Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

Well thanks for the kind words SweetSue, I always enjoy your positive vibrations. You keep spreading the love too, ya hear? :)

Farewell to a SC batch

So I went and checked the log book, looks like I released these (Swiss Cheese) plants on approximately 9/03. So that makes today roughly day 39 of flower. Sure I could let them go a bit longer, but believe me these plants stink like hell. You can smell them from 30 feet away, that would be the skunk #1 in the cross. I've decided to chop these flowers tomorrow morning, this is an excellent batch. The flavors came out just right this time and I'm just blown away at the flowering time on this one. For day ~39 these are really therapeutic, excited to get some of my jars filled with more Swiss Cheese for my morning medications.
IMG_59288.JPG
IMG_59298.JPG
IMG_59317.JPG
IMG_59376.JPG

I still can't believe it myself that they're already basically done. Now with the monsoonal moisture coming back in and a big storm on the way, now is the time to prevent any chance of loss to rot. I'm also looking forward to harvesting these 2 plants so I can continue the cycle. Need to get my washing station set up, then make preparations for taking fresh clones off the current mother clones in veg. After harvesting a batch, and taking clones, then I will make further preparations for transplanting and releasing the new mother clones into the "wild". Lots of work but very worth it :volcano-smiley:

Oh and I might also add that the Jack Dawg (besides the SC of course) is probably the best strain I've grown to date. Stinkiest, strongest/most powerful, tastiest. Well the recent batch came out real real good. I usually save it for night time medication, so I'm stoked to get some nice fresh and ripe Swiss Cheese for mornings.

Anyway, back to work. Cheers :circle-of-love:

I always love to let myself go on those final portrait sittings, don't you Lester? Yeah, I could feel it in your post. :laughtwo: What beautiful plants. Thank you also for another glowing endorsement for yet another strain.

What's been your average daylight hours for these two Swiss Cheese? That's an impressive turnaround time. Sorry, should have paid closer attention. :reading420magazine:

I'll be interested in seeing what you pull from them. May I ask, are you meeting your needs at this time or coming close to it? I only ask because I'm trying to get this balance in my own perpetual grow and my dose at this point has a baseline of 2 grams a day. Give me a few harvests and I'd hope that I could maintain that without much effort, but I've noticed Lester, that life gets in the way for many a cultivator who thought they'd beat the odds, myself included. So I guess I'm looking for assurances that it can happen. LOL!

It's also become obvious to me that each one of us comes across a few strains that fit just right and the focus becomes one of maintaining those stores above all others. It's an interesting progression to watch from the sidelines and then to find myself doing the same. This has been the most interesting journey.

Sorry Lester, got lost in stoner thought. Hahaha! I need to get out on the threads and catch up. It's always a delight to stop by. You're so wonderfully tolerant of me. :hug:

Enjoy the harvest. Oooooo.... I love a harvest morning. :yahoo:

Good job my friend, that SC Looks Awesome. Congrates. I think with the weather coming its a very good idea that you take them now, better safe that sorry.TTYL
Aloha Brotha. Thanks for the comment :thanks: It was indeed a good idea to take them. Buds were chopped, washed, and are drying until Friday when they'll be bagged and burped. :thumb: :circle-of-love:

I always love to let myself go on those final portrait sittings, don't you Lester? Yeah, I could feel it in your post. :laughtwo: What beautiful plants. Thank you also for another glowing endorsement for yet another strain.

What's been your average daylight hours for these two Swiss Cheese? That's an impressive turnaround time. Sorry, should have paid closer attention. :reading420magazine:

I'll be interested in seeing what you pull from them. May I ask, are you meeting your needs at this time or coming close to it? I only ask because I'm trying to get this balance in my own perpetual grow and my dose at this point has a baseline of 2 grams a day. Give me a few harvests and I'd hope that I could maintain that without much effort, but I've noticed Lester, that life gets in the way for many a cultivator who thought they'd beat the odds, myself included. So I guess I'm looking for assurances that it can happen. LOL!

It's also become obvious to me that each one of us comes across a few strains that fit just right and the focus becomes one of maintaining those stores above all others. It's an interesting progression to watch from the sidelines and then to find myself doing the same. This has been the most interesting journey.

Sorry Lester, got lost in stoner thought. Hahaha! I need to get out on the threads and catch up. It's always a delight to stop by. You're so wonderfully tolerant of me. :hug:

Enjoy the harvest. Oooooo.... I love a harvest morning. :yahoo:

Hi SweetSue. Yes, I enjoy the "final portrait sittings". But not as much as when they gloriously gleam in the Sun. ;)

What's been your average daylight hours for these two Swiss Cheese?

We're getting about 11 hours and 20 minutes of light and decreasing, and I'll just keep releasing specimens throughout the winter. We will also see if we get hit by the El Nino, which would be problematic. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we get some decent rain, but not too much wind. :Namaste:

May I ask, are you meeting your needs at this time or coming close to it?

I'm able to scrape by from harvest to harvest, I just have to make sure I have specimens released before harvesting any final existing ripening flowers. I've been harvesting just enough to get by, but I'm hopeful that with the next batch of plants I'll be able to acquire a slight buffering region, hopefully enough to account for any small yields or losses during the winter. We'll see how it goes. :Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words SweetSue, as always. :thanks:

Assorted Bud Pix

Here's the Swiss Cheese just harvested a couple days ago (at day 40 of flower), pretty well developed :yummy:
IMG_59444.JPG

Underdawg(cured), pretty good puff, but this batch & pheno didn't come out perfectly tasting, just decent
IMG_59483.JPG

Jack Dawg(cured), really enjoying this batch.
IMG_59493.JPG

Blackberry(cured), this batch was pretty disappointing, hopefully after a couple more cycles I can harvest a decent batch of it. I'm probably going to replace this strain with something better if it doesn't produce something more enjoyable. Though the Blackberry does put out pretty good yields..
IMG_59515.JPG

Over & Out. :volcano-smiley:

Thanks danish :thanks:

Couple more shots of the Swiss Cheese bounty. Hopefully I got an ounce (dry) off those 2 lil' plants. Should hold me over until the big Dawgs are ready .:volcano-smiley:
IMG_59557.JPG
IMG_59534.JPG

:peace:

Congrats Relaxed One...

Ok so the Swiss Cheese had me extra motivated today and it was time to take some clones, transplant the mothers, and release 3 SC plants into flower.
IMG_59576.JPG
IMG_59586.JPG

Here's a regular group shot with the UD,JD,BB,and fresh SC
IMG_59566.JPG

:Namaste:

There you go Lester. Something to tide you over. You aren't the first cultivator I've come across that was disappointed in the Blackberry. I think this is a strain I'll avoid until they work some of the obvious kinks out. It sounds so tasty. Bummer. Nothing worse IMO than "meh" as the reaction to smoking. So far (as she knocks on wood) it's only happened to me once.

It's always so mellow over here, I find myself just sitting and staring at the screen, soaking up some of the peacefulness you manage to communicate digitally Lester. Quite a trick that. :battingeyelashes: :circle-of-love:

Lester, we were cross posting. Are you insinuating that the Swiss Cheese delivers something of a "zippy" reaction, or just a mild motivator? I have this penchant for "zippy" which is why I ask. Always looking.

Lester, we were cross posting. Are you insinuating that the Swiss Cheese delivers something of a "zippy" reaction, or just a mild motivator? I have this penchant for "zippy" which is why I ask. Always looking.

For me, the Swiss Cheese is not merely a mild motivator, but rather, an extreme motivator. While medicating with this plant, I have felt feelings that I have not felt in quite awhile. It also brings back memories and sensations for me. But it does have a little bit of a "zippy" onset, which levels out after awhile. Every time I exhale, it puts a smile on my face and I say, "Wow". :)

:volcano-smiley:

Time for a quick update; JD's are getting pretty close to harvest, not much longer for them

JD 1 and 2
IMG_59672.JPG
IMG_59682.JPG
IMG_59726.JPG

The Underdawg (check out those pistils!) and Blackberry, the aromatics coming off the UD are spectacular. A more descriptive name would be "Berries Galore", real fruity phenotype, and the batch of Blackberry is looking better than the previous one. Less leafy.
IMG_59692.JPG

UD flower top
IMG_597410.JPG

Ok here are the recently released Fresh Swiss Cheese clones
IMG_59713.JPG

And then recently released lil' Blackberry clones, I decided to just move 'em along
IMG_59701.JPG

Here's some of the curing 40-day wonder, Swiss Cheese flowers, it's dense, fruity, lemony, piney
IMG_59758.JPG
IMG_59767.JPG

Aloha :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom