SkooterClowns - CFL Papaya Grow

posted, subscribed and strapped in. fill my head with knowledge and bud pics!

rock on, you clowns.

I kinda thought them all turning yellow like that was a good sign, meant they had roots and were eating themselves to feed them or something like that.

My friend gave me the mystery seed bag from a seed order of haze and NL, No idea what I will be growing but at least there is a chance it is a more pure strain than the potentially hermie seeds (I have tons of femmed seeds but not sure I trust them cuz one of their parents crossdressed) I have atm.

So I have the long process of cloning them all. Only doing 5 atm, figuring on at least two being male, if not I am screwed for space again or have to give them away (NOOOO NOT MY BABIES).

And keep up the great work clowns. :popcorn:

They'll come through skooter!

:peace:

Thanks for the encouragement Tokensmoke. And thanks for stopping by. We hope you're along for the ride.

posted, subscribed and strapped in. fill my head with knowledge and bud pics!

rock on, you clowns.

Welcome aboard newsisnoise! Please keep all your limbs within the confines of the car and enjoy the ride! :popcorn:

I kinda thought them all turning yellow like that was a good sign, meant they had roots and were eating themselves to feed them or something like that.

Well MountainHigh (and river wide LOL) I have been tellin' Slappy that for days now. The roots are taking all the nutes and energy and anything else they need to develop and the tops always look like hell at this point. He (and I) are always a bit nervous about the kids' survival. Truth be told we haven't been cloning for very long but we have never lost one yet so I am hopeful and somewhat confident that they will all survive in the end.

This sounds like it will be a fun and informative grow you Clowns have going.
I'm gonna tag along and learn and enjoy this one with you. Thanks for starting a journal for us all.:nicethread:

We're happy to have you along OldMedMan! Please don't hesitate to offer advice, suggestions, comments, questions and/or criticism. It's all good and in the end Slappy and I will be puffin' along happy as stoners with jars full of buds AND we'll have had a great time sharing the grow experience with all the fine people here at 420magazine.

I never imagined that participating in ANY internet forum would be so much fun and educational. This place is fantastic! :thanks:

Yo clowns
They look like they are trying hard to survive. Now I know you had to take more from the mothers ? how are they doing ? I took some about 3 days ago and they are all (but 2)perky again. You always have backup so dont worry. So after cutting them and the 3 hour drive. I put them in a domed flat , only spray on the leaves. 85degrees I just added 1" of nut to the tray and the look good
Kool
CYA

Yo clowns
They look like they are trying hard to survive. Now I know you had to take more from the mothers ? how are they doing ? I took some about 3 days ago and they are all (but 2)perky again. You always have backup so dont worry. So after cutting them and the 3 hour drive. I put them in a domed flat , only spray on the leaves. 85degrees I just added 1" of nut to the tray and the look good
Kool
CYA

Hey Sparky,
Ya these are trying hard to survive but I belive they are gonna make it just fine. Time will tell. The 2 I took from the NL are looking good. I haven't even had to spray the leaves. Sounds like if you lose 2 that would be a nice survival rate. Thanks for the reassurance that there are back ups available. When does you bud get them so that he can do his thing to keep them going for all of us?

Hey sparkalicious, thanks for having our backs...

Sounds like you got a good handle on the clones which eases my anxiety. I am really excited to grow this papaya....

More than likely we'll see you after the holiday........

Have a Merry Christmas!...Everyone!

Ok, Now here is the official update...

Although the set up in our box is great for growing and flowering it is not at all set up for cloning ...Skooter usually gets them to me already rooted or damn close and I just grow them out in the tubs

Well this time we went straight into tubs after cutting. Me, thinking I had a magic green thumb thought I would be able to pull it off........WRONG!

The clones are all but gone........Even if I were able to save them (which will take a small miracle) the stress that they have gone through will probably effect the quality as well as yield.

I am devastated! The only thing that makes it not hurt so much is knowing sparkalicious has our back.

So even though these don't look like they are going to make it we hope to continue this grow journal with the clones we get back from sparky.

I think the movement of the water washes away any cloning product and has no chance to work. and yes it will be goo to meet. I think I need atleast 8 more days before they are ready for a good home. no worries
Have yourself a happy holiday

I think the movement of the water washes away any cloning product and has no chance to work. and yes it will be goo to meet. I think I need atleast 8 more days before they are ready for a good home. no worries

Thanks Sparky...Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Man hearing about your clones is real sad :( But thats the way of life, we live and learn more every day.

I wish you a happy christmas and better luck on next batch ;)

Merry Christmas Stakkur! The cloning (and keeping the clones alive) is undoubtably the weakest part of our operation. As you said we live and learn and we did learn a lot on this go 'round of clones. Thanks for the words of encouragement. We will soldier on!
:xmas:

Merry Christmas everyone....

Thanks for the words of encouragement.....I'm sure we'll eventually figure it out (or at least figure some of it out)

yes it will be goo to meet. I think I need atleast 8 more days before they are ready for a good home. no worries

Cool.....thanks, 8 more days? no problem...would you be willing to hang on to them for 12 weeks?.....if you wouldn't mind, store them at 12/12......:thanks:

Going to enjoy some Christmas Kief now.......cheers :smokin:

G'day Skooter hope your jars chock o block full of bud are soothing the
disappointment of losing the clones. The new cuttings shouldn't be a
prob. I'm getting the vibe that they'll be well rooted by the time you get them. Hope the snow storms I saw on the US news aint freezing you and Slappy and haven't hammered you too hard.:peace::grinjoint:

hey groover...yeah...the jars full of bud do help easy the sorrow...I think sparkalicious has a good handle on the clones and will have them healthy and rooted for us...he has much more experience with clones than we do so we hope to learn alot from him...

I'll have to really get a handle on cloning seeing as I'm going to be the one who will be responsible (as responsible as a stoner could be at least) for the clones once we get the BIG room set up in a couple of months.

We got hit with a storm last weekend that dumped almost of foot of snow on me but that is almost gone after heavy rain today...just lucky it was too warm to be snow or it would have been really bad..

Hope you had a great holiday...and have a great (growing) new year!

and that goes for everyone

I've done a bit of cloning here and there(& not just ganja) and have had pretty good sucess. I'm building a little cloner after seeing Pitviper's results with an EZ Cloner. Maybe you should consider something like that if your gonna be needing a few for the BIG room. Man I would love to set up a bigger room and as soon as I can I will.:peace::grinjoint:

yo Slap daddy and Skoot
Hope the holidays are going well
Here we go
After taking hood off now for 3 days, getting a bit yellow, normal.
This morning the babies were all limp maybe a tad dry but I dont hink it was that.
Started to take the ball abart and no roots only ! had root and little.
So I cut them apart todat and recut so I hope were are ok.
I have never used these things coco pod somethings (first time no dirt F**K)
Anyways I think the cut bird made was allittle low. So I think with the new cuts if they can, they will all come back they looked OK. I took 1 of those things and cut it very fine(like F**KIN DIRT) and put it around the the newley cut stem so hopfully. We have chocolate chunk and maple leaf ready to clone also so howw knows.
Im sorry for the little setback wish I had better news. So in 5 6 days Ill let you know
Man what a way to wake and bake on a sunday It almost sent me straight F**KIN woh

Back
Top Bottom