Shottafire's Coco Top Fed Drip DTW Bubbas & Oranges

Looking good Shotta :thumb:

It's a line from the movie, but meant as a reference to the fact that your plants don't stop at just being perfect tens....they 'go to 11'..:green_heart:
Simply amazing!

Thank you carestaker... That is music to my ears.

Looking good Shotta :thumb:

Hey hiker, Good to see you lurk on through.

Hows your room coming? is it to max potential or are you squeezing more out of it?

Eh deez girls are grease monstahs. Smells ono. cant wait.

Tanks for all da reps and aloha, but brah you are growing brix and hands down I know its better.

I will get another kit cooking here soon and be back for more of that action fo garanz. Be over to your zone right after this.

Eh deez girls are grease monstahs. Smells ono. cant wait.

Tanks for all da reps and aloha, but brah you are growing brix and hands down I know its better.

I will get another kit cooking here soon and be back for more of that action fo garanz. Be over to your zone right after this.

Shit not much to see ill run into the garden and snap a few real fast. Don't want you to show up to my party and there's no smoke!

Hey shotta do u use pk 13-14 and if u do, do u use at for just one week like it says to or do u use it for last few weeks of bloom. I hav always followed the instructions on it and its worked great but I've heard ppl use it more. Was thinkin bout givin it a go just wanted to know ur thoughts on it.

Hey hiker, Good to see you lurk on through.

Hows your room coming? is it to max potential or are you squeezing more out of it?

Thanks Shotta

The room is not maxed yet. I'm in the middle of building out my veg area finally. (Flower room was expanded before last harvest) I'll have 2 2'x4' trays feeding the flowering room. This step will at least get me to perpetual on one side of my flowering room. Once I get more lighting for the rest of the flowering room, I'll be maxed out. I'm estimating to have 2 flowering cycles with a harvest every ~5 weeks going full swing by the end of the year. The lighting is the most expensive part, so it's gonna take a couple more harvests to generate enough capital.

Hey shotta do u use pk 13-14 and if u do, do u use at for just one week like it says to or do u use it for last few weeks of bloom. I hav always followed the instructions on it and its worked great but I've heard ppl use it more. Was thinkin bout givin it a go just wanted to know ur thoughts on it.

Personally I dont use it. I do think you can use it throughout but you have to reduce your base nutrients a little bit.

Remember this is my first rodeo with coco so i am learning. I have been using hydroplex and cannazym starting at 2 weeks 12/12.
Hydroplex 2ml a gallon and cannazyme 2 ml a gallon.

This week they are getting there koolbloom feeds and they are bulking up super nice.

If I was using pk 13/14 I would have started around the 3rd week really light and worked up a little bit until week 6 and cut it out 2 weeks before harvey.

Since this grow has gone well for me so far I am working on a feeding chart to follow for awhile to keep things simple and organized.

Thanks Shotta

The room is not maxed yet. I'm in the middle of building out my veg area finally. (Flower room was expanded before last harvest) I'll have 2 2'x4' trays feeding the flowering room. This step will at least get me to perpetual on one side of my flowering room. Once I get more lighting for the rest of the flowering room, I'll be maxed out. I'm estimating to have 2 flowering cycles with a harvest every ~5 weeks going full swing by the end of the year. The lighting is the most expensive part, so it's gonna take a couple more harvests to generate enough capital.

You have been working hard on that room and your results are great dude.

I love and hate perpetual sometimes. keep on keeping on hiker you are a great grower and love watching how you get down.

A couple cool photos of a calyx growing on a leaf.

DSCN92371.JPG
DSCN9238.JPG

DSCN9241.JPG

mmmmm.
DSCN9245.JPG

have a good day everyone.

You have been working hard on that room and your results are great dude.

I love and hate perpetual sometimes. keep on keeping on hiker you are a great grower and love watching how you get down.

High praise indeed. :bigblush:

I'm excited to get my veg area built. I'm gonna steal your drip feed system pretty much for my soil/coco plants. I'll make the PVC manifold removable so I can use the trays in both a drip and flood & drain configuration. Right now, the plan is to have 2 cycles in my flowering room, one the existing bucket system and the second will be soil/coco. The same veg setup is gonna feed both sides of the flowering room, so it will have to switch modes in between.

Do you think one drip line for each 5.5" (probably ~.5 - .7 gallon) pot is enough? I guess I can use bigger pots for soil. For the flood and drain the height matters. :blalol: hmmm... have to put a little more thought into this apparently :rofl:

I just finished building a second cloner last night. My old one had too many clones packed together, so I'll have the same #, just spread out into 2 totes. I've been waiting to finish that to take clones off moms. I'll give them about a week to recover from topping/clones, then they will get flipped. It's exciting because they are in my flowering room right now, and this will be the last time that space is not on 12/12! :yahoo:

Thanks for the compliments. I'm hoping my soil/coco ladies look as good as yours when they start flowering.
:Namaste:

Cheers for your opinion bro. I usually use h&g shooting powder and get great results but i had some pk here so im gonna use it up and try to compare the difference. Ur babies r lookin lovely. I'm at day 33 and they r lookin beautiful. Might b one of my best yet. Gonna go an extra week this time i think. The one with nute burn has bounced back nicely and is puttin on some nice weight. The smell is divine. Happy growing my friend.

Hey Shotta, your plants are looking awesome! I hope i can have plantd as healthy and vigorous as yours one day. I'm on my first attempt at coco, and also using #2 smarties, and I have to say I'm loving all of it. My question for you is how do you know that you're plants need to be watered twice a day? I've been reading BID's coco blog and he said to feed coco everyday. He said its not like soil so you don't use the pot weight test. So I went ahead and started doing that(feeding daily) and my plants look good, but now I'm wondering if they would do better getting fed twice per day? I usually feed at %50 so its light feeding and all my plants are about 2 ft tall and vigorous. Please swing by my journo and let me know what you tgink.

High praise indeed. :bigblush:

I'm excited to get my veg area built. I'm gonna steal your drip feed system pretty much for my soil/coco plants. I'll make the PVC manifold removable so I can use the trays in both a drip and flood & drain configuration. Right now, the plan is to have 2 cycles in my flowering room, one the existing bucket system and the second will be soil/coco. The same veg setup is gonna feed both sides of the flowering room, so it will have to switch modes in between.

Do you think one drip line for each 5.5" (probably ~.5 - .7 gallon) pot is enough? I guess I can use bigger pots for soil. For the flood and drain the height matters. :blalol: hmmm... have to put a little more thought into this apparently :rofl:

I just finished building a second cloner last night. My old one had too many clones packed together, so I'll have the same #, just spread out into 2 totes. I've been waiting to finish that to take clones off moms. I'll give them about a week to recover from topping/clones, then they will get flipped. It's exciting because they are in my flowering room right now, and this will be the last time that space is not on 12/12! :yahoo:

Thanks for the compliments. I'm hoping my soil/coco ladies look as good as yours when they start flowering.
:Namaste:

I have no doubt your girls will look as good if not better than mine. You got the skills, and I know this maaaaaannnnnn!

On the drippers I feel one dripper with a 1/4" t at the end is sufficient for a pot that size. You can also put a shutoff on each dripper line which helps you further customize the flow. I am building a couple larger ones next for the 1kw trays. Need to have everything converted and automated now. I am busy with my baby girl and wife and we want to do a couple vacations this summer. 5 day road/camping trips.

Cheers for your opinion bro. I usually use h&g shooting powder and get great results but i had some pk here so im gonna use it up and try to compare the difference. Ur babies r lookin lovely. I'm at day 33 and they r lookin beautiful. Might b one of my best yet. Gonna go an extra week this time i think. The one with nute burn has bounced back nicely and is puttin on some nice weight. The smell is divine. Happy growing my friend.

Sounds like things are rolling along nicely. I will smoke to that ya sick C***.. I need to learn heaps more ozzie slang from ya. hahaha

Hey Shotta, your plants are looking awesome! I hope i can have plantd as healthy and vigorous as yours one day. I'm on my first attempt at coco, and also using #2 smarties, and I have to say I'm loving all of it. My question for you is how do you know that you're plants need to be watered twice a day? I've been reading BID's coco blog and he said to feed coco everyday. He said its not like soil so you don't use the pot weight test. So I went ahead and started doing that(feeding daily) and my plants look good, but now I'm wondering if they would do better getting fed twice per day? I usually feed at %50 so its light feeding and all my plants are about 2 ft tall and vigorous. Please swing by my journo and let me know what you tgink.

Its hard to overwater the coco with a developed and healthy root system. You will know when the plants can no longer last on one feed a day. And in coco its better to feed many reduced strength feeds per day than one heavy feed per day. I feel feeding around 1-1.2 ec all the time is better. If i Step up to a heavier feed I try to get a little more runoff and only run it for a few days to a week during peak growth/swelling periods.

You are on the right track though. I will stop by again real soon.

I'll take the under.

Great crowd shottafire :thumb:, I heard it's standing room only in your yard, so I brought my old couch, will you help me carry it in?

I'll try to catch up w/out cheating. I hope the size of that (2 gallon) pot is on page 2. :peace:

Standing room only. Na there is a space here up front for neighbors close to me. You lost me on the 2 gallon pot on page 2 thing. Im all baked and trying to understand it. scratching head? hahahaha lol

Hi shottafire. Ive been watching with interest. :popcorn: That Orangebllom looks great and very intriguing. :ganjamon: I'm building my hydro closet in the garage this weekend, and am learning from your drip setup.

What does the house smell like with the Orangebloom going?

We got back from an Eagles Tribute tonite. No buds, no suds :straightface: So I'll be hitting my growroom, too. It's in the attic for now and it's too hot up there already during the day.

Once this stupid Rangers Hockey game is over I'll meet ya in the growroom :passitleft:. I've got some pretty good medicine with some Northern Lights in it to share!

<Edit on behalf of NYR... The game wasn't stupid. You guys restored my faith.>

Bro u got the Aussie slang sorted. Once u got c*** down packed ur pretty much an Aussie. We call our mates c***s and people we dont like mate and thats all there is to it bro.

Hi shottafire. Ive been watching with interest. :popcorn: That Orangebllom looks great and very intriguing. :ganjamon: I'm building my hydro closet in the garage this weekend, and am learning from your drip setup.

What does the house smell like with the Orangebloom going?

We got back from an Eagles Tribute tonite. No buds, no suds :straightface: So I'll be hitting my growroom, too. It's in the attic for now and it's too hot up there already during the day.

Once this stupid Rangers Hockey game is over I'll meet ya in the growroom :passitleft:. I've got some pretty good medicine with some Northern Lights in it to share!

<Edit on behalf of NYR... The game wasn't stupid. You guys restored my faith.>

Thanks for your interest KROQ! Man this oranjeboom is a sweet smelling pheno and it almost has no skunky bud smell to it. just sweet oranges, not until you touch the grease laden buds does it smell like herb. Outside the bloom room smells clean, we be scrubbin.

Glad you made it to the party dude and if you have any questions just ask!

Back
Top Bottom