SmokerJoe's Indoor Organic Soil Bagseed Grow

Nothing particularly new to report so far today. Everything is looking as it should. Temps between 78-81 I moved the lights a bit closer to the seedlings to reduce the light footprint.I will raise the hps a inch a day and raise the led by 1 inch every other day.

Just turned the lights on when I got up. Its 70 in there right now. I feel I got a bad draw on the soil as this one has entirely more bark then I like but besides that nothing exciting to report.

to many chips of bark in the soil. Seedlings dislike the bark because thats just more they have the push out of the way to pop up. Also with to much bark its hard to tell if youve underwatered or overwatered since it retains water fairly well. A lot of the cheaper mixes will have more bark then the good stuff that you really want. To cut the manufacturing cost the cheaper soil will have more moss and bark and less of the guanos and kelps that you look for to have a vigorous growth.

They also add a lot of perlite to their mix because its a very cheap filler. Just a few of the techniques companies use to make you feel you are getting a good deal on something that is a average or below average product.

And happy Bob Marleys birthday to you as well

Hey Joe just checking in on your grow too. we pretty much at the same stage i think i just a head of you by a month. curious to see the difference between both of ours since we gonna be close to the same time frame in the grow. be kinda cool to see how much better your turns out than mine. it will show others the difference between someone that has been growing for a long time and someone that has been growing for less than a year and really doesn't know much about growing like myself. I've learned pretty much everything i know from this great forum and the awesome people like yourself that share your knowledge:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom