Scarfinger68's - Soil - CFL - Aurora Indica Journal - 2013

What is a PSA and how do I vote for you?

Public Service Anoucement. You can click the link on my sig to get to the contests. Please only vote for what you like. They are anynomous and I would feel very bad if you voted based on 'friendship'. These contests must remain legit. There are some awesome entries this month!!

Aurora Indica, 20 days old from seed:

P10007083.JPG

P10007092.JPG

P10007101.JPG

P10007111.JPG

Everything is going smooth. I added about 3 oz of 1/2 strength FF Veg nutes.

Not sure if I mentioned it or not... My FFOF soil is amended with 6 tablespoon of garden lime per 4 gallons of soil... or 1.5 tablespoons of garden lime per gallon of soil.

PH runoff is 6.5 to 7. VEG nuts PH was closer to 7.0 PH.

:peacetwo:

Probably going to top them within the next couple of days.

Yes, do that, is what i do so they can get very bushy with thick stems! :) :thumb:

By the way, i dont know why but i wanted to inform you that i will do crosses using Aurora Indica´s Females and Males for example, Aurora Indica Male x CBD Skunk Haze... Afghan Haze Male x Aurora Indica Female... :)

Subbed.

Looking very good so far.

Looking good scar.:thumb: I'm looking forward to this grow and smoke report cause i have 5 Aurora Indica fem seeds. Supposedly its a very potent strain high in THC and very couch locky.

Cool Scar I love when there topless lol. I was wondering on your node count as to when you start counting.Does cotylden and first leaf not count as nodes for you. After I topped my seedling the lowers didnt start pushing hard and when I lst it over the party started.:thumb:

I hope you can see it. It was 5 nodes high when I topped it. I will most likely trim off nodes 1 and 2 around day 21 of flowering. These lower nodes give you the option to monster clone if you want to.

P10007163.JPG

cotyledon, 1st node, 2nd node, 3rd node, 4th node

Yes, do that, is what i do so they can get very bushy with thick stems! :) :thumb:

By the way, i dont know why but i wanted to inform you that i will do crosses using Aurora Indica´s Females and Males for example, Aurora Indica Male x CBD Skunk Haze... Afghan Haze Male x Aurora Indica Female... :)

Done :) Your braver than me. I have never tried breeding. I do have some Narkush (pure indica f1 hybrid cross of two vigorous strains from the Hindu Kush Mountains) regular seeds that I have considered letting a male pollinate an Aurora Indica.

Subbed.

Looking very good so far.

Welcome aboard!

Looking good scar.:thumb: I'm looking forward to this grow and smoke report cause i have 5 Aurora Indica fem seeds. Supposedly its a very potent strain high in THC and very couch lock.

That's what I am hoping for :)

I think Scarfinger have not seen my comment haha

I think I got it :)

Thanks for the comments

Also may I suggest you trim the fans of your clone? The boys have been teaching me that this allows the plant tto focus on rooting only. As opposed to traspiration and photosynthesis taking up energies. Also maybe a humidity done? Just thoughts sir. I recently acidently cloned a jalepeno plant by sticking a broken branch into the soil and it worked so I beleive there are several ways to skin the cat...

Very excellent Pic sir.
:bravo:
Whats your thoughts on where in the node space you cut when topping? I noticed you went directly below the removed node vs right above the next lower node...

On the first topping I like to leave a significant amount of stem. I believe this allows for a stronger junction at that node considering I will be topping, FIM'ing, LST'ing and hopefulling :) increasing the weight it has to bear :). That leftover stem will shrivel up and basically disappear... eventually.

The next topping at secondary nodes will be closer. I know you have done this... spread the 2 fan leaves out to find the sweet spot that you can FIM or TOP. :)

Also may I suggest you trim the fans of your clone? The boys have been teaching me that this allows the plant tto focus on rooting only. As opposed to traspiration and photosynthesis taking up energies. Also maybe a humidity done? Just thoughts sir. I recently acidently cloned a jalepeno plant by sticking a broken branch into the soil and it worked so I beleive there are several ways to skin the cat...

The Aurora are from seed. You must be talking about the 4 ICE clones in the back left.

I do trim some of the fan leaves in half. I place a plastic cup over them to form a dome. The dome stays on for usually 10 to 12 days. I mist the inside of the dome maybe every 3 days? The less I mess with them the better it seems. These rooted in 10 days and the dome was off by day 11.

ICE clones:
P1000717.JPG

This clone had 3 stems. I really didn't think it would make it. My skills surprise me. lol :rofl: What usually happens if you put an untrimmed node under the soil... it will decay and fall off and turn into a root. Sometimes I pull the leaf off and you can see the thin root left behind.
This node held strong:
P10007182.JPG

I also topped my clones. Trying to keep them short. They wont be flowered until after the Aurora Indica.
P10007192.JPG

You could maybe call my technique a "hard topping" I am not taking it at the newly developed leaf structure between the new fan leaves. I am pinching it at the stem. Mainly to stunt the growth, slow it down, keep it short and of course to get more bud sites.

Thanks for the comments :)

Back
Top Bottom