Sqwheels' Perpetual 2L Hempy + Moms

Hi SpiriTHC,

:thanks:

Smoke report on the Wonder Woman will most likely be a repeat...I've grown her several times now and she never disappoints me. The PE however, I've only harvested one other...we'll see how this one turns out. She sure smells good, I can say that.

Yep, she's gone...has been for days now. :rip:

I've got a few to choose from...No, I haven't decided yet. I've got to create more space first. I've got a couple ideas...Update soon as I can

:peace:

Hi Puff,

Most of my clones have been done in rooting cubes and hempy mix, so I can't actually see them like those who use a "cloner" type setup. I only wait until I'm sure they have a good root system. When I can tell they're actively growing again on top I know they have good roots, that's when I switch them to 12/12. They start as a 5-7 node clone (maybe 4" tall) in the cube and they've grown another node or two (barely can tell that second leaf set is growing) when I switch...usually about 5-6" tall. This last run I let them veg a little longer (by about 1 week) after seeing that new growth and they ended up avg 14" the other times they were only avg 12" and I usually get 7-8 grams per plant. This is why I think I'm going to grow the bonsai instead...I can't duplicate 420fied's results with the 2L hempy...but the Wonder Woman bonsai I just harvested a couple weeks back gave up 42grams, and she only took as much space as 4 2L's. 28-30g vs 40+. Seems like a no brainer for me. Anyway, hope this helps.

:rollit:

Hi Folks :ciao:

It's Update time once again...this will probably be one of the last updates to this journal. I'll be closing it with a final weight/smoke report on the latest Wonder Woman and Pineapple Express harvest. I cut them Sunday, they are hanging now.

Here's a few parting shots...
First - Friday, morning of the last day of 12/12, 5 WW and 1 PE (far right)
DSCN21082.JPG

A few close ups...Wonder Woman
RSCN2171.JPG

DSCN21172.JPG

DSCN21042.JPG

DSCN21222.JPG

PE
DSCN21131.JPG

Sunday night just before I chopped them
DSCN21231.JPG

and hanging
DSCN21292.JPG

The veg room is becoming quite full...I plan to move them into the flower room for the summer, it's twice the size and I can put a few more cfl's in there, I think my girls may be suffering from not enough light. I need to at least spread them out a little
DSCN21612.JPG

DSCN21622.JPG

Northern Lights x Big Bud...top before training
DSCN21311.JPG

You can see where I broke her growing tip a couple weeks back, she has recovered nicely. I'm going to trim those two big fans off. I think it's ok to remove them now that those branchs are good and healthy
DSCN21331.JPG

after trim
DSCN21341.JPG

and after tied down
DSCN21372.JPG

here's one from the top after some more tying
DSCN21412.JPG

Blue Widow...from below, you can see how hard she fights the training...I wonder if I shouldn't have tried LST with her, her stalk is thick and doesn't like to bend
DSCN21442.JPG

top before tying
DSCN21452.JPG

you can see all the new growth deep inside, I'm trying to keep these exposed to the light as much as possible
DSCN21462.JPG

I must have tied her too tight, I scarred her stalk early on, but it doesn't look too bad now
DSCN21512.JPG

from the top, after some more training
DSCN21502.JPG

after retying the growing tip
DSCN21551.JPG

I wonder if tying her down is affecting her growth, this tip looks funny this morning...kinda twisted
DSCN21652.JPG

As always...feedback, suggestions, ideas...are welcome

Hope you enjoy

:green_heart:

Happy Growing Everybody

:party: Very nice...+reps!

I agree with OMM...nothing to worry about, they're just doing what they do. But LSTing does slow down the growth while the plant tries to figure out what's going, on and redistributes auxins to the "new" apical buds.

:Namaste:

Don't worry there Sqwheels, be a little rough with them, it makes them stronger. If you keep them bushing out all summer, you will have a huge scrog come cooler weather, with just the 2 plants. Come later summer, you should start a new strain or two to have ready for fall.

Absolutely agree with the prior posters. I've noticed that even a little resistance and tying down, with some persistance will force the other nodes to get more active and attempt to take up the lead. From there, it's like a game of 'whack a mole'. Just keep tying down the tall one!

They look great Sqwheels!

Hey Sqwheels,

Fantastic job, that PE looks marvelous!!!:bravo::bravo:

I switched them to 12/12 pretty much 2 weeks ago and I'm not even a little worried about hermies.

The overall health is great, just a few leaves here and there. Unfortunately though, I am about that far behind in my journal. I have been very busy the past couple weeks preparing for the new baby, and even busier the past couple days in the hospital. Riley is here now though and I am hoping to update soon, just takes so long to get pictures sorted. I have over 1,000 pictures of this grow already.

My cheese stopped stretching 10 days in and stayed at 25". However the 2 days I was in the hospital the others decided to make a run for it to see who could hit the light first. One grew 3 inches in those two days, one was 7" below the light when I went in, thought that should be plenty of room for 2 days. Came home to it being 3" away from the light, and the leaves were turned up with the tip almost touching the bulb.

The others in the back are now even with the bulb (glad those were off the the side and not under the light!!).

Hi OMM, Vape, X, OG, Bass, J85, Gonna make this a combo reply to save some time. Thanks for all the encouragement ... you guys rock.

OMM -- Ya, they pull hard on their restraints, I have to do a little training almost every day or they are unruly. It surprises me how fast they readjust to the ties. I'm trying to keep them level with the top of the pots...I'll have to replant soon I think and I want the branchs long enough to tie on to the edges of the bigger pots, but they are really persistant at reaching for the light/wanting that vertical growth.

X -- "whack a mole" -- :rofl: love it. Yes, that's what I'm doing...daily

OG -- I'm pretty rough with them... just today, actually, I broke another growing tip off :oops: it was one of the side branchs this time...but that makes twice now.

Vape -- Thank you for the reps, much appreciated... ya, they do seem to be growing a little slower, but I thought it the was low dose nutes I feed. I'm keeping it around 600 so they don't grow out of control...I moved some into the flower room so they have a little more space, I left the 2 Wonder Woman clones in the little room closer to the light, and last night I paper towelled 3 new beans :yahoo:I couldn't help myself, I've got more space now.
Bass -- Thanks a lot...glad you like. I'm pretty happy with myself...and the girls :yummy:

J85 -- Good to know. I've been behind for over a week now...playing catch up for days it feels like. Sounds like you've been extra busy too...new baby huh? Riley, that's a very nice name, boy or girl? I'll have to catch up on your journal as soon as I can. Congrats and take care of momma and baby. Get around to the journal and pics when you can. :high-five:

Hi Folks :ciao:

It's Monday again...I've been so busy I don't know where last week went...but we got the bathroom makeover almost done. I've got the best husband/son & TJ/friends a girl could have. :love: They all pitched in last weekend to make it happen.

I finally got the last harvest cut up and weighed...wow, what a disappointment, but not completely unexpected. This is the only shot I managed to get...each little pile is one plant, PE is front and center, all weighed in about 6 grams...I got 32.5 total, PE was 5.5g, WW was 27g. I had several issues with this grow, algae, gnats, excessive heat, which probably accounts for the low weight. I'll give it a couple more weeks to cure before I smoke any of it. Hopefully what little there is will cure up well.
DSCN2185.JPG

I was able to move some stuff around this week and expand my growing space, I'll be vegging in the flower room for a while, this way the bigger girls will have space to grow and the baby girls can be close to the lights
DSCN21871.JPG

my honey hung a simple bracket & bar across the room so I could hang some cfl's
DSCN21893.JPG

Veg room this morning
DSCN22001.JPG

I've been using Blue Planet Nutes for a few weeks now, but don't think I have things dialed in...Wonder Woman bonsai and Blue Widow are both showing signs of deficiency...I think P, here's several shots, suggestions are always welcome and appreciated
DSCN21723.JPG

DSCN21733.JPG

DSCN22012.JPG

DSCN22201.JPG

RSCN2226.JPG

RSCN2227.JPG

RSCN2228.JPG

RSCN2231.JPG

DSCN2221.JPG

RSCN2230.JPG

DSCN22062.JPG

A few of the LST victims
Blue Widow also has a couple bad leaves
DSCN22112.JPG

DSCN2212.JPG

DSCN22101.JPG

Northern Lights x Big Bud
DSCN22131.JPG

DSCN22141.JPG

After making some room in the veg side I couldn't help myself...I papertowelled 3 new beans on Friday...all three popped over the w/e and got put into a cube this morning. From Nirvana...1 Aurora Indica and 1 White Rhino, and a G13 Labs Blueberry Gum...I was so impressed with OMM's WR I had to give mine a try.

:green_heart:

Happy Growing Everybody

Hello there Sqwheels! :thumb:

Well, you did have a few battles on your hands this time.....don't we all.....however those are nice piles of nugs there and they look really good. THsea gave me a sample of PE this week and I'm sold, that is the best and craziest smoke I've tried. She wont be in my next grow, I have already gemmed my girls for the next one, but after that, there will be PE in it for sure. After a good cure....all of them....will be good! :high-five:

I'm really happy that the remodeling is almost done. Your gang have really stepped up for you....not that they don't every time, your new spaces and the room with CFLs is dynamite! Give them a hand shake or a hug for me.

Not sure why your leaves are doing....hopefully when you get you BPN dialed in that will cure the problems.

Like your next choices of seeds......Good luck with the WR.....mine is hagging right now! :party:

Hey sq, what rates of nutes are you using with each part? You should be using nearly equal amounts of each part. Also, what is the ph of the nutrient solution before you feed your plants? Have you tested the ph of the run off?

Hey Sqwheels, like the new changes to the room. Make sure to add a "safety" chain or rope to those clamp on lamps. I have had the rubber clamp part slip off a rod like that and break the plant below.

Hi Folks,
Sorry for my lack of replies all week, I've been trying to catch up on a bunch of my subbed journals and working on fixing my nute/pH problems and other projects around the house, along with all the events that come with the summer months. Wow...busy,busy.

OMM, thanks for all the kind words and encourangement...as of now I still haven't tried the PE I just harvested, but I have sampled the fruits of April's harvest of PE and she's definately good, I'm sure this last one will be just as good after a couple months.

OG, Thanks for the tip...I did actually have that thought, but haven't yet done it. I should make that a priority, I don't want any broken plants

BPN, We've talked on this now a few times and I'll be including all the results in my new journal... coming soon.

Just a few final comments about this grow and journal...

after about 3 weeks the final dried weight was just over 30 g, that's an average of 5 grams each, quite a disappointment, but a good learning experience non the less. I had issues with algae and heat and I think my GH nutes may have been getting old and causing some pH problems toward the end.

By far, my favorite way to grow is the bonsai style plants and I'll be concentrating on that in my next journal, my success with that little Wonder Woman was my best to date.

I want to give a big :thanks: to all who helped my along the way :high-five:
:420: and it's members are the best...:circle-of-love:

New journal coming soon...Sqwheels' Garden - Powered by Blue Planet Nutrients

Just a few final comments about this grow and journal...

after about 3 weeks the final dried weight was just over 30 g, that's an average of 5 grams each, quite a disappointment, but a good learning experience non the less. I had issues with algae and heat and I think my GH nutes may have been getting old and causing some pH problems toward the end.

By far, my favorite way to grow is the bonsai style plants and I'll be concentrating on that in my next journal, my success with that little Wonder Woman was my best to date.

I want to give a big :thanks: to all who helped my along the way :high-five:
:420: and it's members are the best...:circle-of-love:

New journal coming soon...Sqwheels' Garden - Powered by Blue Planet Nutrients

I thought you did a great job on this journal......You were learning as you went and I'd say you learned much about all facets of growing. I consider you one of the better growers on 420. You don't do a thing unless you are sure of yourself....that's just plain old smart. Thanks for the good times and I learned a bit too! :bravo::goodjob::Namaste:

Great grow and journal Sqwheels! Thank you for sharing your grow and your beautiful plants/pics. I planted a Pineapple Express seed the other day... Can't wait to grow it out - hope it looks as good as yours! :) :)

:goodjob: Can't wait for your next journal.

OMM,

ya, I learn a little more with every grow...even if it's only what NOT to do next time :rofl:

I don't know about "one of the better growers" :bigblush: (thanks for the vote of confidence) I feel like I know about a thimbles worth out of an ocean of info, but I know I learn a lot from all here and if I can reciprocate that in some way thats great. I'm so glad you were along for the ride...I'll try to get the new journal up this w/e

:peace:
Sq

Back
Top Bottom