Renegade's BID Tribute Grow - Multi Strain

Crap, almost forgot the root pics...LOL.

IMG_026643.JPG

IMG_026536.JPG

IMG_026337.JPG

IMG_026445.JPG

Still something to be said about the nutrients.

Very clean and clear res water. We'll see how it goes when I go full strength....

Absolutely King....

That's the plan. Changing out res now and will remove....like you said....several....LOL.

Will post the after pics when I'm done.

Thank you for the reinforcement....

You can remove several of the larger leaves obscuring the light to the nodes where the branches grow from on your larger plants.

01 Feb 15, Sunday, 0921hrs, day 16, week 1, day 1 of 12/12 and full nutrients...
Res change out time....

Readings before nutrients...
Air: 84
RH: 52
PH:5.2
PPM: 302
Res Temp: 72

Tap:
PH: 6.8
PPM: 052

So the PH seems to drop off at the end of each feeding cycle. Blanket statement here since we haven't run a full cycle yet but will be monitoring the first few change outs to see.

The Twins are full of life and size. 2 weeks and 2 days and they are big gurls now. Little sister is actually showing signs of recovering. Her second set is trying to come out. Either way we are switching to 12/12 today. The first lights out should happen tomorrow morning. Lights out will be between 0600-1800hrs. That way they can sleep during the day while I'm working and up when I get home in the evening. And the twins will receive a hair cut today. She's just getting out of control. Looks like I have nodes stacking up trying to get out. They keep this up and I may be tipping next weekend...LOL.

Pics of the before....

IMG_027743.JPG

IMG_028033.JPG

IMG_027841.JPG

IMG_027939.JPG

IMG_028238.JPG

IMG_028138.JPG

After nutrients...
Air: 68
RH: 45
PH: 5.5
PPM: 135x
Res Temp: 58.3

Air and RH low because doors were open. Both are steadily climbing.

Cut most of the upper fans that were blocking side shoots. Working on scrog screen. PVC. A couple ideas come to mind. Gonna be wasting some PVC product till I figure it out...LOL.

The gurls look great after their trip to the salon...LOL.

IMG_028435.JPG

IMG_028533.JPG

IMG_028639.JPG

IMG_028830.JPG

IMG_028933.JPG

IMG_029036.JPG

Hello Renegade69, hope you don't mind if I pull up a chair as this looks to be a good show. The twins look cute after their bob cut!

I am quite interested in your grow journal as I am making plans for a cab or closet using PlatinumLED, either P300 or P450 depending on final footprint. I've read that you are a bit height challenged in your cabinet but can you tell me the basic dimensions so that I can better gauge the light coverage of the P300? Any advice is always welcome, and good luck with the grow!

Welcome Tokezilla...LOL.

PUll up your chair and enjoy the journey.

Height challenge is an understatement...LOL.

I'll get the measurements of the DIY in a bit...out running around before settling in for the big game.

Hello Renegade69, hope you don't mind if I pull up a chair as this looks to be a good show. The twins look cute after their bob cut!

I am quite interested in your grow journal as I am making plans for a cab or closet using PlatinumLED, either P300 or P450 depending on final footprint. I've read that you are a bit height challenged in your cabinet but can you tell me the basic dimensions so that I can better gauge the light coverage of the P300? Any advice is always welcome, and good luck with the grow!

What do you think about testing bequerels level around your twins :) atomic babies ?

Cant wait to see how the strip may add volume to those ladies...

Still congratz,

Friendly

Baked T.

Couldn't get on last night. I assume no one else either.

Not sure what that is Tad but the gurls are looking great this morning...

I've posted my DIY measurements for you below Toke...

Anyway...

This is last nights intended post and pics...
01 Feb 15, Sunday, 0921hrs, day 16, week 1, day 1 of 12/12 and full nutrients, (Little Sister, seedling, day 5)...
Res change out time....

Readings before nutrients...
Air: 84
RH: 52
PH:5.2
PPM: 302
Res Temp: 72

Tap:
PH: 6.8
PPM: 052

So the PH seems to drop off at the end of each feeding cycle. Blanket statement here since we haven't run a full cycle yet but will be monitoring the first few change outs to see.

The Twins are full of life and size. 2 weeks and 2 days and they are big gurls now. Little sister is actually showing signs of recovering. Her second set is trying to come out. Either way we are switching to 12/12 today.

The first lights out should happen tomorrow morning. Lights out will be between 0600-1800hrs. That way they can sleep during the day while I'm working and up when I get home in the evening.

The twins received a hair cut today. They're just getting out of control. Looks like I have nodes stacking up trying to get out. They keep this up and I may be tipping next weekend...LOL.

After nutrients...
Air: 68
RH: 45
PH: 5.5
PPM: 135x
Res Temp: 58.3

Air and RH low because doors were open. Both are steadily climbing.

Cut most of the upper fans that were blocking side shoots. Working on scrog screen. PVC. A couple ideas come to mind. Gonna be wasting some PVC product till I figure it out...LOL.

The gurls look great after their trip to the salon...LOL.

Evening readings...
Air: 82
RH: 55
PH: 5.6
PPM: 125x
Res Temp: 71

DIY Cabinet:
53 1/2" tall
35" wide
19 1/2" deep

Loose 17 1/2" from the top for exhaust and LED (at its highest)
Loose 13" from bottom for res
Leaves 25" from top of res to LED (again at its highest point)

Train early and can scrog at 4 1/2" with 20" to bloom in.

02 Feb 15, Monday, day 17, week 1, day 2 of 12/12 and full nutrients, (Little Sister, seedling, day 6)...
Morning readings...
Air: 82
RH: 50
PH: 5.7
PPM: 124x
Res Temp: 76

I'm gonna sub up to this one, I'm glad im not the only person doing this. :thumb:

I like the scrog screen, Renegade. I've considered this approach for weaving the net but am curious if you have found a clever method for feeding the cord through opposing holes of each tube. PVC does make more sense than a wood frame. Do you tape the string to a stick or rod to feed it through the holes?

Hey Toke...

The weaving for me was simple. I did just that....weaved it in and under. I did the long side first then just looped the end over to the side. No glue or tape and because it's the nylon kind I just took a lighter to the end to taper it. I drilled the hole big enough to feed with no problems.

You should see the scrap PVC left over...lol. I wasn't satisfied till it was perfect for me.

I like the scrog screen, Renegade. I've considered this approach for weaving the net but am curious if you have found a clever method for feeding the cord through opposing holes of each tube. PVC does make more sense than a wood frame. Do you tape the string to a stick or rod to feed it through the holes?

04 Feb 15, Wednesday, day 19, week 1, day 4 of 12/12 and full nutrients, (Little Sister, seedling, day 8)...
Air: 81
RH: 50
PH: 5.9
PPM: 128X
Res Temp: 71

Little Sister is stubborn. She really hasn't grown much. Still only working on her second set of leaves.

It could be the cold temps and low RH at night. But she still is showing signs of life so we press on.

The Twins also seem to have slowed in growth. They do look better since their haircut just not as tall as I would have hoped for.

But I've been out of town for a couple days and they have been left to their own till now. I can regulate better now that I'm back.

The LED light schedule is confirmed...off at 0600 and on at 1800.

Pics on Sunday that will hopefully show some improvement.

07 Feb 15, Saturday, 1053hrs, day 22, week 1, day 7 of 12/12 and full nutrients, (Little Sister, seedling, day 11)...
Readings...
Air: 78-86
RH: 48-55
PH:5.2-5.9
PPM:
Res Temp:

So we're just checking in folks.... All is well in our water garden. Readings are well within range.

Believe it or not Little Sister is still with us. Although I don't know how. She will die off soon enough. Barely past the 2nd set of leafs and still looking like a day 2 seedling. Could use some input for education purposes only. She pop'd late, got fed nutrients to early (by the time she pop'd the res had week 1 nutrients at 1/4 strength), temps and RH issues, cold res temps at next change out? I don't know but she's done.

So we'll moved on to the twins...

They are doing great. All the new equipment is working great. The chiller is still a pain in the azz but it at least keeps my temps down to about 70-72. That's the best we're gonna get out of this set up. And this set up will never get much bigger then a new tent 48X24X60".

And the P300. Simply put...and you know how I hate over stating something that works....but the proof is in the plants. Now we can also give AN the nod for great nutrients...and we shall but I love this light. P300, AN PH'd balance nutrients, Titan4 control....love, love, love these things.

Speaking of the nutes...res is beautifully clean and clear. Roots are still a very clean and white. And PH...not even checking it anymore. Stats were checked daily since the first introduction. Lows were 5.6 and highs were 5.9. Yes, AN is just that good. Now I only check PPM to monitor feeding. I will never use GH's base line product again.

Back to the P300. I had to remove a few of the big fans out of the way for lower growth. The twins are just too big and shade was abundant. So we're thinking of a weekly lite defol on the weekend just to keep everything opened up. And we've lowered the P300 down to 12" above the net. Both gurls are just about touching the net so we'll begin to train them along the underside as all of the shots/heads reach it. I'll also begin to pull the bigger outer branches out away from center to make room for the lower ones. So that's about it. Will post pics tomorrow night after lights on. Res change out tonight at lights on.

Whats cracklelacking my brother from the mountain range?:)......i think i am gonna try the ph perfect AN when i run out of my current ones which will take a little while:)......tired of chasing the ph and from what yoou have said it is right in the realm of easiness i am looking for:)......take it easy Renegade and your Princess:)....have a great weekend:)

What's crackin my friend. The mountains are treating me good. Regretfully, Princess is no more...she has moved on. I share that info only to prevent any further reminder of her....sighs.

I'm good and I have my garden to keep me sane...

Peace to you and yours....

Back
Top Bottom