The G8-600 - Doc Bud Tries LED Again

Ya Doc, i agree, so will you go to the next size up for next round?That's 900 isn't it? Have two, or maybe even three over that tray.Youd'e still use less hydro. Doc, just wonderin if you've already taken into consideration the cooling cost's dropping way down as well in your power usage. Dorm Grow sells another bigger light don't they....like a 1200 or something? Dunno.

got a quick question regarding my MK'S....after the two C.D's i gave them straight water w/ 1 teaspn epsoms...that's all. Would you give them two more "just waters" or start back w/ G.E. i wanted to ,not flush but ,just give them a plain old drink . Thoughts,, some upper leaves are getting a little crispy .

Upper leaves are crispy? What about lower leaves?

Do you think they're burned from lights or some issue with the roots?

It's very unusual to have crispy tops and normal lower leaves....usually means the lights are too bright or the tops are too hot.

Doc, doubt it's the lights.I first noticed some edges burning a little and thought it was from spraying too much of maybe ,too strong brix one time.The lights have all been moved up already to be sure.It only seems to be the top area leaves (even on lower tops). The rest of the plant is perfect ....that's what gets me.So i decided to just give water ,as i said.I was giving tea w/every drink/feeding.Maybe made the soil too hot doin that ? Dunno.Have stopped tea for about 10 days or so ,now. Maybe with this second run soil...it's a little different regarding the tea?

Doc, doubt it's the lights.I first noticed some edges burning a little and thought it was from spraying too much of maybe ,too strong brix one time.The lights have all been moved up already to be sure.It only seems to be the top area leaves (even on lower tops). The rest of the plant is perfect ....that's what gets me.So i decided to just give water ,as i said.I was giving tea w/every drink/feeding.Maybe made the soil too hot doin that ? Dunno.Have stopped tea for about 10 days or so ,now. Maybe with this second run soil...it's a little different regarding the tea?

Hmmmmm......not sure, but a good flushing followed by Tea and Transplant works well. I'd stop spraying for sure.

With subsequent runs of soil, I find I foliar feed less often. For Run 3 the lab recommended only foliar feeding twice the entire time.

Try flushing and chasing with Transplant and Tea.

Doc...OK. If they were further along ,i wouldn't be as worried, but they still have until 2nd week of Dec. !!
Oh, and forgot to mention,this condition started before the two C.D's. How could the lights cause this when they have such little heat??
That's got me thinking too.How close,is too close. And what bands cause suspected "toasting".Red, blue,? Can one put the "all reds" closer ,than say a "grow" light. Just wonderin. Thanks for hangin with me bro! Cheers, gotta get some zzz's.

Doc...OK. If they were further along ,i wouldn't be as worried, but they still have until 2nd week of Dec. !!
Oh, and forgot to mention,this condition started before the two C.D's. How could the lights cause this when they have such little heat??
That's got me thinking too.How close,is too close. And what bands cause suspected "toasting".Red, blue,? Can one put the "all reds" closer ,than say a "grow" light. Just wonderin. Thanks for hangin with me bro! Cheers, gotta get some zzz's.

Too much light can fry the leaves as much as too much heat. Did you have them real close for a while?

I'm not familiar with a condition that would cause crispy tops, but not crispy lower leaves. Bud rot? That could do it.....

We gotta figure out what's up. Post some pics on my other journal if you like and we can try to solve this. I don't like it if people have problems with my gear, so let's see what went wrong.

Too much light can fry the leaves as much as too much heat. Did you have them real close for a while?

I'm not familiar with a condition that would cause crispy tops, but not crispy lower leaves. Bud rot? That could do it.....

We gotta figure out what's up. Post some pics on my other journal if you like and we can try to solve this. I don't like it if people have problems with my gear, so let's see what went wrong.

Mornin Doc....After all we talked about....i'm almost certain it's the lights bro! Some days they were very close to them ,like 12" close!But only for a day or two ,then they'de get turned 180 away from them again. I think because it was gradual, I didn't suspect the lights.I kept looking for bleached or white leaves ,meanwhile the leaves seem to slowly get crispy on the tops a bit.No bud rot....and i'de bet the roots are peachy!I'l post a few pics for ya to look at tonight when I get home from work....have a great day bud and we'l talk more tonight if your around.Cheers. Oh, and they're due for a drink tonight as well.

Mornin Doc....After all we talked about....i'm almost certain it's the lights bro! Some days they were very close to them ,like 12" close!But only for a day or two ,then they'de get turned 180 away from them again. I think because it was gradual, I didn't suspect the lights.I kept looking for bleached or white leaves ,meanwhile the leaves seem to slowly get crispy on the tops a bit.No bud rot....and i'de bet the roots are peachy!I'l post a few pics for ya to look at tonight when I get home from work....have a great day bud and we'l talk more tonight if your around.Cheers. Oh, and they're due for a drink tonight as well.

If those red adds get like under 12" they'll start to cook those tops. Especially if you spray early in the day, that water reflects the light and well we know what happens from there. Try spraying later in the day as well as raising them a tad bro. I looked in your thread and I had a similar look to some clones I had "cooked" with the light being to close and it's on the edges of your leaf, which leads me to the spray cooking in.

If those red adds get like under 12" they'll start to cook those tops. Especially if you spray early in the day, that water reflects the light and well we know what happens from there. Try spraying later in the day as well as raising them a tad bro. I looked in your thread and I had a similar look to some clones I had "cooked" with the light being to close and it's on the edges of your leaf, which leads me to the spray cooking in.

Curs....thanks bro....Doc. and I suspected as much!Yes it all makes sense now.They were too close for a couple weeks. I'l raise those reds another 6" or so when I get home. Thanks again Curso.....I think I cought it early enough not to affect things too much!:Namaste::thanks:

Curso (the chef), can you go into a little detail for me ,on how you discovered the "toasting"? and how long it took you to catch it,etc... Thanks. I was starting to really wonder about this second run soil ,but i know it's good ....so it had to be something else. Doc. was a little troubled as well, on what could be wrong since i have been following directions and all and the symptoms didn't make sense for a soil or root problem. I do have an awefull lot of light on these two plants, so thanks for the heads up ,once again Curs.:Namaste:

A friend with the same red lights a little bit to close(well closer than you had them) and had about the same issue on a larger scale. The spray will "pool" at the edges of the leaf, thus leaving a magnifying glass on the edges. If the lights are to close to that "pool" well we know what happens.

A friend with the same red lights a little bit to close(well closer than you had them) and had about the same issue on a larger scale. The spray will "pool" at the edges of the leaf, thus leaving a magnifying glass on the edges. If the lights are to close to that "pool" well we know what happens.

Thanks Curs....i took some pics for you and Doc to have a boo at! I'l just post them here instead of over at my journal.

OK...i'm back with the pics. I have raised the lights as high as possible . Notice how nice the other leaves look!
MK_Ultra_for_Doc_010.jpg
MK_Ultra_for_Doc_009.jpg
MK_Ultra_for_Doc_008.jpg
MK_Ultra_for_Doc_007.jpg
MK_Ultra_for_Doc_006.jpg
MK_Ultra_for_Doc_005.jpg
MK_Ultra_for_Doc_004.jpg
MK_Ultra_for_Doc_003.jpg
MK_Ultra_for_Doc_002.jpg

I apologize for the dull, boring grow I'm running here. The plants look fake. Nothing is wrong. No issues. I'd like them to get fatter, so I'll give Growth Energy from here on out. Same boring stuff.

These lights make growing too easy. I haven't sprayed with DeStress once. No mites, no mold, nothing remotely less than perfect. Sheesh. :hmmmm: Are LED's viable for growing top shelf product?

Picture_015136.jpg

Picture_014153.jpg

Picture_013153.jpg

Picture_012169.jpg

Picture_007214.jpg

Picture_006232.jpg

Picture_005253.jpg

Picture_004265.jpg

Picture_003272.jpg

Back
Top Bottom