Producing Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

thanx granny for the tutorial and response plus im sending you some reps.

:love::love::love::love::love:lil stinker 420:love::love::love::love::love:

:thanks: Honey! Once I understood the question, I made a lot more sense with a response! Old age... have a lot of repeat clients at work and do you think I could remember their names??? NO!@@@!!!!!!! I see them 1 to 3 times a week for a couple months straight... and still can't remember their names! EEK!!!

Ahhh... and all of you are following ME down this journey???? :rofl:

Veryyyy Intresting. I will sure be looking back Granny, I wish ya the best of luck with this. Maybe I'll try it after I watch. Great Job and should be packed with infomation. Keepem Green Gal

oh sheesh granny420 i wasnt expecting such a quick and strong response ! lol:rofl::partyboy:
ok *thinking yikes pressure is on* i have been off and busy in the real world :loopy: paying bills and so forth ,(gotta keep those lights on!)
I have some more errands to run today, or i would get started on the article right now with purdy pictures and all! of course! so i will put it together later today/tonight and be back here with the link and i think i will post it where you suggested and the go drop the link around on a few different threads here on :420:
i dont consider myself an expert on cs or anything for that matter just an avid knowledge collector,,besides who wants to be an "ex-spurt" anyway ? lol an "ex" is a has been and a "spurt " is a "drip under pressure" rotflmao!!! :rofl::rofl::yahoo:
but i do use it (not on plants yet, but thanks to you g420 thats gonna change soon i think) and have been using it for at least 15 years, and making it for 10 yrs or so, with some pretty compelling results, so um yeah i'll save it for the article lol,, i think it's time for an update to my "gj" also so we can guess what i'll be up to later tonight! ok well im off to deal with hella mega wind *we are under a severe wind advisory* i hope it does not blow my house over (its a doublewide manufactured box home) or blow my lil' truck off the road!! its gusting up to 70 mph so far, and making my house shake,windows rattling, and theres so much dust blowing that the sun is dimmed, cant see the mountains, i can hear it hitting the windows to!! yikes! its kinda scary! *checks insurance policy for wind damage*:thedoubletake::bitingnails:
ok well wish me luck!! c u later... i hope lol

Veryyyy Intresting. I will sure be looking back Granny, I wish ya the best of luck with this. Maybe I'll try it after I watch. Great Job and should be packed with infomation. Keepem Green Gal

:love::love::love::love::love:Norcali!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

Hi honey!!!!! It's been awhile since I visited with you! (my fault!) sure do hope yer doin' wonderful! I just saw ya in OMM's area, so I know ya ARE doin' fine!!!

AND... I know ya had a birthday on the 30th!!!...
:green_heart: :happy-birthday: :theband: :tommy:

Happy Birthday To YOU,
Happy Birthday To YOU,
Happy Birthday Norcaliwood,
Happy Birthday To YOU!

[Encore...] AND MANY MORE!!!
:cheer::partyboy::party::yahoo::clap::slide::allgood:

SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN, DEAR FRIEND!!!

:love::love::love::love::love:LUVIES HONEY!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

oh sheesh granny420 i wasnt expecting such a quick and strong response ! lol:rofl::partyboy:
ok *thinking yikes pressure is on* i have been off and busy in the real world :loopy: paying bills and so forth ,(gotta keep those lights on!)
I have some more errands to run today, or i would get started on the article right now with purdy pictures and all! of course! so i will put it together later today/tonight and be back here with the link and i think i will post it where you suggested and the go drop the link around on a few different threads here on :420:
i dont consider myself an expert on cs or anything for that matter just an avid knowledge collector,,besides who wants to be an "ex-spurt" anyway ? lol an "ex" is a has been and a "spurt " is a "drip under pressure" rotflmao!!! :rofl::rofl::yahoo:
but i do use it (not on plants yet, but thanks to you g420 thats gonna change soon i think) and have been using it for at least 15 years, and making it for 10 yrs or so, with some pretty compelling results, so um yeah i'll save it for the article lol,, i think it's time for an update to my "gj" also so we can guess what i'll be up to later tonight! ok well im off to deal with hella mega wind *we are under a severe wind advisory* i hope it does not blow my house over (its a doublewide manufactured box home) or blow my lil' truck off the road!! its gusting up to 70 mph so far, and making my house shake,windows rattling, and theres so much dust blowing that the sun is dimmed, cant see the mountains, i can hear it hitting the windows to!! yikes! its kinda scary! *checks insurance policy for wind damage*:thedoubletake::bitingnails:
ok well wish me luck!! c u later... i hope lol

:love::love::love::love::love:Irish:love::love::love::love::love:

Hey Irish! Whatcha doin' in here when yer about to be blown away??? AND, when you have an article to git to us!!! I'm lookin' forward to readin' the info and know many here (420magazine) in the future will appreciate your input. GIT R DONE!!! :rofl:

Seriously tho, I do hope you and yours stay safe with the storm. Best hunker down and watch yer girls don't git blown away!

If I see someone flyin' by here hangin' onto a nice lookin' mj plant as a parachute, I'll wave and holler... "HI IRISH!!!" and if you can get stopped, drop on in and let's share a toke or two... or many more!!! :passitleft:

:welcome: SauronBlue :high-five:

:thanks: So much for your nice comments, honey.

As for having one part male and the rest female, that is not true from what I understand. The plant does NOT turn male at all. The CS simply blocks the treated part from producing ethylene which it needs to make flowers, which forces it to create "female pollen sacs" in that area instead. There are never any "male" chromosomes or male parts... at least that is what I understand. (which is only enough to do the procedure and not enough to know exact details!!!)

I had read that you could do just one branch of a plant, so that led to to believe it does not go systemic (spread throughout the entire plant). Thus, the untreated parts should still be able to produce flowers.

In my first experimental plant, I didn't think the female pollen sacs opened and shed pollen quite the same as a regular male pollen sac. Regular males open when ready and shed pollen very easily. With the one I did, the female pollen sacs did NOT want to open and shed the same... the sacs started yellowing and dying on the plant without opening to shed. I ended up removing the sacs and opening them up to get the pollen (how to do was described in the CS procedure information I researched). I did not think each sac had as much pollen as a regular male either - but it doesn't matter cuz it just doesn't take much at all to make a ton of seeds.

I guess to me, it doesn't matter how it works as long as it works! :cheesygrinsmiley: And I don't know if it will or not... YET! I *think* it will but I guess we'll find out together, eh?

Like you, I don't always need to know how(but damn if it don't still like to), as long as it works, I'm just continually amazed at things that these plants can do, like growing 2 protrusions wherever you lop off one, or turning male from lighting changes, or just general stress. To hear that one sexual organism can be both male and female at the same time? WTF?? What about the inbreeding issue? If animals even get as close as siblings mating, there are horrible deformations, does this type of genetic inbreeding sickness not affect plants? Can you imagine the aberration that would be created if we ever injected a woman's DNA into a sperm cell and fertilized her with it?
Either way, I'm in for the ride, and wish you the best of luck!

Here, it is showing the beginnings of pre-flowers...
11-02-11_PineappleChunkCloneCSSprayDay1_PreflowersJustStarting.jpg

and the beginning of pre-flowers on her...
11-02-11_Ladyburn1974CSSprayDay1_PreflowersJustStarting.jpg

I know this is proving my noobness, but could you point out the pre-flowers that you say are in these pics? I don't see anything, and I'd like to learn how to spot them. I'm looking for a couple pistils sticking out, but those pics just look like normal leaf growth to me(that's how little I know still). I'm nowhere near being able to understand all this, but I'd love to experiment with cs, and be able to produce my own seeds without having to deal with mixed seeds, and unwanted male plants. Have you also got much experience with making regular seeds? I'm wondering if there are any drawbacks to using fem pollen, but this is exactly what the banks do to get feminized seeds, right? Still, some growers seem to swear by non-fem seeds. Learning a lot here, and also because of the thought paths this thread has sparked!

I know this is proving my noobness, but could you point out the pre-flowers that you say are in these pics? I don't see anything, and I'd like to learn how to spot them. I'm looking for a couple pistils sticking out, but those pics just look like normal leaf growth to me(that's how little I know still). I'm nowhere near being able to understand all this, but I'd love to experiment with cs, and be able to produce my own seeds without having to deal with mixed seeds, and unwanted male plants. Have you also got much experience with making regular seeds? I'm wondering if there are any drawbacks to using fem pollen, but this is exactly what the banks do to get feminized seeds, right? Still, some growers seem to swear by non-fem seeds. Learning a lot here, and also because of the thought paths this thread has sparked!

:love::love::love::love::love:SauronBlue:love::love::love::love::love:

Hey Honey! :high-five:

First, 420magazine is an EXCELLENT RESOURCE for you! So you have definitely come to the right place - pretty SMART for a NOOB!!:thumb:

Remember you can search the grow room area any time you are looking for specific help. I went in there and did an advanced search for "sex" in the TITLE (had to choose title only)... and came across this message:
How do I determine a female sex plant from a male?
Which had this picture in it - maybe it will help...

crzycom1.jpeg

The pic above is a little different angle - and the preflower already has the pistils (hairs) shooting out of it - where as in my image, the hairs (pistils) have not sprouted out yet from the calyx. Each node on the stem will have the pointed leaf (marked as X on the above image). And they will shoot out a branch from the node, in the above pic the leaves are just starting for that branch that will grow. On mine that you listed, the branch is a different angle, but you can see the branch that grows out from the node on the main stem. The "y" marked on the above image is the preflower. In this plant, it is a female preflower.

If you follow the link above, the article is brief and also shows a male pre-flower for comparison.

Here is another pic (from page 2 of this journal) which shows the preflowers much clearer that the pics you were looking at.
11-01-11_AutoHimBlueDieselCSSprayDay3_PreflowersNotTreated.jpg

Hope this helps (why we're all here!)!! Seeing pre-flowers does NOT mean the plant is flowering necessarily... These are signs the plant is preparing - but if still under 18/6 light cycle, the plant will NOT flower until the light is changed (unless it is an automatic strain - which flower regardless of the light cycle). However, seeing these and being able to identify them allows you to KNOW your plant is female or male.

Like you, I don't always need to know how(but damn if it don't still like to), as long as it works, I'm just continually amazed at things that these plants can do, like growing 2 protrusions wherever you lop off one, or turning male from lighting changes, or just general stress. To hear that one sexual organism can be both male and female at the same time? WTF?? What about the inbreeding issue? If animals even get as close as siblings mating, there are horrible deformations, does this type of genetic inbreeding sickness not affect plants? Can you imagine the aberration that would be created if we ever injected a woman's DNA into a sperm cell and fertilized her with it?
Either way, I'm in for the ride, and wish you the best of luck!

I am super amazed also at these plants!

As for inbreeding... it kindda works in two different ways and gets way beyond what I need to know. When starting new strains and stabilizing them - there HAS to be inbreeding to get true strains.... however, when inbred for more and more generations (F4 to F5 and on), the plants do become weaker and breeders will often breed back to the main strains that created them to strengthen them again. BUT - I am in no way a breeding expert and won't be getting into the depths of breeding here. Heck - I'm not ANY type of expert on mj! LOL!

So that let's you know that you don't have to have a lot of knowledge to grow decent medicine!!! The thing that happens more often than anything... is OVER LOVING THEM! We want so bad to do it all right... that we end up over doing and causing them stress! So my best advice is KEEP IT SIMPLE.

When I first came to 420magazine in 2009, I had only one experience of growing in prior years - had a bunch of huge beauties outside and then the grasshoppers got to them just when they began flowering... and then I treated them and injured them (set them back) and then they didn't have time to finish before freezing temps arrived. It was decades ago and not even from good seed. In the end, I got a bunch of not-even-good leaf. LOL!

When I decided to grow some in 2009, I too came to 420magazine as a newbie. There is a WEALTH of info AND SUPPORT in here! At first, I thought I had to adjust the CO2... and have my temps perfect... etc... etc... What I have come to learn is that MJ is a VERY hardy plant that can take a lot of stress and still come back to give you love in the end!

I almost killed many of my first plants when starting in 2009. If you visit THIS LINK (one post with lots of images) of mine, you will see lots of Super Nova Chronic pics including the beginning images (sad girls) of when I almost killed the seedlings (over watered and really hurt them) and then the returns in the end after having to spend a lot more time babying them back to health before I could really begin with them. Below, I'll post just one image of a leaf from that link and maybe entice you into visiting it... :)
Dec23_SN10_TrichsOnLeaf_Day65HarvestedNextDay.jpg

It's one of my favorite "leaf" images.

If I could do something that wonderful... SO CAN YOU!! SO HERE'S TO YOUR SUCCESS!!!!

ok im finally done with the CS tutorial :nomo::phew: heres the link its posted in seeds strains etc,,enjoy
DIY How to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Feminized Seed Production

:thanks: Irish!!!

:welldone:WONDERFUL ARTICLE!!!! AND QUICK TOO!!!!!! :bravo: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

You had mentioned something about using CS for burns... I do know that one of the best creams I ever used had Silvidine??? or something like that in it. A horse of ours gave me a rope burn that stripped my finger of all skin (real lucky I didn't lose my finger) and that cream worked wonders!!! I used it for a ton of injuries til it was all gone... and have never had it prescribed again... I may have to consider makin' some myself! Any tips, honey?

No more time today. Thought I had today off and was going to do updates here... but staff called in this morning and I had to open/work today. It's ok - traded Friday, so I'll be off that day instead. Today I spent what time I could visiting others (YOU were one!!!).

:circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
Hey Granny Girl !!!​
:circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

You still amaze me ! Is there anything you can't do? :high-five:

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

:love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love:OMM!!!:love::love::love::circle-of-love::love::love::love:

:adore:LOOK WHO'S TALKIN"!!!

I've been keepin' up with you and yours too... and that's a challenge in itself given how your journal grows leaps and bounds EVERY DAY! I swear there is nothing YOU can't do!! Ya even conquered quitting smoking!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!! :love:

UPDATE: AUTO BLUEBERRY, DAY 13

It's time for some updates for changes to note during CS treatment. Best to describe with images, which I will also add the beginning pics to each strain for growth comparison purposes.

Auto Blueberry: Day 1 Start Colloidal Spray Treatment (Day 22 from seed)
CSDay1AutoBB_22DayFromSeed.jpg

Auto Blueberry: Day 7 Colloidal Spray Treatment
11-01-11_AutoBlueberryCSSprayDay7.jpg

Auto Blueberry: Day 13 Colloidal Spray Treatment
11-09-11_AutoBlueberryCSSprayDay13.jpg

The next image shows hairs still sprouting and hairs that have died from CS treatment, as well as damage to the plant that goes along with this treatment. This plant is sprouting new hairs on a daily basis. I am still spraying once daily (not any more often).
11-09-11_AutoBlueberryCSSprayDay13_Closeup1.jpg

And just to show you a size difference, the auto BB female I will use to pollinate is included in the next image. When I began CS treatment on the left female, they WERE the same size. The female in waiting is still under 18/6, while the female being treated is under 12/12.
11-09-11_AutoBlueberryCSSprayDay13_WithMate.jpg

And here is a closeup of a newly forming bud on the NON-Treated BB...
11-09-11_AutoBlueberryMate_Closeup.jpg

The dark area is simply a shadow - there is no browned areas in this bud.

When you compare the closeups, you can see a difference. Any hairs sprouting out daily begin to die by the next day on the treated plant.

Another thing to note with this, and other strains, is the stunting of growth that takes place when the entire plant (except fan leaves) is sprayed.

Back with another...

UPDATE: AUTO CREAM CARAMEL, DAY 13

It's time for some updates for changes to note during CS treatment. Best to describe with images, which I will also add the beginning pics to each strain for growth comparison purposes.

Auto Cream Caramel: Day 1 Start Colloidal Spray Treatment (Day 22 from seed)
CSDay1AutoCC_22DayFromSeed.jpg

Auto Cream Caramel: Day 7 Colloidal Spray Treatment
11-01-11_AutoCream_CaramelCSSprayDay7.jpg

Auto Cream Caramel: Day 13 Colloidal Spray Treatment
11-09-11_AutoCreamCaramelCSSprayDay13.jpg

The next image shows hairs still sprouting and hairs that have died from CS treatment, as well as damage to the plant that goes along with this treatment. This plant is sprouting new hairs on a daily basis. I am still spraying once daily (not any more often).
11-09-11_AutoCreamCaramelCSSprayDay13_Closeup1.jpg

And just to show you a size difference, the auto CC female I will use to pollinate is included in the next image. When I began CS treatment on the left female, they WERE the same size. The female in waiting is still under 18/6, while the female being treated is under 12/12.
11-09-11_AutoCreamCaramelCSSprayDay13_WithMate.jpg

And here is a closeup of a newly forming bud on the NON-Treated CC...
11-09-11_AutoCreamCaramelMate_Closeup.jpg

When you compare the closeups, you can see a difference. Any hairs sprouting out daily begin to die by the next day on the treated plant.

Another thing to note with this, and other strains, is the stunting of growth that takes place when the entire plant (except fan leaves) is sprayed.

Back with another...

So that let's you know that you don't have to have a lot of knowledge to grow decent medicine!!! The thing that happens more often than anything... is OVER LOVING THEM! We want so bad to do it all right... that we end up over doing and causing them stress! So my best advice is KEEP IT SIMPLE.

I really appreciate your helpful explanation of sexing(not to be confused with sexting), I'll have to look into it more, because all of those growths looked the same to me.
On another note; I really don't understand this phrase when people use it. It's easy to say "keep it simple" when you have your setup dialed in, and know what issues to respond to quickly, and what will resolve itself, but that only comes with experience. Without being attentive to every problem, and getting advice when needed, how do we know WHEN to keep it simple? If you really believe in keeping it simple, then I'd take that as; throw some bag seed in a pot filled with yard soil, water with plain tap water using only whatever sunlight is available. If this is not your definition of simple, then it becomes a more complicated issue of what is simple, and what is complicated; is a 2-part chemical nutrient program not simple enough? what if I use only 2 additives as well? what if I use a whole system of nutes and additives? Are CFL's simple, and HID's complicated? Where is the line drawn? I hope I'm not coming off as a smart-@$$, just trying to get thought going on what we're really saying(like when you go to a store, and they say "thanks for your purchase", and we shoot back a knee-jerk "you too".). If you weren't "over-loving" your plants by constantly checking on their status, you might not have noticed the over-watering, and if you weren't as proactive in finding a solution (over-watering often looks like other problems to the inexperienced, I've heard), you might have lost everything - So I take the same situation, and say congrats for NOT keeping it simple and easy!

UPDATE: AUTO WIDOW RYDER, DAY 13

Auto Widow Ryder: Day 1 Start Colloidal Spray Treatment (Day 22 from seed)
CSDay1AutoWR_22DayFromSeed.jpg

Auto Widow Ryder: Day 7 Colloidal Spray Treatment
11-01-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay7.jpg

Before adding the next pic, I need to add the changes...
THIS PLANT WAS SPRAYED IN FULL FOR 8 DAYS, THEN I STOPPED SPRAYING THE TOP. You will see the dividing point in the next pic.

The reason I stopped spraying the top is because I wasn't seeing any pre-flowers and went back to read the info on this plant. It said it begins autoflowering based upon how many nodes of growth it has - not by a time frame. The information for this plant says "Widow Ryder seeds produce plants that will start to flower when 6 to 9 sets of adult leaves have formed (normally between 6-8 weeks in good growing conditions)."

So, since the plant is just at it's 6th to 7th node of growth (at the top) and no pre-flowers have been seen... I added this plant to the plants that I am NOT spraying the top on (and I am spraying the bottom every other day until I see pre-flower or growth changes). My thoughts are that the top will continue to grow easier if not sprayed and that may lead me into flower sooner. If I get tops on this plant, I will pollinate this one instead of the female I have in waiting. If not, I still have the female in waiting (with NO pre-flowers yet either).

Auto Widow Ryder: Day 13 Colloidal Spray Treatment
11-09-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay13.jpg

The next image shows the TOP of the plant.
11-09-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay13_TopNotSprayedAfterDay8.jpg

And the next is growth on the plant - no hairs or pre-flowers anywhere to be seen yet on this plant.
11-09-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay13_BottomSprayed.jpg

And just to show you a size difference, the auto WR female I MIGHT use to pollinate is included in the next image. When I began CS treatment on the left female, they WERE the same size. The female in waiting is still under 18/6, while the female being treated is under 12/12.
11-09-11_AutoWidowRyderCSSprayDay13_WithMateIfNeeded.jpg

That's it for this one!

Going to do this myself. A few questions though. I have this awesome plant I want to make fem seeds from. Will the seeds made by using CS create plants exactly like the original plant like clones are? Could I do a grow using seeds and expect little variation among the plants? I think I will do two clones and do the partial plant experiment on one to polinate both clones. Should I start spraying as soon as I see preflowers, say around day 7-10 of 12/12? This plant is a non auto flower with an A grade in all aspects and I would like to save her in seed form before the clones "run out" of vigor. Plant has been cloned for generations over 3 years.

UPDATE: AUTO KUSH, DAY 12

Auto Kush: Day 1 Start Colloidal Spray Treatment (Day 23 from seed)
CSDay1AutoK_23DayFromSeed1.jpg

The date is wrong on the above pic - I put 9/5 when it was really 10/5. I corrected most, but looks like this marker wasn't changed.

Auto Kush: Day 12 Colloidal Spray Treatment
11-09-11_AutoKushCSSprayDay12Bottom_Top8DayStopped.jpg

NOTE CHANGES:
You can see this plant is also divided now. I sprayed the entire plant for 8 days and then divided it and began spraying below the divider only.

The REASON: On this one, I don't know if the struggling seedling I have to mate it with will survive. If it doesn't, I thought... well, it wouldn't hurt to see if I could do it all on this plant also... but I don't know if that will be or not (see below)!

Here is a pic of growth on the lower portion of the plant after being sprayed 12 days...
11-09-11_AutoKushCSSprayDay12Bottom_Closeup.jpg

And here is a pic of growth on the upper portion of the plant. This was treated for 8 days and then I stopped spraying this part (4 days ago)...
11-09-11_AutoKushCSSprayDay12Bottom_Top8DayStopped_TopCloseup.jpg

You can see the top is healthier because it wasn't treated as much...

HOWEVER.... I MAY BE TOO LATE IN CHANGING...

In the next image, I see this is the first plant that may be changing at the pre-flower area... and wouldn't you know it is in the upper portion of this plant...
11-09-11_AutoKushCSSprayDay12Bottom_Top8DayStopped_TopPreAreaChange.jpg

To me, this looks like a male characteristic for pre-flowers. I had not seen female pre-flowers on this plant yet - this is the first thing to show for me and still very tiny (pic is hugely magnified). This is a plant from a feminized seed (as all seeds were). So, either I got a male plant seed instead of feminized... or the CS has actually begun to work on this plant in a more timely manner than the others (what I suspect).

The only reason I changed the CS treatment on this plant was to maybe get a flowering top to pollinate cuz I have no female Kush that I believe will survive anyway, but a cross with Caramel Cream sounds good to me if I need to! I'll let this plant decide for me in the end. I am going to continue NOT spraying the top (was sprayed for the first 8 days) and watch to see what happens! Hey - this is experimental and I may as well experiment more!

Now I have to go care for my girls. Staff called in yesterday and I had to go in and open/work... so I am a day behind on my bookkeeping AND my girls! I'll be back to update more today if time, otherwise tomorrow.

Take care everyone!

Back
Top Bottom