Spring's Obvious - Stealth Grow!

Re: Spring's Obviouas/Stealth grow!

Sorry guys. Smokem pointed out I failed to be specific on my tent size and lights!

Tent: 4x2x5
Light: 600 watt hps or MH ( have both )
Fans: 250 cfm inline fan and filter, plenty of secondary fans if needed.

Holy sinsemillia, spring,

trust you to choose a skunky sativa for an "obvious/stealth" grow. :woohoo:

Perfect choice. It has the potential to be pretty obvious, so you better be stealthy :)

They seem to handle high temps well. This will be interesting.

KNOCK KNOCK = Smokems here!!!
Hey budsy, I managed to make it here so is there will you be posting mostly now yeh? Anyways, that wooden shed in the post - Not sure if it was ur post or not? But that would be good - You could run air thru the bottom of it so no one would notice and just a vent at the top of some kind and your on your way!
If the strain is ok in warmer temps, youll be fine with mostly recirculated air - Ive done 2 straight grows without any direct air other than what was in the room, I just had 3 or 4 fans positioned that did the job for me, and I found if I waterd twice over the day instead of the one, they do better as youre feeding half your feed in the morn, and if its hot and causing alot of Evap. adding the rest before lights out ensures she s getting enough fluids in her - you prob dont have to do this, its just something I did when temps were up due to being summer here. Shit, the average 34*C outside temps, plus a 600w pumpin 18/6 made the place like a sauna - but again, still only recirculated air in the room used. I do have a vent I can slide open to allow some fresh air in I usually have this partially opened so there s some air coming in I guess.
You will sort it out - I have faith pal! So is your space 4ft Hx2ftDx5ft W?? And how many are you thinking of putting in there?
Prob only want a couple yeah? Either way, theres always a solution for a problem so if your stuck with any plotting of your grow - Im sure some of the great DIY ers on here will be able to point you in the right direction;)
Take it easy buddy, I think Im subbed now? Chat soon, Smokemupm8:bravo:

Oh yeah soz just a quick Q mate.....
About the BPN products that youve used in your grows, well in flower, Do you feed a combo of some Early Bloomer/Liquid Blue together? As this is what Ive been doing, say 15ml EB, 15ml LB - along with a little liquid Seaweed about 15ml p/10L..
I dont know if I should still be feeding any Vita Blue, I havent for about 2 weeks - it says to stop around week 6 of flower, So I may drop it out altogethr soon.
And as Ive said, it appears to me as if Lucy has grown/matured somewhat faster than my previous indoors, not sure if its strain or the extra BPN goodies:)? If its strain, well then I will be expecting about 7-8oz dry only from her.. Least if Im under setimating, if I gain on it, its a bonus!
Anyways, thanks for your time. Smokem..// :high-five:

Thanks to all!!! Glad your on board. GK, The garage is roughly 30' x 50' maybe bigger..? In like what your getting at..Ricorico, That shed is awesome and stealth!!!! The popcorn seems a bit green! AHHHHHHHH. Flavored with THC!

That's a pretty large space relative to the tent, you could probably get away without having to bring fresh air in, or extract outside (assuming the air temp in the garage isn't very hot to start with) - if you just recirculated the air from the tent into the garage it's a large enough space that temps and humidity will equalise to pretty near that of the garage without the tent running. Will save you having to make holes / install ducts to the outside and from a stealth point of view will make life a bit easier if you need to disassemble in a hurry (and saves any awkward Qs about why you might need to vent a tent externally)

Smokem, GK, and Ricorico
Thanks guys..Smokem I follow the suggested schedule set out by BPN for the 2 part high yield.Blue Planet Nutrients Grow/Bloom 2-part Application guide I'm not ready to break away from it! I do add some cal/mag (tsp per gallon) because I'm superstitious! I like the ideas you have and I'm going to set up the tent today and run it with a few pepper plants to get it right. Should take a few days to see any corrections of errors. The garage does get a bit hot. temps can get up to 90 easily with 52% rh or higher. Thats why I chose to grow The Church strain. She handles higher RH and temps well. Ill be pushing her traits too the limit. I'm gonna gro 2 girls and take the best. I still have my heart set on a single grow and I like Green knights idea of a quick breakdown. Never know! Ricorico...I know..... The Church is not a good choice for stealth! Ill have to tackle that issue when it comes..The filter will help a bit but not 100%.

Started the tent set up...Damn its hot in there!! At 100% power the 600 watt hps makes the tent 118 and 25% RH. Wow! That is fully closed with no fans. All passive vents are open (3) at the bottom 2 at the top. Put a small 4" fan at the bottom pushing fresh air in and placed a 4" at the top pulling hot air out. made it 117! Now I'm going to go up in the attic and unbolt my 250 cfm inline fan and set it up pulling hot air out through the filter. Wonder if I switched the dimmable ballast to 50% power it will hurt the grow? Here are a few pics of how it looks so far. Not gonna germ until I have it dialed in.

imagejpeg_4_10_.jpg
imagejpeg_3_10_.jpg
imagejpeg_2_9_.jpg
imagejpeg_2_10_1.jpg
imagejpeg_4_9_.jpg
imagejpeg_3_9_.jpg

Hooked up a temp set up with my inline fan. Temps are at 97 but at 50% power to the light. Just switched it to 75% to see. I was really hoping to avoid CFL's. Just because I have this damn 600 watt setup and now its too hot!! Damn..Shit!!!! Ill get her dialed in but I lose more stealth as I do.. Tonight Im gonna throw in the 250 cfl and hood. See how she does.

imagejpeg_2_11_.jpg

Reps for preps :)

Overcome the sun and your HPS deamons!

Use the stealthy veg power of CFL. Keep em small and nodey.

Surround them in cfl, save your neighbours the embarresment of asking you if the sun really does shine out of your ass :)

should keep the temps down in veg and give you time to get a heat exchanger or air washer before bloom.

I'm thinking an old fridge with 2 holes at the sides and cool craft beer inside :)
I like the way you think:thumb:
an old working fridge a duct from the fridge to the tent. whats not to like cool weed and how stealthy is a old refrigerator in a garage.
perfect. and have a rep:)

Back
Top Bottom