SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkstar

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

Hey Slowtoke! Fast Journal!
Happy to be amongst everyone here. Looking forward to this. Looks like a fantastic start! I am eager to see the blue dream shine.

Shigitty, welcome and thanks for stopping by! :thumb:

Things are looking pretty good right now, although I need to grab that supplemental lighting for the veg tent ASAP. I can already see the little guys on the edges of the tent start to lean a little toward the light. An immediate trip to the 'bay is in order for four of those 6x10 Mars lights. I need to do that this afternoon.

I'm excited about the Blue Dream, too! It seems to do extremely well with the high brix soil, from the journals I've seen. I have high hopes for that one, both medicinally and recreationally! ;)

Re: SlowToke's High Brix Cancer Killer Grow Journal - Blue Dream/Critical Cure/Darkst

I'm in. Looks good as far as i see.

Cheers

Interested in seeing how your Critical Cure CBD strain does. I have a high CBD going right now called Otto, so I'm trying to keep track of what others are growing. Keep the pictures coming!

Interested in seeing how your Critical Cure CBD strain does. I have a high CBD going right now called Otto, so I'm trying to keep track of what others are growing. Keep the pictures coming!

I too have an interest in high CBD strains. My choice was Painkiller XL... I'll trundle over to your journal too for a look at Otto.

Yup, I'm in. I have 2 blue dreams in kit soil right now :)

Alright! Another Blue Dream fan! :thumb:

Welcome to my grow, Cannatard. Glad to have your here, and I'll be checking out your journal for sure. It'll be a big help seeing how your grow is going. :thanks:

Off to a great start slowtoke:thumb:

Thanks, Fopho, and welcome! I appreciate you stopping by.

Looking forward to more of your input as the grow progresses. :thanks:

Best of luck growing your meds. I'll follow along, but as a learner rather than someone who can help. I'm on my first grow and don't have a great deal of wisdom to impart. If anything crops up that coincides with my limited knowledge then I'll be sure to comment, otherwise I'll silently observe and send positive vibes your way.

Hi, Max! Welcome and nice to meet you. As a novice grower like you, I of course am looking for all the help I can get, but didn't mean to imply other new growers aren't welcome. I think there is a lot we can all learn from each other, no matter what level of experience. Feel free to participate any way that you want, and I hope you can learn something from my grow as well.

BTW, love the forum name! The early 80s... hehe... the youngsters these days don't know the good times they missed! :slide:

Checking in....will be watching. Please notify me on one of my threads if you need help.

Thanks Doc! I sure will. Great to know you've got my back. :thumb:

Looks like you are off to an excellent start! Nice pic's, too. :popcorn:

My buddy picked up 8 of those Mars lights. A steal at that price. I may get some for veg and get rid of the hps.

My tent temps are a lot more manageable with the LED lighting. Granted that's with only 350 watts of lighting, so maybe my opinion will change when I add another 500watts. But even in my flowering tray under 1200 watts, temps are ok and the plants seem happy. I'm pretty sold on the LEDs at this point.

huff..huff puff puff ..I made it...
another awesome HB grow coming to fruition :)

Hi Ziggy! Glad you could make it. I've been enjoying you grow journal, and look forward to your input.

Gonna grab a ride on this train for sure. I've got a High Brix grow scheduled for the near future and I'm a rank noob as well.

Coming back to look at my post in the light of day I think I should apologize for a picture of almost every seedling! Just a little over zealous with the camera, I guess, like a new father boring is coworkers to tears with pictures of his child. I'll try to restrain myself a little better in the future!

You should apologize, what do you mean "almost" every seedling?!? Where's the pics of the rest? What am I missing out on?

More pics, not less. :)

My buddy picked up 8 of those Mars lights. A steal at that price. I may get some for veg and get rid of the hps.

You'll lose some fans I'd guess. The light wars rage on. :)

huff..huff puff puff ..I made it...
another awesome HB grow coming to fruition :)

I took my time and saved my breath, old bull here. :)

I'm in. Looks good as far as i see.

Cheers

Welcome to my journal, millertm! I'm excited to get this grow going. One of the hardest things about high brix growing is waiting the month it takes to cook the soil!

High! It seems that me with you are in the same boat with the cancer thingy, and grow targets. I will follow your journal, as I will proceed to fill in mine ;}
BTW, your plants look amazing. I really enjoyed the first post pics, but is it just a bright lightning or the plants look lighter green?
Peace ;>

Hi Guano! :welcome:

I'm anxious to see how Critical Cure does as well. I don't know a ton about it, but it was recommended by CajunCelt who knows a ton about treating cancer with a combination of high THC/CBD strains. He considers CC to be his go-to CBD strain.

Is your Otto strain part of your current grow? I would like to keep up with how it's going with your strain, as I also want to broaden my knowledge of high CBD strains. Were did you get your seeds?

You don't need to encourage me on pictures! I'm the guy that just posted pic after pic of seedlings that all look exactly the same! :laugh:

I too have an interest in high CBD strains. My choice was Painkiller XL... I'll trundle over to your journal too for a look at Otto.

Great! Another high CBD strain! I'll check your journal for the strain data. Always looking to learn more about the CBD options.

Looks like you are off to an excellent start! Nice pic's, too. :popcorn:

Thanks, Major! It's great having you around. I've been very impressed with your posts on the high brix threads. You experienced HB growers have been a huge inspiration to me!

My tent temps are a lot more manageable with the LED lighting. Granted that's with only 350 watts of lighting, so maybe my opinion will change when I add another 500watts. But even in my flowering tray under 1200 watts, temps are ok and the plants seem happy. I'm pretty sold on the LEDs at this point.

If it helps at all, here's my experience with replacing HPS with LED;

I had a Mars II 400 (173 watts at the wall) and a 600w HPS with digital ballast. Temps were topping 100 degrees after a short time even with a 5" cool tube. If I ran the HPS at 400w temps would get to 94 after a few hours and I was forever opening the tent.

I replaced the HPS with a Mars II 900 (385 watts at the wall) and now even without opening the tent for many hours, temps never go over 88 degrees. Still high I know, but it's rare I leave the tent long enough to hit those temps, even after a day at work.

You should apologize, what do you mean "almost" every seedling?!? Where's the pics of the rest? What am I missing out on?

The ugly ones! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

pics, not less. :)

I can do that! You may regret it, but just remember you asked for it. :laugh:

took my time and saved my breath, old bull here. :)

Smart move. These little guys grow fast, but not that fast!

Thanks for looking in, RTK. It's great to have you here! :welcome:

High! It seems that me with you are in the same boat with the cancer thingy, and grow targets. I will follow your journal, as I will proceed to fill in mine ;}
BTW, your plants look amazing. I really enjoyed the first post pics, but is it just a bright lightning or the plants look lighter green?
Peace ;>

Hi, Bud! Thanks for coming by, and for the encouraging words. The light wasn't too bright. I'm currently running a 350watt fixture that I have set at about 70% power as the seedlings adjust to the light. I just went and took another look at the plants, and some are lighter than others, but most look about like the seedling pics I have seen from other growers. Ultimately, as the plants continue to grow they should start to develop a deep green and very shiny look to the foliage. If that doesn't happen, then I've done something wrong!

Sorry to hear you're another member of the Big C club, but it sounds like you know about the benefits of concentrated cannabis oil (CCO), so you have leg up on most people. It is a true shame that this knowledge isn't widespread and that CCO isn't a standard treatment for most types of cancer.

I'm reading a great book right now called "Stoned: A Doctor's Case for Medical Marijuana" by David Casarett, MD. He interviews a doctor who uses cannabis to treat cancer symptoms, who acknowledges that there are many hurtles to researching cannabis treatment of cancer, including lack of public funding, no financial gain for companies who might do the research, roadblocks by the DEA who continue to insist cannabis should continue to be considered a schedule 1 drug with no medical use, and and the reality that any drug that makes you feel good has a black mark against it. So the conventional medical world may come around a some point, but I'm not holding my breath.

Shoot me a link to your journal if you are keeping one. I'd love to follow your grow.

Back
Top Bottom