Producing Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

I like to wait until I see the seeds wanting to start falling out of the pods, or the very short period before when the pods crack open. This will give you almost 100% viablility and maturity.
GT

:love::love::love::love::love:GT:love::love::love::love::love:

:thanks: honey! That is what was happening with the first one, so I guess I did it right! The two were pollinated the same day, but since only one was at this point, it's the only one I harvested.

Thanks for posting

:welcome:NCDude! :high-five: You are welcome. Thanks for stopping in!

This is going to be a great thread thanks Granny! I have a clone only strain that this would be perfect for.

:thanks: and :welcome: R2MNot! :high-five: I *HOPE* the future will find this thread to be helpful to many others. I did have success with the first experimental auto-flowering plant I did (fem seeds appear to be growing in the female I pollinated as shown below), but it will still be another month or so before those seeds are harvested.

11-01-11_1stFemSeedsForming.jpg

Following along, never tried CS.

:welcome: OG13! :high-five:

I've only used it on one plant prior to this - and the seeds forming in the above pic are the results of that novice attempt... so it just must not be that hard! I'm here to prove that with a journal from start to finish! LOL!!! I just found auto-flowering fem seeds to be SOOO expensive for a plant that cannot even be cloned and doesn't grow very large!

love this topic i love playing with breeding and i make my own cs for health purposes (works wonders on burns ,cuts,and other stuff) i have been planing on trying what your doing here so this is perfect! im subbed,rep'd and buckled in:adore:

:welcome: bigirishdoode! :high-five:

I saw that a lot of ppl made their own CS for health AND for femming plants. I also saw a lot of ppl didn't pay attention to instructions and had troubles doing it (didn't use distilled water, and/or didn't use pure silver). If you make your own - you are way ahead of us! And maybe you can help others understand the health uses of CS when there are questions - I sure don't mind anyone jumping in at any time!

This should be fun!

:peace:

:welcome: Aberration! :high-five:

I hope so!!!! Good to see other's have interest too! :thanks: for tuning in!

:circle-of-love:LUVIES TO ALL!!!:circle-of-love:

Ill be back with updates...

Adding another twist to the journal...

Two days ago I also began another plant to experiment with using colloidal spray on the bottom 3 nodes growth, while leaving the top 3 node's growth to flower - and self-pollinating this plant in the end. This was the largest plant of my group of auto-flowering strains, an auto-flowering Himalayan Blue Diesel (feminized).

Here is a pic of her...
10-31-11_AutoBHDDay26_CSDay2.jpg

She was on day 25 of growth when I sprayed her the first day. Also... I sprayed ALL nodes the first day and then changed my mind about how to do this plant, so I will not/have not sprayed the top of this plant with CS since then.

Today - here is a pic of the pre-flowers located at the top levels of this plant...
11-01-11_AutoHimBlueDieselCSSprayDay3_PreflowersNotTreated.jpg

Below is a pic that shows the wire tab I have wrapped around the center stem of this plant - showing the divide between the top and bottom nodes of this plant. The bottom growth is all being sprayed once daily with CS, while I am leaving the top to grow female part to *hopefully* pollinate with the fem pollen from the bottom.

10-31-11_AutoBHDDay26_CS-50-50-Day2_CloseupDivide.jpg

This plant was the fastest growing and most filled out plant of all the auto-flowering strains I started. She has a sister that is equal to the other's started at the same time. Since it was a fine growing plant, I thought trying to self-pollinate it would be worth a try. All seeds would have only the genes of this plant.

We'll see how that goes too!

How are all of you at "Finding Waldo"? This next pic shows the auto CS victims (5) that I have started spraying in with the 13 (non-auto) flowering girls I have going (day 10 of flowering and buds starting)... can you find the auto CS victims??? LOL!
10-31-11_FlowerGirlsDay10.jpg

In the above group of non-autos are: 2 Aurora Indica, 2 Vanilla Kush, 2 Ladyburn, 2 Mataro Blue, 3 Red Dragon, 1 Pineapple Chunk, and 1 Violator Kush. The clones of most of these are among the non-auto victims I will also be using for CS experimentation in this journal. I would really like to be able to grow these strains again in the future without having to buy seeds!!!

Below is the veg room with the non-auto clones still working on preparing for this experiment (had a spider mite problem that set them back - but they are now doing well!), as well as some clones more recently cloned. The pic also includes the female auto-flowering strains that I will use to pollinate. And I guess it has a Train Wreck clone that is in early veg that I will be cloning when it is bigger, and then flowering.

10-31-11_Veg-GirlsInWaiting.jpg

And that teeny tiny sprout in the middle is the auto-flowering Kush that the seed came up upside down. The root started to die outside the soil and the top was slightly under the soil. I gently removed it and placed it the correct direction. It was beginning to grow it's second set of leaves... and then I see I overwatered it! UGH! So it is pretty yellow and definitely set back. It will take me a bit to baby this one back to health... so pollination for the auto Kush will be much later than the rest and I'll have to freeze the fem pollen until it is ready. If it doesn't make it, I'll just buy another seed if I want this as a pure strain - or I'll maybe cross it with auto Cream Caramel for a Caramel Kush mix.

Okay... rambled enough for today! I'm going to go pop a few of my first male/female pollination (regular seeds) of auto Blue Himalaya. These will get to grow out for bud!!!

:circle-of-love:LUVIES TO ALL!!!:circle-of-love:

UPDATE

This is day 7 for the first 3 girls I began spraying so I thought I should update with picture comparisons from day 1 to day 7. This will show growth changes. I am spraying ALL plants ONCE daily with the Colloidal Silver I pictured initially.

Here was the Auto Widow Ryder DAY 1:
CSDay1AutoWR_22DayFromSeed.jpg

And now on DAY 7:
11-01-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay7.jpg

and inner growth closer...
11-01-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay7_InnerGrowth.jpg

Next...
Here was the Auto Blueberry on DAY 1:
CSDay1AutoBB_22DayFromSeed.jpg

And now on DAY 7:
11-01-11_AutoBlueberryCSSprayDay7.jpg

and the auto Blueberry's inner growth...
11-01-11_AutoBlueberryCSSprayDay7_InnerGrowth.jpg

Next...
Here was the Auto Cream Caramel DAY 1:
CSDay1AutoCC_22DayFromSeed.jpg

and now on DAY 7:
11-01-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay7.jpg

and the auto Cream Caramel's inner growth...
11-01-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay7_InnerGrowth.jpg

NOTE PRE-FLOWER CHANGES BELOW

This first image below is of the auto cream caramel on DAY 7 of being sprayed. You can see the pre-flower hairs have died. The colloidal silver will do this to all new female flower hairs that begin on the plant.
11-01-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay7_PreflowersTreated.jpg

The next picture is of the pre-flower hairs (on top part of plant) on the latest gal in our experiment - the one I'm trying to self by doing all on the same plant. The top being left alone to flower (for pollination) and the lower half of the plant being treated with CS. This auto himilayan blue diesel on it's third day of CS spray treatment. You can see the hairs in the flower are white (live)...
11-01-11_AutoHimBlueDieselCSSprayDay3_PreflowersNotTreated.jpg

CHANGES FROM MY FIRST EXPERIMENT

The first auto-flowering plant I experimented on (BEFORE THIS JOURNAL) was to the point of making pre-flowers BEFORE I began treating it with CS. When I saw those (finally knew sex) I began CS treatment and it spit out flower buds everywhere within the first couple days. It definitely wanted to remain female.

Because of the high amount of buds that original plant was creating in the first few days, I began using the CS three times daily for a few days and then two times daily for another week (give or take) until it stopped spitting out so many female buds. Then I returned to once daily. It took 3 weeks total treatment time before I could see the female pollen sacs.

It took another 3 to 4 weeks to collect the pollen. This plant did not have any real growth from the time I began CS treatment. It was very stunted.

These plants do not seem to be stunted in growth - this has to be due to once daily spray instead of 2/3 times daily. These plants have added inner growth and a bit of height - something the original one did not do.

I am watching all closely to see what new growth begins. These being auto-flowering makes this a bit more challenging I think because they flower so quickly. I hope by starting these a bit before they began flowering will make turning them easier this time.

Gees I hope this made sense! Auto-flowering plants have to be the hardest to use this CS process on - I am so looking forward to beginning on regular (non-auto) strains in the near future cuz they should be easier!

:circle-of-love:LUVIES TO ALL!:circle-of-love:

Hey granny...got my bio silver on the way...I will be following you close...so dont screw up LOL!

:) OMG - PRESSURE!!! EEK!!!! :rofl:

:love::love::love::love::love:R2MNot:love::love::love::love::love:

So I'm gonna have company!!! YES!! Seriously, I wouldn't have even started this journal if I hadn't had a trial run with one auto plant. If I didn't screw that one up, it must be hard to screw up!!!

hmm i been thinking,,, perhaps i should do a small tutorial on how to make cs and how to make the device that makes cs as well what do you think granny420? and would u want me to post it here?:peace:

:love::love::love::love::love:bigirishdoode:love::love::love::love::love:

Hi Honey! I think I saw a tutorial on this when I was researching... but I don't recall if it had details about the device that makes it? Even if some info IS there - it sure doesn't hurt to have another reference and a different point of view, especially when you are confident in your knowledge and are willing to share it! :thumb:

As for where to post it... please leave some info and a link to it here (and in your signature) cuz others visiting here may be very interested (and feel free to answer any questions posed here too cuz it sounds like you have a wealth of CS knowledge!), but it might be better to list it as it's own listing with a good title (for those like me that search titles only). As it's own listing, everyone interested would be able to easily find it in a search - and when others have questions, you could easily answer them. I listed my colloidal silver article in the Seeds, Clones & Strains Germination & Propagation area of the 420 Grow Room because it had to do with seed propagation. Would this be a good place for yours too?

what is the ratio of the 50ppm c.s. to distilled water. how much p/g or per spray bottle?

:welcome:lil stinker!:high-five:

PPM stands for parts per million... so I believe there are 50 coilloidal silver parts per million (of any weight reference) in distilled water. My expertise on colloidal spray is NONE... I only know what my research advised to use and I purchased it in the recommended amount, so I simply pour and spray.

Possibly bigirishdoode has a more detailed answer for you? He makes his own and... if you hang around for just a bit, he may just have a detailed article for you to reference!

How bout it irish??? I have no problem with you jumpin' on in to answer anyone's questions here!!! Sounds like we really need a colloidal spray article too!! Please??? Pretty please? Is it done yet??? :rofl:

FIRST NON-AUTO PLANTS BEGIN COLLOIDAL SILVER DAILY SPRAY

Today I started the first of the non-auto plants in my experiment. These are very small clones that have been in lights of 20/4 and then 18/6. I want to make the point that it does NOT take a very large plant to use to create female pollen, thus, it takes very little space in the grow room.

I also have small plants (clones or from seed) of each strain I am doing here for the female counterpart - the female that will be used to pollinate and then grown for the seed. All, or almost all, will be pure strain seeds.

The strains I am adding today are Pineapple Chunk and Ladyburn 1974. Funny that these two are the first ready for CS treatment! Funny because of this picture of one end of my grow this last year about a month before harvest...

In this picture, I circled the shortest pineapple chunk plant with a gray highlight. What you can't really see well at all, is the Ladyburn 1974 that was located behind (towards the corn) the PC. I inserted the 5gal bucket so you could estimate the size a bit more accurately...
OutsideGirls.jpg

On the right side of the gray highlight, you can just see the top of the Ladyburn - that was about all I got from her... except clones! The front row of girls were massive... and the back row didn't stand a chance!!!

Ok... back on subject here...

PINEAPPLE CHUNK
This is the Pineapple Chunk I began spraying today and moved from the veg room to 12/12...
11-02-11_PineappleChunkCSSprayDay1.jpg

I am probably going to lop off that bottom branch before the next pic on this one.

Here, it is showing the beginnings of pre-flowers...
11-02-11_PineappleChunkCloneCSSprayDay1_PreflowersJustStarting.jpg

LADYBURN 1978
Here is the Ladyburn CS treatment began today along with 12/12...
11-02-11_Ladyburn1974CSSprayDay1.jpg

and the beginning of pre-flowers on her...
11-02-11_Ladyburn1974CSSprayDay1_PreflowersJustStarting.jpg

That's it for today!

my question to you is the cs comes in 8oz. and 16 oz. size bottles do you mix like 1/4 tsp. per gallon or 1tsp. per gallon of water, that is the ratio i ment. i understand the ppm and all that stuff, but how much do you mix in water or do you put it straight on without dilluting it first? thanx for the reply in advance

my question to you is the cs comes in 8oz. and 16 oz. size bottles do you mix like 1/4 tsp. per gallon or 1tsp. per gallon of water, that is the ratio i ment. i understand the ppm and all that stuff, but how much do you mix in water or do you put it straight on without dilluting it first? thanx for the reply in advance

:love::love::love::love::love:lil stinker 420:love::love::love::love::love:

I'm sorry - I'm old and didn't understand! EEK! LOL... I CAN answer you!

For what I purchase - I do NO diluting. I simply pour it into a spray bottle and use it. It is already mixed at 50ppm, which is the ratio I want. I bought 16oz bottles because I have a lot of plants I want to turn.

I would say approximately 8oz would do one plant if it is being sprayed just once daily. I used about 5/8 of a 16oz bottle on the first plant I did, but I sprayed more often and extra long (for 22 days due to auto plant already started in flower when I began). That plant looked pretty sad by the time I was done with it (but I got female pollen!) - these in this experiment look much better due to only spraying once daily.

I know I read things about making sure the CS is made of pure silver and is made of small enough particles in the solution, so I know there are differences in the CS solution. That is why I pictured exactly what I bought/used along with a link and info on where to buy it - it worked for me so I knew I could recommend that specific solution.

Hope this helped, honey! But if ya have any more questions, please ask! So good to see you again!

UPDATE: FINAL TALLY ON THE PLANTS TO BE USED IN THIS JOURNAL

In the beginning (and again corrected later), I gave a list of plants I was going to be doing. But since there are already numerous plants for examples, and they include auto flowering, regular strains, and doing it all with only one plant (auto flowering)... I think that is enough!!! I will be creating seeds on the other strains I have going, but that would make this journal go on indefinitely and I want to do justice in pictures for the strains I am doing.

I am adding one last plant today - another one I will attempt to create seeds all from one single plant. It is an auto flowering Mazar. I have only one female plant... so if I screw up, I have none of this strain. However, I think it would be good to attempt to self two plants rather than one in this journal and I want seeds of this strain if I can get them. The auto Mazar I grew outside was a large plant for an auto-flowering strain and it was powerfully awesome smoke, saturated with crystals.

So... first I will add pics of this last strain being used in this journal, and then I will update the FINAL LIST of what strains will be completed in this journal.

This is the only auto Mazar I have. I am going to use CS to spray the lower section of her in order to create female pollen sacs, while leaving the top section UNsprayed (untreated). This plant is on day 29 from seed, this is day 1 of CS treatment (bottom only), and it is being put in 12/12 lighting.
11-03-11_AutoMazarDay29FromSeed_50-50CSSprayDay1.jpg

And a closer pic of the dividing point (the white tab wrapped around the stem) on this plant. Above the tab will remain female (no spray), below the tab will be sprayed with CS to create female pollen sacs. One plant will be used to create pollen, and then be pollinated to create seeds...
11-03-11_AutoMazarDay29FromSeed_50-50CSSprayDay1_SprayAreas.jpg

NOTE THE CIRCLES
I wanted to make sure everyone understood all areas to spray as the plants growth goes outward. All new growth areas need to be sprayed. I include the node areas where preflowers and all new growth areas. The only parts I don't spray (purposely anyway!) is the fan leaves.
#1 shows the areas where preflowers will form. The new growth in that area has grown out from the plant...
#2 is that growth. All new growth at the top and all nodes leading back down to the plant..
As shown in #3 on a branch that has already grown out enough to have potential growth (and preflowers) starting at those nodes where the fan leaves meet the stem.
The only part I don't spray is the fan leaves. I guess with the exception of the top of the plant on this one cuz I want flowers to pollinate.

Which brings me to...

THE COMPLETE & FINAL LIST

Auto-Flowering Strains
These I have a female (seeded 10/5) in waiting to use to pollinate...
Widow Ryder
Cream Caramel
Blueberry
Kush
(if female doesn't survive, may cross with cream caramel)
The last two auto strains, I am using a single plant to create seeds, spraying lower half only...
Himalayan Blue Diesel
Mazar

Regular (NON-auto) Strains

These I have a female (young sister clone) in waiting to use to pollinate...
Pineapple Chunk
Ladyburn 1974

I will be doing more strains... but don't feel I need to document more than what I have listed above. So that's it for this journal's final tally of strains!!!

In the next few weeks, we should be seeing female pollen sacs. I will do my best to get good pics - but keep in mind they will be macro pics (extreme enlargements). You will need a good magnifying glass to see those changes on your own plants. I used a 20x jeweler's loupe to examine mine every day before I sprayed.

:love::love::love::love::love:LUVIES TO ALL!:love::love::love::love::love:

I don't understand how you can have only part of a plant be male, and the rest female. Wouldn't the hormonal change take place throughout the plant, one way or the other? how could it run male hormones to half the nodes, and female hormones to the rest? Either way, This is a really interesting thread, and you seem to have growing those babies really dialed in! Nice outdoor shots, too!

I don't understand how you can have only part of a plant be male, and the rest female. Wouldn't the hormonal change take place throughout the plant, one way or the other? how could it run male hormones to half the nodes, and female hormones to the rest? Either way, This is a really interesting thread, and you seem to have growing those babies really dialed in! Nice outdoor shots, too!

its not quite male...
its shemale.... and it is possible with the CS method if i'm not mistaking ..

Gran-gran, you are the awesomest gran EVER!!!
Peace and God bless.
GT

:love::love::love::love::love:GT:love::love::love::love::love:

:thanks: Honey!

But... What if it all goes bonkers and doesn't work??? :rofl:

Will I still be awesome? :)

:welcome: SauronBlue :high-five:

:thanks: So much for your nice comments, honey.

As for having one part male and the rest female, that is not true from what I understand. The plant does NOT turn male at all. The CS simply blocks the treated part from producing ethylene which it needs to make flowers, which forces it to create "female pollen sacs" in that area instead. There are never any "male" chromosomes or male parts... at least that is what I understand. (which is only enough to do the procedure and not enough to know exact details!!!)

I had read that you could do just one branch of a plant, so that led to to believe it does not go systemic (spread throughout the entire plant). Thus, the untreated parts should still be able to produce flowers.

In my first experimental plant, I didn't think the female pollen sacs opened and shed pollen quite the same as a regular male pollen sac. Regular males open when ready and shed pollen very easily. With the one I did, the female pollen sacs did NOT want to open and shed the same... the sacs started yellowing and dying on the plant without opening to shed. I ended up removing the sacs and opening them up to get the pollen (how to do was described in the CS procedure information I researched). I did not think each sac had as much pollen as a regular male either - but it doesn't matter cuz it just doesn't take much at all to make a ton of seeds.

I guess to me, it doesn't matter how it works as long as it works! :cheesygrinsmiley: And I don't know if it will or not... YET! I *think* it will but I guess we'll find out together, eh?

Back
Top Bottom