do with this grow is show what is possible to achieve with this particular light in a micro-garden type of environment. Afterall, a 2x4 foot print is pretty small. But a person need not sacrifice quality in order to achieve that.

Regarding fan leaves; the LED plant is greener and healthier than the HID plants at the same stage in bloom. They are also more delicate and seem to have less resin...slightly less.

However, Tahoe OG packs on the resin in the last few weeks, and I'm thinking this plant has maybe 2 to 3 weeks, so it remains to be seen how things go.

It's a beautiful plant, no doubt about it. I'm interested in the final product.....very keen on seeing what it's like.

I agree it is a beautiful plant and that light did an amazing job. I'm impressed with it from afar. Sorry bout the soil bit, I should have known better :)

I was thinking of a ceiling made from LED's.....like 30 of em. I would definitely be interested in trying a larger light.

On the other hand, I'm wanting to save money for a large, state of the art, climate controlled greenhouse and ditch this indoor stuff once and for all. Just waiting for the laws to catch up with the bleeding obvious.....

LED ceiling sounds great but CLIMATE CONTROLLED GREEN HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my dream as well it urkes me growing little plants indoors when a couple plants outside could hold me for a year or more of meds!!!!

Back
Top Bottom