RVgrowers 1st Stealth Grow of Afghan Kush Ryder and Kannabia Special

Hi RV,

I will be looking for your new journal as the girls look great and you have a wonderful stain selection. Good luck and happy growing....I am subbed
:goodjob:

High, Anon, or shall I say Aloha? lol! I had an aunt by marriage that was a pure Hawaiian...always calling me her little "haoli" or something like that....her little "whitey" niece I guess it meant, but it was meant in love, coming from her. And I even have a Ti plant here that I am trying desperately not to let die in this desert wasteland that has a RH of about 12%.....

Anyhow, I just checked out ur grow, and things are looking good, congrats on all that.....

Hang loose bra!
Aloha!:surf:

How are you going to tell just cause a plant is bigger or branchy dont make it a female? Are you going to turn them to 12/12 for a week or so to see the sex then turn them back? thats the only way to tell
:popcorn:

That's actually NOT the only way to tell sex. All MJ plants will show sex at point of maturity, EVEN under 24/0 schedule. You just have to veg them long enough to get them to show male/female pre-flowers.

That's actually NOT the only way to tell sex. All MJ plants will show sex at point of maturity, EVEN under 24/0 schedule. You just have to veg them long enough to get them to show male/female pre-flowers.

HIGH! HR!, Yeah, I THOUGHT so myself, but I also know, just cuz I heard others say it, or write it, it don't make it so. BUT, I swear I saw a guys journal in here way back, that was talking about this very thing, and the guy said he could see already, 3-4 weeks into veg, that he had males. And in a week or so he really did call it right on those males. And I have seen other growers I think say that they saw males in late veg, but I haven't been doing as much journal READING now that i am a journal writer as well, ya know? But I do dedicate a few hrs a day to reading other's journals, of all kinds of grows, I just can't learn enough. But then again, maybe my retention isn't 100%, especially after being a 30 yr herb toker, ya know? lol! hahahaha! jk, but true too! ha hahaha...
Anyways, I do check my babies almost hurly, they are pretty much my life, after my wife....but it's just that I love them and all plants, all life, it's a part of my spirituality, ya know?
AND!!! I have to tell you the great news that the baby Northern lights x Skunk that had the 1 cotyledon break off after I got her out of her husk that was stuck a few days ago, well, she didn't die!!!! She really is going to make it!!! I kept her covered w a loose bit of soft soil and put the humidity dome on top, under the light up close for the extra heat, and sure enough, she poked her little head up again, and this time the 1 cotyledon was opened up and I could see the bright green lil teensy tiny its bitty leaves in the center that are really growing!!!!!! SO< I have pics I took and I will post them later, cuz I gotta go move some stuff into the apt. right now.
So I will catch ya later, and have those pics! I am so prous of myself! I would have been devastated to lose that lil NL x SK, but she's a scrapper, that lil girl! She'll be stunted, or maybe just a few weeks behind, but she's going to live, and I can't believe it!
OKAY, see ya all later, much ;love to you all, and a late Happy 420!!!
AND HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!

HIGH all my friends out there! I'm sorry I have the new pics yet, we've been a bit spun over here, with all we have to do right now, it's unreal! I am trying to get those pics up, but I swear, as soon as I take a pic the plants have grown so much more the pics don't match! THEY ARE ALL EXPLODING WITH NEW GROWTH!!! And I have used nothing so far but the reg Osmocote that I got on accident, but I have nothing else but "Miracle-Grow" which we have for our garden and houseplants...but I don't think it matters really, does it? I mean, when you compare labels, the MG is stronger, at 20-20-20, but the "Regular Osmocote for fruits and vegetables" is a 14-14-14....
Anyways, I think all the plants I have except for the 2 brand new baby Northern Lights x Skunks, are ready for their 2.5 or 2.9 gal. containers I have ready for them....
And I am still working on the big multi-spectrum CFL hood too, almost done, just a few holes to drill and the wiring to put together, not too hard of a job, it's just a lack of time, or being sick at times so I couldn't do anything, etc... So I am just making them wait till I get them into the Apt closet so I have all the room I need to get this done. I am allowed 12 plants here where I am a patient. But I don't know which is male or female for a lil bit, but believe me, I have a little magnifier for jewelry that I think is more than adequate to identify immature ballsacks and such, if I keep on them everyday just looking at them, not touching necessarily, just looking mostly, I'm confident I can spot them early, and if I can't, then one of my buddies on here will help me out, I'm sure of it! .So I hope to get my wife to help me get my pics from just now uploaded tonight before she goes to work, and then I can upload them! They have so much new growth, it's unbelievable!!!!! HEY AHVE ALL ALMOST DOUBLED IN SSIZE IN THE LAST 4 -5 DAYS!!! NO LIE! THATS WHY I TAKE PICS! I can hardly wait till the N. lite x Skunks catch up to the others....the little runt one that lost 1 of it's cotyledon leaves is still ever so slowly growing out those 2 teensy tiny leaves so she's trying, and she's a special fem seed, so I really don't want to lose her if I can help it....
Anyhow, I think when I go to the bigger pots, I'm going with the straight #4 Perlite I think it is...It'll be easy and I can just watch them grow as I just water them every few days or so when their buckets get light. I'll have the other ferts by then,,,,still thinking of OC+, but what about Bloom stuff, Molasses, (is that just a jar of light or dark molasses from the grocery store? And if so, how and when do I apply it? Thx!!! Bud candy,SWEET, Sweet Raw, big bud, tiger bloom, GROW BIG, etc....can any of you guys with experience here help a nice lady out and tell me what other stuff like that I can use, cuz I am on the verge of getting the FFOF set of 3- the Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom I think....and all separately at the FF site, is like watt over $50, but on Amazon.com, I can get the 3 pack for like 35$.....And I think I have to get the "Hydroponic version", right? Not the "Soil version?" I heard if I do it that way and go from soil to water-based systems, that I have to wash off all the soil as ,ouch as humanely possible
Then I have heard of the "Advanced Nutrition, A & B".....don't know a thing about them yet.....then there's the whole "cannabis line of stuff," , ya know? SO it's so much choices for my lil head that it's information overload!
HELP!!!!

Anyhow, any help is appreciated....I mean, I should have already called a day to start veg on the bigger plants of mine, don't you think? They were all planted on the same day, but started popping up and growing on their own on April 1st, 2011. And now it's the 21st, so does anyone thin I should call veg yet? I know! I know! You gotta have pics!!! A KNOW! I gotta get my wife to help with the file transfers for the pics......I can do a hell-of-a-lot-of-stuff, but i can't do that! "Root-y", "Stumpy", "Shorty", and "Waldo", who were all started on like Apr. 1st...so they are 3 weeks old now, and have about 3 to 6 or 7 nodes...they have calyxes, and even new tiny pre-flowers growing down there on those lower limb crotches, and none of these plants are more than 2-3 inches tall. i hope that means that their genetics are altered to keep them small as well as making them all girls. OH I hope you all will look at the 4 bigger frills, the one's w names, then the others, I just named them " 3rd Gen.(aeration) bag seedling, sprouted 4-1-11, #1...or #2...whatever, there are 6 of those, so I numbered them 1- 6...Plus I have so many MMJ specialty seeds waiting to go....SO AM I!!! But I want to see how many males I have to pull before I know how many females I get from the bag seed for this harvest...I hope to get 2 more harvests in before the 1st of the year...we will see.
More updates by the way of those awesome pictures I've got, you won't freaking' believe it! Have a GREAT Friday night all, I will be back on between 1100pm- 1230pm, MST, until like 2,3,4 even 5 am I have stayed up, reading journals and responding to stuff...i fall asleep with the laptop in my lap in bed, reading 420mag.com journals...I love it! Thanks to everyone that makes it all happen, you guys rock!!!:headband::tommy::theband::tommy: :headbanger:/COLOR]

CAN SOMEONE THAT IS A MOST RESPECTED AND KNOWLEDGEABLE MEMBER, OR WHO ABSOLUTELY KNOWS FOR A FACT, THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION ONCE AND FOR ALL, PLEASE?!

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL 1ST DAY OF THE VEGETATIVE CYCLE FOR CANNABIS PLANTS?

SOME GUYS SAY IT'S THE DAY THE SEEDS IS PLANTED, SOME SAY IT'S THE DAY IT POPPED UP OUTTA THE GROUND, AND SOME EVEN SAY IT'S THE 1ST DAY YOU SEE AT LEAST 4-5 NODES ON THE PLANT....

I REALLY REALLY NEED TO KNOW! I HAVE HUGE PLANTS COMPARED TO THE HEMPY CUS, THEY ARE DRINKING WATER LIKE CRAZY, GROWING LIKE CRAZY AND I'M AFRAID THEY ARE GOING TO GET STUNTED AND ROOT BOUND, BUT I ONLY WAITED THIS LONG TO TRANSPLANT THEM BECAUSE OF THE UPCOMING MOVE, BUT THAT'S TOMORROW! YEAH!!!!

OH, AND ONE MORE THING...SHOULD I SEPARATE THE 3 FEMINIZED NORTHERN LIGHTS X SKUNK FROM THE 10 OTHER BAG SEED PLANTS I HAVE GROWING....INEVITABLY, ABOUT HALF ARE EXPECTED TO BE MALES, AND IT'S NOT IN MY PLANS TO KEEP ANY MALES FROM THESE PLANTS.

I BELIEVE IT'S AN INDICA OR INDICA HEAVY HYBRID STRAIN, BECAUSE OF THE VERY GOOD HEAD AND BODY BUZZ I GET AND IT'S ABILITY TO EASE MY PAIN IN MY JOINTS, SPINE, ETC..AND REALLY HELPS W MY INSOMNIA.

*NOTE!!! next posting, later tonight will have the latest pics of the grow and all the individual seedlings that are only about 14 days old from seed sprouting I think.

I had a little accident in the grow room today, about 2:00pm....I was moving my light bar up to get full coverage on all my plants, and it caused my fan box to fall forward, and it landed on "Shorty", and just bent the top over perfectly! So since I had to wait to get them into their big pots, I decided that I would still take advantage of the situation, and so I grabbed the drill with a small bit in it already, and drilled little holes all around the top of the cup, about a quarter inch or more below the cup edge. So I then found some really long twisty ties, like for electrical stuff, not bread! lol! and gently tied one around the base of "Stumpy", then another went on up where the accidental ben went, and basically just held that top node laying over, which exposes the one whole side of her main stalk, and that exposes the calyxes, and the title pre-flower-looking things....so I really hope that will cause her to open up some more top colas now.....we will see, what's done is done! lol! (Oh! and I took pis of the before LST and after to put up ate tonight with the others!)

BUT PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER THE MAIN QUESTION: WHEN EXACTLY DO YOU START THE FIRST DAY OF THE "VEGETATIVE STATE?"

Thanks to you all! PEACE!

There are people who count it differently but first day of veg is first day above ground, which is when the plant is starting its vegetative growth. In hydro, typically when you see 3-4 new nodes is when you start veg nutes, but the plant is already in veg.

There are people who count it differently but first day of veg is first day above ground, which is when the plant is starting its vegetative growth. In hydro, typically when you see 3-4 new nodes is when you start veg nutes, but the plant is already in veg.

Hey there Mr K! Long time, no hear from you with those big beautiful girls you got to take care of.....who says they don't like fatty girls? I DO!!! LOL!! Anyhow, thanks for the answer, so it would seem that since we are about 3/4ths thru the move, and will finish tomorrow am, the very 1st order of biz is to complete my multi-spectrum CFL hood and get those plants into the closet...I came up with a great idea for that as well! I checked out all the great grow tents and I am SOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous I have neither the room or cash to purchase such a unit, but someday....someday.....In the meantime, I had the awful realization, that the environment in the RV was actually BETTER for the plants than in this apt closet will be...I mean, sure, the closet is really big compared to a tiny RV tub/shower unit, and I could never have grown more than 2-3 plants to maturity, MAYBE 4, but only if I LST'd them, or super-cropped them, you know? The bathroom was small, but it was really like a pre-made indoor tent unit of sorts....I mean, it was a room with-in another room, and it held the humidity, AND it had a pre-installed exhaust fan that on high practically pulls the fixtures outta the walls! lol! anyhow, but I had an epiphany the other day while pondering this very issue...

I'm going to build an "indoor greenhouse"! I'm going to get some 1"x1" strips and make a back "wall" to the interior height availability of my new closet grow space, frame it like a little wall and all, then staple the plastic sheeting on it, and stick up against the back wall, and then start in on the sides, and do those to the front of the closet, then, in the very front, for access, I thought of just overlapping the plastic sheeting by a foot or more, for me to access the plants, lights, etc...I will then line the walls interior w/ my "emergency blanket and dog food bag liners Mylar-type material" (Hey, I know it sounds lame to some maybe, but I swear it works GREAT! Another guy on here mentioned doing this, and that's how I learned the trick, he was apparently as broke as I am! lol! Anyhow, I'm really glad he mentioned it, cuz it sure helped this chick out! Also, I WILL be building an intake line w/ a 4" or 5" inline fan i think should do, and then have an exhaust fan as well, (venting up into the attic space),but do the intake and exhausts have to be of the same diameter ? Does it matter what diameter? I always think the more ventilation, the better...but it isn't a very big space, one of those wide but very shallow ones, that has a hangar rod going across the whole back wall, underneath the shelf that also runs the length of the back wall. It's actually cool the landlord's a cheap bastard and wouldn't put in new carpet, and that left this closet floor with only the 12"x12" asphalt shingles on the bottom, so no problems with ruining carpet in there like most closets, but I am still going to put plastic sheeting on the floor as well, try to make it kinda airtight as possible, with what I have to work with, but I'm sure it'll be okay for the 6 or so girls I hope to have for my finish, all the boys go bye bye! ,.....my buddy who is my ONLY confidant here at the RV park & apts, has assured me that there's no need to build a carbon scrubber....I mean, I am a card-carrying med mj patient, but I DO kinda want it stealth just cuz I don't want to be ripped off by anyone, you know? Only 3 people know about this, 2 are me and my wife, the other, my buddy, who is helping us move, & helping me with the building and stuff I need a bit of help with all this building of the new interior "greenhouse". I think it'll be okay myself, we are in a very good spot in this new apt.

Okay, I'm fried, I will have to do pics later, I'm going to do side by side comparisons of them 2 weeks ago, and now. And I have 4 already 5 weeks into veg, 6 more about 43&1/2 or so weeks into veg, and now my 3 new Northern Lights x Skunk babies, 2 that are about 9 or 10 days old, 1 of which had a broken cotyledon and is recovering, and growing, but it's soooo small, it has it''s 2nd set of leaves showing in the center and all, but it's not even a full inch wide yet! It didn't die, and it's a valuable MMJ seed ling for me so if I can keep it growing, on it's own little schedule, I am. And out of the 10 total bag seedlings I have, I hope to get 5 or so girls of course, and I am giving my buddy 1 or 2 of them, and keeping the other 2 or 3 at the most. That will leave me with up to 6 or so plants to finish, and that's all I think I can do for my first harvest, and in this space, as they double and triple even, I hope!, they will surely use all the space I have. I will be taking pics of the new space tonight and hope to get the pics up with the rest of them if not tonight, then tomorrow.

Okay, gotta go, and OH yeah! that;'s what I'm saying, I already have plants that are just under a month old and some just over, so I think I'm going to finish the CFL hood and put them under there on a 12/12 to induce flowering, because they probably have to go for 7-8 weeks or more, so it's time, don't you all think I should? It's time as far as I think, but I got to get some bloom booster,and I never used anything but reg OC so far for nutes, so when I get them into their bigger pots in the next few days, I will have them in about 90 percent perlite, cuz I'm just taking the whole plants out of the cup and putting it into 100% perlite, and will finish them that way. I was going to get the OC+ to use in the new pots, but still considering using FFs Grow Big on them for another few weeks, then going into 12/12 w/ Tiger Bloom, or Big Bloom, whichever applies. What do you all think? Or should I just use the OC+ only in the perlite and leave it at that? I really want some huge, big, giant, sticky THC sugar sprinkled all over the frosty and huge colas! Please give me your best advice guys, and girls! I like to see what little things I can add to my routine and environment if possible to help my plans grow big, healthy and strong.

Okay, I really gotta go, sorry for the rambling, took my meds , they kicked in so I can't write now....

Much love to all and thanks again, Mr. Krip! You rock man!

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I disappeared on you al the last few weeks, but I had to get thru this move outta the RV and into our little 1 bedroom/ studio apt. By that, I mean, it's like a 1 bedroom, because it has a kind-of separate bedroom, but it has no door, and connects right into the little tiny livingroom, which is adjacent to the tiny little half a kitchen or whatever....it has appliances, full size even, but no place to sit and eat....guess we are buying T.V. trays soon...

SOoooooo! The kids are all so big, you aren't even going to recognize them...I started to post a few pics in between the moving stuff the last week or so, but I never got them posted in my thread, and now they are old and obsolete in that now they are so much bigger, and they have all been transplanted into their "permanent" pots.....and most all of them are just about to start their "flower cycle" after 6 weeks of veg for the 4 oldest plants, Rooty, Waldo, Stumpy, and Shorty, which were all sprouted about March 25th I think....( I could be wrong on that date, but it's in the beginning of the journal, so we can all look it up!), And the other 7 bag seed plants are just as big, and some are bigger than, the first 4, and they are all what I have called "3rd generation bag seeds..." meaning, that they were germinated from my 3rd attempt at seed germination....the first one ended in utter failure, I killed my beautiful, and expensive, MMJ seeds! My "Afghan Kush Ryder" and my "Kannabia Special", and I think a few bag seeds....and they all died.... thus the name of my journal...So with the wicked good advice from some of my fellow growers on this site, I kept on keeping' on, and had to practice germination, so I sprouted some bag seeds to practice with, my "2nd germination" they were, and that's where I got my "Rooty, Waldo, Stumpy and Shorty"....all sprouted about the first few days of April, but again, I will have to go back thru the journal and check the dates, but they are about 5-6 weeks old in veg now, I think they could probably go into flower, and I need to see who's boys and who's girls, so I am starting to cut back my light as of tomorrow....they will start getting 1 hour less a day for the next 6 days to get them to a 12/12 set. Isn't that the way I should do it? And also, my 1st N. Lights x Skunk, aka "LaLa", is getting SO BIG! But she's only about 3 weeks or so old, so I think it's too soon to put her into veg, she's so tiny it seems! And young! But I am going to do some research and see how early I should think is too early for this strain...I don't want to rush anything with my babies! They will be SOOOO worth waiting for!
SO, this is my last entry in this journal, I learned a lot about growing, about how to grow in a REALLY REALLY SMALL AREA, and I really hope I can help others with my ways of dealing with the confines of a RV bathroom and still using it to grow in....I will be back in my RV next year, so this is just a temporary break....but I will always be the "RVgrower", and I hope you all learned from my newbie mistakes, and I hope you ladies out there get some inspiration from me and realize that you too can grow your own herb/ meeds if you just follow along with us here at 420mag.com, and have a bit of confidence in yourself! it's not as daunting a task you'd think it was....guys have no special secrets or abilities that we don't have....they are just more aggressive! So GO FOR IT! grow your own medicine ladies, and gentlemen! No matter your age, or situation, you can grow your own herb/ meeds, and once you do, you probably will never go back to buying meeds from a dispensary again!

Anyways, so I close out this journal, and will start my new thread, "RVgrowers indoor closet grow: CFL's w/ a few Fem N.Lights x Skunk, & some bag seeds"

The link is already on my signature for this journal, but it doesn't list the journal name....I guess I will fix that another time....

So catch me on the new thread peeps!

C-ya there!

THIS JOURNAL IS CLOSED! PLEASE REFER TO MY NEW JOURNAL, "RVgrower''s Closet CFL Grow of N. Lights x Skunk & bag seeds". THERE WILL BE NO FUTHER POSTS IN THIS JOURNAL! To Moderators; Please close this journal, I have started a new one, and this one will no longer be used. Thank you!

Thank you for posting and for sharing. Nice! My wife and I are burning through so many of the myths in society and are about to migrate to RV living on a full-time basis. We are both medical mj users and will grow in our RV. I also read plenty and share as well. Thank you.

I should also add that I have a fairly rich background in many things, and if I can be of help to you, or anyone, let me know. Thanks, and best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom