Serious 6 & More

thanks guys. I might try some right now of instead of serious 6. I dried them for 5 days so they should burn nicely.

11-13 weeks for healthy plants at 12/12 from seed.

B, question. How do you think a 12 12 run would do with an all red spectrum led? Red helps with flower growth. But I wonder with your method I wonder how it would do, or when you would make the switch to all red. Thoughts?

if you ask other growers they'll tell you to switch to run your all red light mid stretch or after the stretch (a week or two after determining sex) in order to keep the plant(s) tight. I've experimented with "blue" and "red" cfls and haven't noticed much of a difference. I would run the weaker light for the first week or two then the stronger light (or even both if the temperature allows it). or you could build separate veg and bloom areas :)

Merry Xmas B Real

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

thanks again for being a part of my journal!

serious 6
IMG_077525.JPG

snow white and kali bubba
IMG_077127.JPG

I received a letter from simon this morning. please take a minute to read the letter if you are interesting in the original ak47 genetics.

Serious Seeds
Purmerend, 20.01.2015
INFO-BULLETIN: Availability of AK-47 FEMINIZED and White Russian FEMINIZED

Dear Serious-Partners,

As you all know we had problems with the production of the female seeds of AK-47 and White Russian in the last year 2014. Those two strains were out-of-stock for almost the whole year and we got many request from shops who have growers waiting for those two varieties. We want to apologize to all of our partners for not being able to fulfill those requests and think it is time to communicate with you on the present situation.

Female seeds of AK-47 and White Russian were sold for many years, but it was always a struggle to produce enough of them. The reason is that the yields of those seeds have always been poor. This structural problem was inhibiting other developments and needed to be solved in a definitive way. We started with this in 2014 and the expectation was to solve this problem quick, that's why we had three different expected arrival dates last year, but it proved to be much more difficult. Now at the beginning of 2015 we think we have finally solved the problem and we expect a successful harvest coming up.

The feminization process for cannabis seeds in general has been cracked for the most part, but there remain few plants which are difficult. AK-47 is one of them. AK-47 is my child and I feel personally attached to it and responsible for the quality of it. Even in this time and age when 'new' plants and new names pop up every day, the original AK-47 remains to have a firm stronghold in the vast landscape of cannabis. Many not very original companies have copied AK-47 resulting in a wide variety of names, all resembling 'AK-47' as the standard model. The quality of the original however remains unsurpassed and it is for the sake of remaining that quality that we choose to not sell seeds, which were not exactly the same as the Serious AK-47. It is not difficult to use other plants to produce seeds and sell those as original AK-47, but sacrificing quality is not a Serious' option and the result was that we didn't sell seeds for a year. In the past we have sometimes changed parent plants of other strains, but this was always to improve a strain. For AK-47 we have selected the best parent plants already and we don't want to change them. That is why we are in this problematic situation now.

In general we have no problems producing female seeds, with the exception of AK-47. We do not want to compromise quality and want to use the same parent plants we always have to produce female AK-47 seeds. The White Russian is produced with an AK-47 male as and has therefore the same problem as AK-47 itself.

For the short term a possible substitute for people wanting AK-47 are the following options:
AK-47 regular seeds (with 70% females you can end up with more than 6 female plants!)
Our new strain 'Serious Happiness'. She is half AK-47 from the mothers side, crossed with a Warlock male.
Shape

We hope that AK-47 feminized and White Russian feminized will be back in stock and ready to be delivered to all our Serious partners in May 2015. We will keep you updated on the progress and to confirm that this date is the final one.

Thank you for being our reliable partner for all these years, without you there would be no serious seeds.

With best regards,
Simon.

Back
Top Bottom