Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Cant you grab them by the stem and shake them gently enough to get some of the extra water off. thats what i do to mine when i spray them with the hose by accident but I'm not that gentle i shake the hell out of them. seems to get a lot of extra water off.

I was just checking out Doc Bud's plant washing. You ever wash your buds after harvesting Les?

I never have done it, but I'm gonna try it out with a small plant and see how it goes.

Cant you grab them by the stem and shake them gently enough to get some of the extra water off. thats what i do to mine when i spray them with the hose by accident but I'm not that gentle i shake the hell out of them. seems to get a lot of extra water off.

Yup, that's about all you can do! Then Hope and Pray :Namaste::volcano-smiley:

I thought I might offer my 2 cents worth on bug and worm

problems, if you don't mind.

I read on a journal here that a rosemary tea is good for mites

so I decided to give it a go on my outdoor ladies. I went to a bulk food

store and purchased a bag of dried rosemary, made 1 gallon at a time. I dosed each

plant every 3-4 weeks with 1 pint mixed into a gallon of their regular nutes.

Out of five plants I have only found one tiny hole on 1 leaf, I have had absolutely

no bug or "worm" problems whatsoever :wood:

I've just fed, watered and fimmed them and that's all. For what it's worth

I had no black spot nor powdery mildew problems either.

I've been watching your grow with interest as 2 of my plants are KC-45s,

I am astounded at the number of buds on my big plant. I've kept it at 6 ft.

I am now wondering how it would have been had I just let it do its own thing

:ciao:

I bought some powdered water

but I don't know what to add to it

Good morning weed Lester. Sure looking good my friend. :cheer: Hope the weather is getting a little better for you. It's been rainy here for a couple of days but nothing pounding and it's suppose to warm up into the 70s for the next week for sure. Hope the indian summer goes for a long time. Happy Tokerday

Good Morning brotha, I think the weather is getting better. Some fog this morning but it should burn off and be sunny soon. Humidity looks to have decreased a good bit and looks like the main bulk of moisture has moved out. They're saying only 2-3 more days of partial clouds and we're back to a week of full Sun and 85+ degree temps...

Just need to ride it out until then :Namaste:

Well, hopefully your plants start kicking into gear, that's crazy how long they vegetated. PGG is especially funky. Just got to let mother nature take her course :surf: :Namaste: :volcano-smiley:

I really don't understand why they are so far behind in flowering. Either they know whats ahead or they don't care. More than likely they don't care. :cheesygrinsmiley: Most are flowering but they are just getting going. It is what it is.

Lester, it's amazing. It seems that you have exactly the same temps and RH I have here ATM :) Here mold starts becoming a real problem when temps drop below 65 during a day. I always saw it as a critical point. In the meantime my plants have caught septoria from the humidity and abundant rain, but I won't treat it cause they're strong enough to thrive as septoria doesn't affect budz. I wouldn't worry about mold so much unless your RH goes through the roof for 48 hrs or more.

I really don't understand why they are so far behind in flowering. Either they know whats ahead or they don't care. More than likely they don't care. :cheesygrinsmiley: Most are flowering but they are just getting going. It is what it is.

Well, I do know that the Chernobyl has some pretty hardcore sativa genetics in it. And the PGG, You will have to fill me on that one. I've heard of people talking about it but I dunno what it is. Is it some Indian strain from Jaga? It definitely looks like it's being grown in a field. It's all trying to compete with those big trees, you can tell they really were acting in terms of light competition. So yeah, fill me in on this PGG :volcano-smiley: Might want to choose some indica strains, I don't think I know anyone but you who grows nearly pure sativa strains that far North. :surf:

Lester, it's amazing. It seems that you have exactly the same temps and RH I have here ATM :) Here mold starts becoming a real problem when temps drop below 65 during a day. I always saw it as a critical point. In the meantime my plants have caught septoria from the humidity and abundant rain, but I won't treat it cause they're strong enough to thrive as septoria doesn't affect budz. I wouldn't worry about mold so much unless your RH goes through the roof for 48 hrs or more.

It's true that botrytis mold likes temperatures on the cooler side, in the 60s. If it's too hot it will minimize their growth rates.

Thanks for the share about Septoria, I was not aware of their genus. Very interesting, hopefully it doesn't get the best of you, but, I think it's an organism I would rather prefer than the dreaded Botrytis.

Actually conrad, being that we are so close to the ocean , the lowest the RH ever gets is about 65 ish during the day, and that back up into the 90s-100% RH at night. And actually we've been dealing with the repercussions of the hurricanes down south. I think it's finally tricked in. It was killer humid yesterday all over the place, luckily it's better today. And I think Zilla is faring with the moisture the best, she seems to have her leaves perfectly designed to funnel water through the canopy downward. Other specimens that I have, such as the Maui Waui are inept in that the water gets clogged up and trapped in many crevices, and doesn't run off the leaves as fluidly. Maybe it's just a phenotype thing, because I have got a more compact phenotype of the MW to look at. I was really more concerned about the fecal matter that the worms I just removed (about 10 total worms removed now from the small plants) they were just loopers luckily, but there was a few pellets of fecal matter left behind on the delicate inter-workings, and hopefully they did not combine forces with the water moisture. Though the flower structures are fully in tact, I had to kind of desecrate the natural fatigue of it and pull back the calyx clusters to look for the worms. Tight cranny, perfect place for fungus growth.

At this point I just hope the Brazilian genetics keeps these feeling like they are back home in Brazil. Real hot, cloudy, and tropical. Maybe we'll get a little bit of fruity terpenes out of this batch of KC, not smelling skunky anymore so I know the terpene profile changed! :volcano-smiley:

That's interesting that the flavor profile changed on your Zilla. I'm noticing in the last few days a big change in the terpenes of 3 of my 4 strains. Lucy and Mama, now smell similar..which is really odd to me. Mama still has some more hash to it, and Lucy still has more sweetness to it, but I'm starting to think they might be different pheno's of the same strain.

And most odd.. Euphoria is starting to smell very skunky. The spicy smell is taking over the citrus that I was loving so much :\ oh well. At least its Really frosty.

Also your pillar control post a page or so back inspired me to buy some Safer BT dust, and some azamax... The one I found on a top Mama cola today still has me shaken. >.< not to mention the rooster attack. :rofl:

Black Bubba... still smells like Bubba. :laughtwo: and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Good afternoon's weed Lester!! :love::Namaste::volcano-smiley:

Edit: Oh and.... I might be purchasing an extreme q soon Lol...... :circle-of-love:

That's interesting that the flavor profile changed on your Zilla. I'm noticing in the last few days a big change in the terpenes of 3 of my 4 strains. Lucy and Mama, now smell similar..which is really odd to me. Mama still has some more hash to it, and Lucy still has more sweetness to it, but I'm starting to think they might be different pheno's of the same strain.

And most odd.. Euphoria is starting to smell very skunky. The spicy smell is taking over the citrus that I was loving so much :\ oh well. At least its Really frosty.

Also your pillar control post a page or so back inspired me to buy some Safer BT dust, and some azamax... The one I found on a top Mama cola today still has me shaken. >.< not to mention the rooster attack. :rofl:

Black Bubba... still smells like Bubba. :laughtwo: and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Edit: Oh and.... I might be purchasing an extreme q soon Lol...... :circle-of-love:

Good Evenings Weed SG, you will enjoy the EQ as much as the rest of us. :volcano-smiley: And the terpene talk is fun, they really are such a magical class of compounds - they work in such strange and magnificent ways with the cannabinoids us mammals are so familiar with :Namaste:

Yeah I used the Bt dust last year, it is really hard to apply correctly and it's really an art. The dust uses silica as a carrier, so you really don't want to get them on the buds, and if you do, you will need to bud wash it out. The "integrated sprayer" that comes with the bottle can tend to get clogged up, and often times you have to spray at different angles while your in the canopy and whatnot and I just found it a nightmare and didn't like it. But it probably helped. So far my money is on Azamax, I like it's composition better than Bt (bacterial), Azadirachtin is not bacteria, rather is just an organic compound that has carrier oils. It's nice to have everything in your arsenal though, some years it can be really really bad.

Sending you some grower empathy bro. :passitleft:

LOL, well thank you kindly :)

Aloha Brotha Have a Great Night :high-five:

Mahalo my friend I am doing just that. :volcano-smiley: :circle-of-love:

Yo SG! Listen, terpenes produced by cannabis during flowering change couple of times. What they smell like in the beginning suddenly becomes something else in the middle flowering, and that just goes away when the trichomes finally mature. For example, plants can start with a light floral smell to get fruity, and suddenly develop heavy muskiness. Or it can be the opposite, they start with musky smell, they turn floral, just to finish as a producer of tangy/fruity terpenes. You can manipulate it to a certain point with the right feeding at the right time. :tokin:

In other words, parts of DNA strands that code for certain terpenoids become suppressed or transcribed depending on the stage of life the plant is in. The environment - in terms of nutrient availability, temperature, and humidity can play a role in this expression and really shape a phenotype into being almost a completely different strain. I have experienced this with my KC-45. I will have grown 6 different phenotypes of KC-45 by the end, out of 6/10 female seeds. So each seed became a different phenotype. Other factors that can contribute to the selective expression of genes are things like stress - or complete diversion of gibberelins hormones in early life through the result of vigorous training (LST). Many of those phenotypes started off musty smelling almost like mildew... and the different plants diverged into their own expression. One plant becoming more fruity, the other one completely lemony, and the other completely piney/spicey.

It's another reason I do not grow feminized seeds. The best seeds to grow are from naturally pollinated dioecious plants, they give rise to the best altenatring phenotypes which can be isolated by selective breeding, and you rarely see hermaphrodites. I find it funny when people pay all that money for feminized seeds and they get a male. It seems like with my regular seeds outside in regular photoperiod conditions I see 60-80% of my regular beans become female. It is known that high nitrogen levels and lower temperatures can affect the sexual expression of the cannabis and form more females in a population. For cannabis to be a truly dominant seed plant on the Earth, it would be wise for the ratio of females to be slightly higher than the males. It doesn't take a ton of pollen to pollinate branches, and the females are the source of conception for the new offspring to which the male sperm will pollinate the female egg which is encapsulated inside an ovary. This is a true feat of evolution which distinguishes the gymnosperms from the angiosperms. The gymnosperms (pine trees for example) form these pine cones which have "naked seeds", and they dominated the Earth after the decline of the non-vascular plants such as the mosses (which have mind boggling reproductive cycles, the male sperm from those plants actually contain flagella and requires a liquid water to reproduce, the sperm swim to their female egg counterpart, did you ever think plant cells could "swim" like mammalian sperm?) Fascinating right? Most of the worlds coal came from the seedless plants in the Carboniferous era, and when Pangea came together the Earth got hotter, and drier - Herbivores roamed the land and ended the reign of the seedless plants. Soon, organisms had to evolve specialized structures to transport water and minerals far distances to the apical regions of the plant. Soon enough, flowering plants evolved into what they are today. But don't forget, plants originally resulted from an early multi-cellar organism that ate a smaller cyanobacteria (which contains photosynthetic pigments chlorphyll a and others). It also happened to eat a proteobacteria and obtain the mitochondria which is responsible for literally powering and producing a lot of the adenosine-triphosphate for the plant. The ATP is very important for powering an electron transport chain, which ultimately establishes a proton gradient for the Cation Exchange in the soil to take place. So you can see why Phosphorous is such an important element for flowering, it provides the plant an abundance of energy that is required for it to synthesize very large and complex biomolecules (terpenoids and cannabinoids among other things like protiens/amino acids/ hormones).

End of thought section (for now)

Relaxed Lester:
I wanted to thank you for the suggestion to put fans in my outdoor hoop house. Despite the withering humidity of the past few weeks, not a sign of mold at the period I've typically experienced over the past 4 seasons. Ready to chop one down this weekend as it's hit the ripeness I've been waiting for. Thanks again for you advise.

Relaxed Lester:
I wanted to thank you for the suggestion to put fans in my outdoor hoop house. Despite the withering humidity of the past few weeks, not a sign of mold at the period I've typically experienced over the past 4 seasons. Ready to chop one down this weekend as it's hit the ripeness I've been waiting for. Thanks again for you advise.

You are very welcome! I am so happy to hear that! Happy Harvesting my friend! :volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley: :surf:

Today's Repost Of The Day
IMG_32303.JPG
IMG_32702.JPG
IMG_32755.JPG
IMG_33216.JPG
IMG_33224.JPG

End of rant (for now)

O.E.D.: "rant" vb. (1) To speak or shout at length in an angry, impassioned way

If I may, Lester, make one small correction to you post. That, Sir, was not a rant. That, Sir, was a bloomin' education.

Nice one.:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom