Sense Amelia's First Pop At Indoor Soil Grow

The pics are just fine. I hate thumbnails. I like when people post full size pics.

Your girls are looking really good. Nice full growth everywhere.

Well my plants are standing at 10 " tall today! Tuesday 30th October will be the day they go into flower. Starting to get very excited now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Mutt, they seem to be getting there!

Oh another little question, I have never given my 4 plants more than a litre and a half between them. Am I underwatering? (Even though they aint showing signs of that??)

And I couldn't resist the urge to post alot more from today.

SDC114321.JPG

SDC11431.JPG

SDC114301.JPG

SDC114291.JPG

SDC11428.JPG

SDC11426.JPG

SDC114271.JPG

SDC114241.JPG

SDC114222.JPG

SDC114211.JPG

SDC114201.JPG

SDC114191.JPG

SDC114161.JPG

SDC114171.JPG

SDC114151.JPG

SDC11413.JPG

SDC11411.JPG

SDC11410.JPG

They really don't look underwatered. If they were under watered, the little points around the edge of the leaves would curl up and point up towards the light. When I water, I use enough water so 10 to 20 percent runs out into the pan under the plant. This way, I know I am giving enough water. Giving them more water than they need won't hurt anything. As long as you only water when they need water. The extra run off will help rinse out any built up salts in the soil.

Well, just noticed a couple things today, don't know if it's anything to fret about or not.

Can you just about make out the tiny pale tip on the new growth, on end of leaf? I had the light plenty far enough away from them but have raised it slightly more just in case. Temps are about 77-78 deg F so happy there.

SDC114561.JPG

Now, that was the funny tipped one, this next one is one that the leaves look to be drooping downwards. Kind of curling. Nothing to worry about?

SDC11462.JPG

SDC114611.JPG

SDC114601.JPG

SDC11459.JPG

The other two are just fine.

Thanks for any comments/thoughts. :thanks:

Hey Sense Amelia, nice plants!! I appreciate you stopping by my journal I just realized you had one of your own. Well theres nothing to worry about for now that could be a bit of nute burn but that small amount is nothing to fret about. If it countinues to get worse throughout the new growth, then I'd be concerned. But chances are it's nothing serious and the tips will return to normal color. Good luck I'll be around-
BH

Well theres nothing to worry about for now that could be a bit of nute burn but that small amount is nothing to fret about
Hi Bubblyhash, thanks for the response. I have never given my plants any nutes, only nutes must be in the soil, and it has never bothered them. This is a very new thing, today. So not sure what it could be...

So after re-reading your journal, and taking into consideration that they've never been fed nutrients, I have 2 ideas. One being that you may have put a bit of bat guano in your medium? Guano is very hot, and when using it in your medium you must mix it, and let it "cool off". I have heard about 2 weeks prior to use is the minumum time period to let it sit. If you never introduced bat guano, try raising your light back up a couple inches. Because even with a cooltube, the light beating down from a 600 will get hot. Like when we stand in blazing sun in the middle of summer. Gets damn hot :yikes: If neither of these seem to be causing the issue you may have to invest in a Ph Pen. Not too expensive but you dont want to go with the cheap version, as they do not work. Hope I was of some help on this wake-n-baked rant.
-BH

So after re-reading your journal, and taking into consideration that they've never been fed nutrients, I have 2 ideas. One being that you may have put a bit of bat guano in your medium?
-BH
Hi Bubbly, no I never got round to using it yet it's still all sat in its tub un-used. :thanks:

Absolutely fantastic. Your girls are looking sooo good. Keep up whatever it is you are doing. By the way, how do you get the purple color in the last two pics??

Absolutely fantastic. Your girls are looking sooo good. Keep up whatever it is you are doing. By the way, how do you get the purple color in the last two pics??

Aww Thanks Mutt!! Honestly I'm not doing a whole lot at all, just lettin 'em go, ya know? The purple pics are when I accidentally found the negative option on my camera. It had "blue" "green" "red" negative, sepia etc. :Namaste:

Only thing I see which I had as an issue on my first grow is stretch. How far is your light away from these babies? I try to keep my 400w MH at no more than 10" and I am running an air-cooled cool tube hood. Also might want to get an oscillating fan to thicken the stems. Other than that all is looking great. I will be following along.

Sorry looks like this issue has been addressed.. Or I just showed up way late. Good job!

Only thing I see which I had as an issue on my first grow is stretch. How far is your light away from these babies? I try to keep my 400w MH at no more than 10" and I am running an air-cooled cool tube hood. Also might want to get an oscillating fan to thicken the stems. Other than that all is looking great. I will be following along.

Hi TacticalGrow *waves* I have my 600 watt dual spec HPS a lot further away from them than I would like, although I do now have a hold of some extra ducting we bought so we can now lower it more. Thing is, even though I have air cooled hood I am still a bit leery because of those tiny pale tips on some of the leaves inc. new growth, wouldn't wanna fry these darlins. I do have a great chart which someone kindly posted here explaining how low I can go so to speak :)

I also have a little 6" oscillating fan in the tent, but it is aiming at the light. Do have air coming in though which is circulating around from the bottom and around. Thanks for your post and thanks for coming aboard! Need all the advices I can get.

Back
Top Bottom