Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

Hey just back tracking. Missed the comments about one thing that helps close to harvest I'd agree with, keep plants atad thirsty. Plants need sooo little water when temps drop. Helps with mine. And tried that activate?' in the soils, as a drench early and late. I had a great year here for a change. Weather was mild for up in the PNW. Only lost acouple buds to mold. That was on a injured plant. I always yell at my Miss J for pinching leaves off my outdoor girls, least till they are dead. That opens 'alot' of sores mold can enter your babies. My only mold happened on my Sugar Plum which got ripped in half in a wind storm. Wound's can lead to problems. I like to leave alittle stem on my pinch offs. Not sure if it helps but makes sense in my mind. Scary............... But any moisture close to havest will invite rott. Nice Buddage. And always great to get some in Keepem Green

Thanks for stopping by Woods :thanks: :volcano-smiley:
Been awhile my friend. Looking great! I'm still envious of the pics your phone delivers vs my 18 MP camera. I'm looking forward to the smoke reports. (I still think you do that the best).

Keep'em green.

:thumb:

Aloha Brother Josh! Long time my friend, hope all is well in your world :Namaste: Thanks for the great comment, the ol' mobile camera is a trooper. :thanks:

Here is a little vape report on the recently harvested & curing Jack Dawg (Jack Herer x Chemdawg x NYCD) flowers. First of all this stuff is real stinky. It's basically like a kush IMO. It's definitely sour, and a bit fruity in a different way... It's definitely not lemony/piney. It's on the skunky/peppery side with a really weird sour fruit twist. It's really hard to explain. But the way I see it is, upon puffing and exhaling a vapor bowl, the puff is analogous to drinking a really good red wine - very enjoyable.. The fruity twist is kind of like a grape-like flavor, but it's nothing like your regular "Grape Ape". It's really got a nice stone, definitely potent and does the job just right, but needs to cure more before it gets better. Anyway here's the pix, that's all I can say about it for now :volcano-smiley:
IMG_60075.JPG
IMG_60085.JPG

Good batch I'd say, always nice to get 'em successfully washed, jarred, and cured. Always a good feeling to have a full jar or two. :Namaste:

Only you Lester, would be blessed by the universe enough to end up with cannabis that knocks your socks off and is reminiscent of a sip of fine red wine. It's such a pleasure to meet others that have learned to let things flow in life. That's probably why I feel so comfortable here. Well, you grow these beautiful plants and then show them to us in those breathtaking pictures, so I suppose there's that too. :laughtwo:

Enjoy Lester. Yes, it's wonderful to get a couple jars in. I'm running just ahead of myself right now, so I'm content. By the time I leave on vacation I'll have to buy more jars, so I know better days are ahead. Your successful harvest gave me more hope. :love:

Thanks SweetSue and danish, I'm also very content with things. The JD is making me feel really good. I can't help but be filled with feelings of joy to be alive as a human on this planet, wonderfully joyous :)

Anyway, now I think I flip flopped on the Blackberry, before I was talking about not growing it anymore, but I needed to grow a few more cycles out to be sure. Well I was very close to not cloning upon release, and boy I'm glad I decided to take a clone. This plant adjusted as I expected and is a much better specimen than the original mother plant. The original mother was also harvested too late and dried out too much, making the trichomes less potent. The most potent & best tasting of the batches seem to come when things are still the slightest bit "fresh".

Blackberry (Raspberry Cough x Black Domino) (wish this strain actually turned purple, but the aroma on this plant is without a doubt, a raspberry-pepper combination)
IMG_60116.JPG

Underdawg (special Unknown x Chemdawg x NYCD) this plant also came out way better than the mother, much more frost, so I was worried I got a less good phenotype, turns out this is probably the best pheno of the litter that I cloned before even I got to see it flower. I cloned the most vigorous specimens and this is the pheno it turned out as. This one is hard to describe, but's more on the very sour blueberry-pepper side, believe it or not. Anything with C91 x NYCD is gonna stink like hell. One little plant like this can be smelled from 20-30 feet away, especially when your trimming it. Imagine what a monster bush would smell like, it would be ridiculous.
IMG_60135.JPG

Ok thats all for now.

:peace:

Thank you Lester for that wonderful share. :love:

Hey Lester! Great to see you and a moderator now to boot. Still producing some beautiful girls there!
:Namaste:

Thank you Dr. Bob, I always try to have a lil' something something going. :yummy: :thanks:

:passitleft: High Relaxed...:circle-of-love:
High Dennise :passitleft: Hope all is going well in your world my friend :circle-of-love:

Here are a few more random snaps from before I harvested those plants a couple days ago

BB
IMG_60176.JPG

UD
IMG_60153.JPG
IMG_60167.JPG
IMG_60184.JPG

General notes: Previously harvested flowers are curing exceptionally well. I'm very pleased with things, specially the Jack Dawg which seems to provide great feelings of euphoria as well as sedation. Swiss Cheese is only getting better in the cure. BB and UD should be ready to jar by tomorrow. Took another wave of clones off the vegging mothers. I also had to fertilize the freshly flowering specimens with dose of D&S Step 3. Turns out, after using recycled soil for so long with only minimal amendments, I'm running into a slight micronute deficiency, this should hopefully be cleared up in the next few days. Experiencing colder than normal conditions for us with temperatures as low as about 50 F, we'll see how this impacts the crop's growth rate and possible coloration.

:Namaste:

What gorgeous shots Lester. I'm always so excited to get a steady shot of the marching trichomes. Those are some beautifully formed stalks on yours. Just beautiful.

I look forward to the time when I can leave the harvest alone to cure. I managed to keep a bit of a wild cross that's turned out to be one of my favorite smokes in the jar for a month now and tried a bit today. It never ceases to amaze me how much difference that can make. A knock-your-socks-off four to six hit sativa buzz that has me really appreciating this incredible fall day. I'll have to grow more when I get back up.

Gotta run. Have a wonderful day Lester. It's always a pleasure. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Just a couple quick snaps here before I get back to the grind

Here's the vegging mother clones, (JD and UD), not sure when I'll have time or space to release these ones. Been very busy. My plan with these ones is to have them stretch up and elevate the photosynthetic organs. Because during the winter the sun arises at lower angles about the horizon, the plants will need to be taller and less LSTed to do a little better when released.
IMG_60217.JPG

Recently released batch (SC and BB) flowering fast. We had a cold rain storm last night that didn't phase them much, but it's pretty darn cold for them out there. They're actually starting to look a lot better, I think the micronute deficiency is slowly clearing up. :Namaste:
IMG_60225.JPG

We have front row seats for the most powerful El Nino in modern history (potentially), so things are not looking good for a winter grow this year, but I really don't have much of a choice, I will probably just try to grow right through it, but who knows, I could be looking at total crop losses. As long as I have a safe wave of clones in veg, I might just see what happens. :tokin:

Good Day

I'll put in a word with that Office of Universal Quality Control I keep talking about Lester. See if we can't work out some protective energy or something. It's a wonderous universe, so what do we have to lose, eh? :laughtwo:

Good point about those elevated photosynthetic organs too. I'd not considered it from that perspective. I love learning. This has been a really good morning. ShiggityFlip was sharing ideas about Korean fermented wines over on my journal and your thoughts kicked in some ideas about lighting challenges I'm facing trying to push a tent to early harvest. There you go again - unexpectedly making my life better.

It's always a pleasure to stop. Your gardens are lovely, but you knew that. :battingeyelashes: May your day live up to your joyful expectations Lester. :circle-of-love:

Thanks SweetSue :circle-of-love:

Here is installment 2 of the previous update, showing how the overall recycled soil deficiency is starting to clear up for both the veggies and flowers :cheer: They seemed to like the emergency fertilizer (D&S steps 2 and 3 respectively), now they'll be back onto a fully organic diet with another organic tea next week.

JD and UD veggies
IMG_60283.JPG

SC and BB flowers
IMG_60295.JPG

I would love to recycle my soil back into my grows but have had terrible results, so it aways ends up in outdoor beds that we are fixing up on our older hourse. I need to do better with it. What are your thoughts on how to rejuvenate soil best?

I would love to recycle my soil back into my grows but have had terrible results, so it aways ends up in outdoor beds that we are fixing up on our older hourse. I need to do better with it. What are your thoughts on how to rejuvenate soil best?

What I do is everytime I harvest a plant, I take all of the soil from the rootball and shake it off into a big pile. Then when I want to pot new plants, I just mix in about 40-50% of fresh soil to help amend it a bit, then I plant it. After a few days, I serve an organic tea to help boost the soil. If I run into a deficiency, like I did, then I use the emergency fast acting D&S to get them back on track until the next tea. For it to work, I need to supplement the soil with the tea. I could "rejuvenate it better" by adding more initial fresh soil to the mixture, but the whole point is to conserve the soil, so usually the teas do the job in restoring the nutrients. But sometimes the tea cannot replace some vital micronutients, which get replaced with the D&S if needed.

The most expensive part of my grows is the soil, I realized a long time ago it makes no sense to throw away the soil. Since it's really just a planting medium, after supplements get added its back to normal. But I'm getting to the point where I need to restore everything from fresh soon. Usually in the spring time I'll get a full fresh batch of soil and it'll last me approximately each year.

:volcano-smiley:

Great point there Lester, Im a believer in recycled soil, I do something in that range. I add worm casting to the recycled pile of soil just to promote the proliferation of that good bacteria we need.

Back
Top Bottom