Sqwheels' Perpetual 2L Hempy + Moms

"all I did was make sure the water level didn't fall below the nodes I wanted to root... no humidity dome, no misting, no cubes to get moldy or chalky, no wilting whatsoever...just clip it, peal/trim/pinch the lowest greens away and stick it in water, and..."

This is just about the same method I just adopted of perlite and water. The perlite seems to hold them in place nicely. I had one show good roots after 5 days and I'm still waiting on the other newer ones. I like not needing to soak cubes first, just grab a solo, some perlite, and some H2O and good to go!!

Hey Sqwheels!

Everything's looking nice and green! I'm with OG! I had meant to suggest you enter her in the POTM contest when you harvested...Not sure why I didn't...but I'm sure there was some vaping involved in my oversight! :rofl:

For smaller bottles, nothing's coming to mind at the moment...but I think I would check out Home dePot, Walmart, maybe even the Tupperware isle of the grocery store or a dollar store, and see what size and shape water/juice/cleaning supply bottles they might have that you think would work for you. :thumb:

:Namaste:

Sqwheels, not sure how your tap water is but I've been using the three part from BPN for a little while with my tap water. My tap comes out at 220 to 230ppm. On my Lemon Lazerlite I'm feeding her Monster Bloom at 75%, she seems to be happy as can be.

I always add my additives then Micro, Grow and Bloom.

Your girls are looking great, not sure about the issues. :sorry:

Hey Sqwheels, don't worry about the broken top, just start training the branches now. Look for pump tops for your nutes, maybe try a beauty supply place. Now you have a bunch of room. Slip an AC in the window and you could go year round.

Hi J85,

I like this method of cloning best because it's so simple...KISS. I'm not sure exactly when the first roots appeared, obviously they've been growing for a while, they're 3"+, but I'm waiting on 4 more that were clipped on the 16th, nothing as of yesterday, but I'm watching more closely with these so I can tell just how long it takes.

The perlite would make them more stable, but I'm using little yogurt cups and I think in my case it may hinder pulling them out of the cup and not damage any roots, I can transfer these into hempy at any point now and they'll take good with little care, actually this is the 3rd time I've rooted like this, but with the others I added just a touch of diluted clonex gel, this time it was water only, and seems to have worked fine. I hate paying for something that I don't really need.

:peace:

Hi Sqwheels -

First I agree with OG13 on the POTM entry. I think it would represent very well personally - it really is a very pretty plant. Not just saying that either.

Second, not sure on your issue -- I hate to ask, but have you ruled out bugs? Some sort of insect pressure? (I hope that's not it).

Congrats on the harvest and the yummy looking bud! :high-five:

Hi X,

I almost missed your post, it fell in between my two updates. Thanks for saying that...I could enter her I guess, it's just a matter of a couple pics, a description...and my pride.

I'm pretty sure there are no bugs...my eyesight isn't what it used to be, but I look at them close every day...training purposes. If something is in there, they haven't set up house IN the plant. But my veg room is the closet with my crawlspace trap door...do regular household spiders eat MJ? I'm sure, even tho I vacuum in there often, that there is the occassional spider. But even that wouldn't account for her not eating. Right?

Harvest time is always fun...I'm very happy with her yield, if I could grow a few like her next fall, I'd be thrilled.

Hi Vape,

Dollar store...my thoughts exactly on the small bottle thing...I'll find something cheap somewhere. I'll have to ask Corey about settling/shaking them up, tho they all look clear for the most part, maybe they don't separate like the GH I've been using.

The POTM competition is a little intimidating...we'll see. Thanks for the thought, makes me feel good y'all think she's that pretty. I'm bias, I loved that little plant. Can't wait for her to get a good cure. IMO Wonder Woman improves with time.

:high-five:

Hi HMG,

"I always add my additives then Micro, Grow and Bloom"

what "additives"?

Corey said to use RO...never know for sure what's in tap...that was my problem a year ago, pretty sure the calcium in my tap in really high and was causing lockout issues. They went away when I started using a mix of RO/tap. I'll probably end up staying with that...why fix it if it ain't broke...ya know. I'll see today when I mix another batch of feed. I'll be using BPN and RO/tap...see what happens with that...hopefully not another nightmare.

Hi OG,

Ya, the broken top is no big deal, just a little bummed because I wanted to LST these girls out long around a pot...but the branchs will start growing more now and I'll just tie those too.

My husband has been trying to talk me into a window a/c for years now...I don't want it. I don't like the fake air...I like my windows open...fresh air, lots of fans to keep the air moving, both ceiling and turbo floor models. Granted every once in a while I wish we could cut the humidity but MI only gets a couple weeks a year of really hot/humid weather, and it doesn't usually all happen at once...2-3 days in the 90's and then back to normal mid 70's -80. But lately I've been thinking more about it...because I could grow all year round. But then again the cost is a consideration too.

Pump tops...great idea! Thanks

Hi OMM,

I know what you mean, I haven't been to your journal in a few days now...I bet I'm 10+ pages behind again...see u soon!

Hi Vape,

Dollar store...my thoughts exactly on the small bottle thing...I'll find something cheap somewhere. I'll have to ask Corey about settling/shaking them up, tho they all look clear for the most part, maybe they don't separate like the GH I've been using.

The POTM competition is a little intimidating...we'll see. Thanks for the thought, makes me feel good y'all think she's that pretty. I'm bias, I loved that little plant. Can't wait for her to get a good cure. IMO Wonder Woman improves with time.

She was a beauty...I wouldn't think twice about entering her!

I put my old White Widow bonsai in the contest really to bring some attention to the whole bonsai mother methodogy...I never thought she would win, but I thought folks might like taking a look! Boy was I right...I was surprised at all the positive comments and reps!

Lots of peeps run a window AC just in the "bedroom" to help w/ sleeping and keep the rest of the house open....We only run ours when it gets miserable here.

She was a beauty...I wouldn't think twice about entering her!

I put my old White Widow bonsai in the contest really to bring some attention to the whole bonsai mother methodogy...I never thought she would win, but I thought folks might like taking a look! Boy was I right...I was surprised at all the positive comments and reps!

Hi Vape,

That's the plant that got me hooked...I loved it the minute I saw it!

Ok, I'll do it...I'll find a couple of good pics of her and enter...bring some attention to bonsai, who knows maybe others will find this style of growing as fun/fasinating as I do. And her yield was pretty good considering her size. I got more from her than any 4 2L's I've grown and she took up the same sq ft. I'll just have to get over myself and not worry about how many votes she does/doesn't get.

Thanks Vape, and all who encourage me daily thru words and actions.

I don't think I've said it lately...I love
:420:

Hi OG,

That's what he keeps telling me...but I'm still resistant. Although I've given it a lot more thought because of my girls. The trouble will come when it's so hot he wants to cool the entire house, and the lights are OUT...that bedroom door has to stay closed to be light tight.

Hi HMG,

"I always add my additives then Micro, Grow and Bloom"

what "additives"?

Corey said to use RO...never know for sure what's in tap...that was my problem a year ago, pretty sure the calcium in my tap in really high and was causing lockout issues. They went away when I started using a mix of RO/tap. I'll probably end up staying with that...why fix it if it ain't broke...ya know. I'll see today when I mix another batch of feed. I'll be using BPN and RO/tap...see what happens with that...hopefully not another nightmare.

Any thing other than your base nutes (Grow,Micro,Bloom). For me I add Dutch Master Gold Range Zone than the Bloom Booster, than my base nutes.

:thumb: ok, gotcha...was just wondering

Hi OG,

That's what he keeps telling me...but I'm still resistant. Although I've given it a lot more thought because of my girls. The trouble will come when it's so hot he wants to cool the entire house, and the lights are OUT...that bedroom door has to stay closed to be light tight.

Just sleep in the room with the plants and add some beneficial CO2 to the grow. That way you and the plants can be cool. Keep the door shut to "save electricity" and keep the light out.

Hi Vape,

That's the plant that got me hooked...I loved it the minute I saw it!

Ok, I'll do it...I'll find a couple of good pics of her and enter...bring some attention to bonsai, who knows maybe others will find this style of growing as fun/fasinating as I do. And her yield was pretty good considering her size. I got more from her than any 4 2L's I've grown and she took up the same sq ft. I'll just have to get over myself and not worry about how many votes she does/doesn't get.

Thanks Vape, and all who encourage me daily thru words and actions.

I don't think I've said it lately...I love
:420:

Yea! :party: I'll be watching for her!

Back
Top Bottom