Rehabilitatora420 First Grow Journal

That’s not too big a deal, I’d leave it this time since you’re already set. You can still get three in there. Or if you think you need the space, do what you said. That’s actually an excellent and creative solution. The light level is more important. Don’t wanna burn them up out of the gate, lol. And lastly, you want to put your journal in your signature. Hit your own avatar up top, select signature, and paste in the link. Then whenever you comment anywhere people will see your name and your journal (see how all ours are?). It also makes it way easier to get here, lol.
lights are at max redomended distance at the moment 60sm will have the same distance when i set the pots. the fan fix will take no more then 5 min will do it before i set the pots :p

lights are at max redomended distance at the moment 60sm will have the same distance when i set the pots. the fan fix will take no more then 5 min will do it before i set the pots :p
The light companies do tend to get their recommended distances correct for the most part. Good. You’re all set up! Let’s start the show!

and btw Jon i made a test smoke of my first grow and i dare to say we did excellent job !
@rehabilitatora420 - And that, my friend, is the REAL bottom line. Lemme ask you this: how did it feel to you to smoke the very first weed you ever grew by yourself?

Thanks Shed, but all I did was make a suggestion or two. He did the work. And if he’s happy with his first grow, well, I bet you still remember yours. I sure do mine. Mine made me extremely happy. Bet yours did too.

and btw Jon i made a test smoke of my first grow and i dare to say we did excellent job !
Now wait to see how it changes and gets better as it cures! You don’t have a ton, so the longer you can stay off it the happier you will be. It will start to mature in flavor and in terpenes expression (smell and taste). It takes three weeks or so (a sort of average, kinda) before you’ll see a huge difference, that’s about the minimum in my mind before it’s really half ready to smoke. It will also get smoother. You’re in for a treat. Wish I could re-experience my first harvest again!

Hey @rehabilitatora420 - I have a Christmas training update for you. I figured it’s better to post here now. So since we last did anything we were just waiting on the two top shoots to grow out enough to stake horizontal. That’s taken a couple days and so here’s what I’ve done since the last one now that they’re long enough:

- staked the top two shoots

- propped UP the lower colas using skewers, so as to bring the lower colas up as close as possible to the newer and more upper shoots/branches - this is way easy and effective if you find the right anchor point like in the closeup.

- cut off the two cotyledons (the first one finger leaves at the very bottom) and the smaller of the first node branches. The larger one is propped up with the rest.
(No picture - you get it right?)

So here’s the result. Closeups of both sides:

But the overhead shot really tells the story:

See how we’re getting way closer to having ten colas to play with? Remember, the goal is for all ten to be at the same level. So remember to keep pulling the stakes upper branches wider as they grow out. Keep going wide with the top two sets of branches, and let the others grow upwards for now to catch up.

Hope that is clear? Lemme know if you have any questions… and enjoy your holidays!

Morning @rehabilitatora420 - I have a training update for you. I guess this Northern Lights is gonna be my model for you. Lol. Anyways, check this out:

Here’s the girl:

So this is one of the two very top little branches from the topping. Remember how I said it’s important to keep the tops going out as wide as possible? This one is ready to restake and make horizontal again. Just place the hook here and be gentle:

Now - you see we have our ring of colas started. It’s time for your first training decision. This is one I always have a hard time deciding, I’ll show you and you’ll have to decide for yourself. Here are two cola shots. The arrows point to a side branch. There will be a lowest pair of these on every cola, I showed you two here. You can now decide to keep them or cut them. I’m cutting them on every cola. Of the pair, one will be going up and one going down-ish. It’s the down one I’m talking about, marked with arrows here:

Here’s what those become if you DON’T cut them:

And here’s one of them connected to her mama. This is the decision. Is that little bud hanging off worth the half gram of yield? Or would the cola be a half gram fatter if I had chopped it? See what I mean?

I’m chopping them as I said. The ones facing up I keep. They will be buds for the middle. You can wait to decide which of them to keep or not…for now it was just these lowest shoots I was addressing. Okay?

Hey there @rehabilitatora420!!! Great to see you firing up a first grow journal!! Can't wait to see you grow some beautiful plants!! Hope you had a good holiday and a happy new year upcoming!! Nice to "meet" you!! 😎✌️

@rehabilitatora420 - I apologize in advance for yet another training update, but you wanted me to teach you this and we are in prime time for training now. With autos, things move faster by necessity. With a photo like you’re growing, you can relax the rush a bit since you have as much veg time as you choose. Also, I haven’t said this but I will now: this is only one way to train. There are tons. I am by no means saying it’s the best way. It’s just the easiest and most effective way I feel I can teach you, so you’ll have a good base for future training. Everything we do in this scenario are basic training skills you will use regardless of what method you choose. So if you want to veer off because you saw or spoke to someone else who trains differently, I don’t want you to feel bound to this. This works great, but so do others. Just so that’s said.

Anyway, today with the Northern Lights.

1. Here’s the girl from above, no arrows:

2. Here she is with arrows on the colas which are outgrowing the others. This is known as dominance. Of any pair of branches you ever have, one will always be more dominant than the other. That simply means it grows bigger and faster than the less dominant one. So as you form your ring, you’ll find that certain colas, like the ones I marked here, grow faster than the others. Remember, our goal is a flat top, or canopy. If you just let the dominant ones go, they’ll be taller than the rest of the canopy. We don’t want that. So what do you do? Easy! Just keep going wide with them. The ones I marked here I restaked this morning and took wider so as to keep them at the same level as the rest of the ring. See what I mean?

3. Watering. Remember I said that in veg, your whole point of watering is to build the roots? Well, in my experience, it’s sometimes easy to forget that. Or to be lazy. Or to say screw it, I’m just gonna dump the water in. Don’t let yourself do that! Continue to water to the outside. Continue to draw out the roots. As long as you’re in veg, water like this. If you want to occasionally pour some down the center that’s okay too, but very infrequently. My plant is getting big now, and I am still building roots. See how my middle is dry and the outer ring of medium is wet? Keep that up.

There you go my man. Hope that’s helpful. Happy Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom