Shrubhub's Bag Seed Grow - CFL DIY

Re: Shrubhub's bagseed grow. CFL DIY.

they grow better on a 18/6 schedule.

I read a study when I first started growing that showed root development VS above ground growth and how the different light schedules effect it. 18/6 had the most of both, plants that started 24/0 grew faster for the first month but once the above ground portion out grows the root structure they slowed down and having at least 6 hours of dark allows the plant more "rest time". I will keep them on this schedule from now until flower time.

I read a study when I first started growing that showed root development VS above ground growth and how the different light schedules effect it. 18/6 had the most of both, plants that started 24/0 grew faster for the first month but once the above ground portion out grows the root structure they slowed down and having at least 6 hours of dark allows the plant more "rest time". I will keep them on this schedule from now until flower time.

i think its better to go from 24/0 to 20/4 then 18/6 before flowering and going into 12/12 my grow now is on 20/4 and will switch to 18/6 2 week before flowering.

looking good,

shrub is spot on with the 18-6 vs 24-0 info, plants grown under 20-4 and 18-6 have better root development, more root means more growth as the plant can take in more of what it needs.

special kush is a nice plant to grow, i grew it a few times and was the same breeder as you listed so you should be ok with that, another nice strain is sensi star, it one of the best ive grown so far and always produces very well.

ive found it makes no difference changing the lighting schedule in veg so jumping from 24-0 down to 18-6 wont cause any problems, after all growers jump from 24-0 down to 12-12 without going through the other schedules in between so i wouldnt worry about that, ive gone from 24-0 down to glr, or from 18-6 down to glr with no problems, ive messed up veg schedules to see if it causes hermies and it dont make any difference and didnt give me plants that turned hermie in flower, messing the schedule up in flower will cause hermies so you will be ok doing what you did.

i can see in the pics you have the fan quite close to the plants, you dont want the fan blowing to hard on the plants at this stage as it will cause them to lose to much moisture in the leaves and they leaves will start to wilt, you can strengthen up the stems by giving the plant a shake a couple of times a day, if your using the fan then you just want a very gentle breeze across the tops of the plant, anymore and it will cause you problems,

if your after a strain that yields well and grows pretty quick then try ak47, a lot of breeders use ak47 to cross with as its a way of increasing yield for the end results, so ak47 will produce well but it also gets pretty big

Hey donpaul! thanks for the useful info as usual! The fan I have is pointing at the back wall and just a small amount bounces back to hit the plants , I did move them a little further away from it as I noticed some of the leaves to be dried out as you mentioned.

the topped plant is growing to new main stems very nicely doesnt look like i nicked any of the new fan leaves either.
1390830838720.jpg

1390830801280.jpg

also had some issues with high ph. started watering with ph 6.5 water. I used roots organic on all the new seedlings and the other two are happy frog mostly so it may be a little hot for seedlings.

those plants are way overfed, but they look like they'll make it.

you think thats from using primarily happy frog b.real?

if you're not feeding, for sure. I would do pure water for awhile.

also plants do grow better with a dark period. they secrete growth hormones during dark hours.

Re: Shrubhub's bagseed grow. CFL DIY

1391293674875.jpg
1391293697199.jpg
1391293730936.jpg

Ok so transplanted all the ladies into 1 gallon pots accept for the two smaller seedlings they went into a intermediate pot until they are bigger. Re positioned everything in the space and gave them all some water in their new homes. Re attached the LST on the one bonded plant. The topped one has two nice shoots growing off of it and as soon as the first node is strong enough I will top again at the second node of both shoots. I think its going well so far! The bonded plant has a very faint aroma coming from it already which gets me very excited!

1391365879601.jpg

a day after repot and the LST'd plant looks to be fighting its restraint already. Should I top this one as well? I realize the purpose of bending it is to allow the lower growth to act like a main stem, if I top it the plant should shift its energy to lower growth correct?

it's really up to you in regard to topping. I choose not to this round.

"hard to see in pictures but this one is showing pistils already which is extremely fast less than 3 weeks? could these be autos?"

could be. are you running less than 14 hours of light? your plants look good.

Back
Top Bottom