Kiwi Seed Grow (Cabinet Hydroponic Grow)

stealthtoker

Hello all. I am 10 days into this grow and already using a lot of the tips I have seen on this site. I hope by creating a journal I will get a lot of great advice on keeping my babies health. If i keep them health, they will keep me happy.

This is my fourth grow attempt. First grow was soil PPP and NL, seeds from weedfarmer. Grow produced several nice plants, I was not sure what I was doing and ended up with a couple of males knocking my ladies up. I still have seeds from that mating that I am using in one of my grows now. Second grow, first attempt at hydro, i had several get Nute Lock (did not know that till i started reading reading on this site) and the whole operation failed. Third grow is doing pretty good, I will post pic of that grow as they mature.

I am using a homemade Hydroponic/Deep Water Culture grow, based on a comercial Deep Water Culture system I read about and saw online. Very cheap to make and I have had pretty good results. I plan to use scrog on this grow with three of the Kiwi seeds sativas. I was going to add some bag seeds but it did not make it. I will try some of those in the next grow.

These are at 9 days.
kiwi_seedlings.jpg

kiwi_seedlings2.jpg

I am using GH Flora series, but will be changing to AN when my supply is gone. I just started foliar spraying them with SeaWeed extract at 50%.

I hope to update this every few days or when something changes. Thanks in advance for all of the help guys.

These are my NL + PPP crosses that are a @ four weeks into flowering.
ppp_nl_5.jpg

cola from the tall one on the left
ppp_nl_3.jpg

ppp_nl_3.jpg

from the right
ppp_nl_4.jpg

Hey and welcome to 420Magazine i see your new because of your post anyway there are some great people here with a lot of info an experience im sure youll find all the help you need here.
Nice set up, your girls are looking healthy. That PPPxNL sounds like a good combo.

Nice looking plants!! Can't wait to see how the Kiwi strains grow. I had some of their Alegria at the cannabis cup and it was fantastic cut through the high I already had and sent me higher. Did you get a certain strain or a mix from kiwi seeds? Looking at their site the had a couple of sativas. just wondering thanks.

Welcome.
Good to see another small hydro grow here.
Looks good. I am considering a tub that size or so for my next
batch already so I can have more than one plant flowering.
I was silly to use a bucket in the first place I suppose,
but it was my first and I'm just learning hydro.
Keep up the good job !

Peace:roorrip:

Moved my babies into 12/12 today. After reading some of the articles from Atmos and Cees, I thought I would try a much shorter veg for the sativa and get them into flowering sooner. I actually hope to get a male out of this group so I can do some selective breading for some seeds. I saw a couple of methods for collecting pollen and pollinating some lower colas. I will post some more pics in a couple of days, when I get back in town.

Keep smiling...

Hello all... just got some new pics uploaded. My babies are looking pretty good. They seem to love the liquid seaweed, thanks for the tip Moose. I expected the leaves to be thinner, these being from the Sativa side of the Kiwi Seeds. Maybe they will show those traits more as they develop.

This is from this morning. The plant in the round pot is another NL + PPP, this one is a clone. Added it to fill the hole from the Sara that did not make it.

15 days from seed, 4 days in flowering

new_1.jpg

side view
new_21.jpg

the star of the class, up close.
new_31.jpg

another shot of the NL + PPP cross... flowering well.
nl_ppp_bud.jpg

Keep Smiling...

Hey everyone... took some new photos last night... they are growing like crazy, love to watch them develop. Doing this journal is great, gives me a better reference to where they came from. Day to day they don't seem to grow much, till i look at the photos from the week before ; )

they are on the 12th day of flowering, the nl/ppp clone has taken off like crazy, as have the kiwi's. I have them at half strength on the nutes (GH mild growth level) with a tablespoon of liquid seaweed (1/3 recomended amount). Hope you all enjoy the new shots.

babies11.jpg

babies21.jpg

babies31.jpg

babies4.jpg

And last but not least.... a pick of one of the NL/PPP sweeties about 6 weeks into bloom. there are two of them that have made it this far... I think I have probably always picked too early, based on what I have learned from the great members of this site. I plan to be as patient as necessary this time.

nl13.jpg

Best wishes all and Keep Smiling

; )

Nice looking plants!! Can't wait to see how the Kiwi strains grow. I had some of their Alegria at the cannabis cup and it was fantastic cut through the high I already had and sent me higher. Did you get a certain strain or a mix from kiwi seeds? Looking at their site the had a couple of sativas. just wondering thanks.

Ganjarden - the Kiwi sativas are from their indoor/outdoor mix ('Daddy's Girl' 'Tasman Haze' '2 Pounder' and 'South Star'). They are doing great and I hope to get some beautiful plants from them.

Been a few days, took some more pics to show you today. my babies are growing like crazy... nutes update. I am up to moderate growth at 2/3 strength (GH Flora Series) also using 1/2 strength liquid seaweed. We are at 23 days of 12x12 and going strong.

here are the pics... first one is the of the kiwi (with one nl+ppp clone) in the 4 plant box. they have bushed out pretty good and are about ready to go under the fencing.

kiwi.jpg

Another view, notice that one of the plants has been bagged and covered, this would be the lonely male of the group, although the smaller one has not yet shown it's sex.

kiwi2.jpg

kiwi3.jpg

this is the female clone from the ladies below, getting a great start on flowering...

nl_ppp4.jpg

a few bonus pics, these are the nl+ppp crosses that have been budding about 55 days. they are on ripen mixture at 2/3 with 1/2 strength seaweed. I will be adding KoolBloom in the next nute mix (this weekend).

nl_ppp1.jpg

closeup shots
nl_ppp_closeup2.jpg

nl_ppp_closeup2.jpg

nl_ppp_closeup3.jpg

Hope you all enjoy them and keep smiling...

Back
Top Bottom