Sqwheels' Perpetual 2L Hempy + Moms

I can't wait to see 8 of the bonsai moms under that light come fall, or 6 if you get them nice and big over the summer. Then you start 6 new clones and let em veg while those are flowering.... Looking great, I think you beat the summer heat.

Hi OG,

I've been thinking about that for a couple weeks now, I don't know if I can bonsai them that quick. With my set up they are slow growing, the PE I've got is 2+ months and still quite small, but that's what I'm working on.

Thanks for stopping by, so nice to see you.

:peace:

Wowza, your plants look really great Sqwheels - but then they always do I think!

You take such nice pictures, and yes, i really could see the amber trichomes if I looked close! I just love your garden, your pics, and your journal.

:circle-of-love:

Oh, and on your PE with the PPMs going up in the runoff... maybe she was just more thirsty than hungry?

Much positivity your way - and thanks for being a great friend. :)

Hi X,

Nice call on the ppm thing, I didn't think of that.

Thanks for all the kind words, it makes the efforts all worth it when you know people are enjoying it.

Hope this finds you and yours well and happy!

:Namaste:

Hi Folks :ciao:

Mondays Update...one day late :sorry: ...sooo busy

I harvested the Wonder Woman bonsai...pulled her out of the flower room Thursday just before lights out, and chopped her down on Sunday...I took several pics because I won't see her again and I really enjoyed growing her, this pic is blurry, but I wanted to show size and this is the only one I took

DSCN19345.JPG

This one is better

DSCN19304.JPG

from below

DSCN19382.JPG

and a profile, not sure which view I like best

DSCN19462.JPG

Here she is hanging, I had to cut her into pieces...she wasn't going to dry good left in one piece

DSCN19793.JPG

The Flower room is quite empty now...5 Wonder Woman @ 48 days and 1 Pineapple Express @ 40 days, all in 2L hempy

DSCN19615.JPG

When these finish I'll shut down the flower room and just be working on bonsai moms for next fall's grow, here's a few bud shots, sorry PE got lost somehow...no pic of her this week

RSCN1985.JPG

RSCN1984.JPG

RSCN1986.JPG

RSCN1987.JPG

These are the latest additions to the garden...Blue Widow(L) and Northern Lights x Big Bud(R). I'm working on LST with these girls, I've never done this before, so if you see something I'm doing wrong, or I'm not doing something I should be... TELL ME!

DSCN19763.JPG

A couple of close ups...

Blue Widow

DSCN19682.JPG

DSCN19703.JPG

NLxBB

DSCN19723.JPG

DSCN19743.JPG

Looks Wonderful as usual sqwheels :thumb:

Glad you cut up Wonder Woman. Really not good to have branches touching each other. Can cause mold some times.

Your growing girls look wonderful as per you're usual.

The LST is nice.....if you have enough pot room. slowly bend them around the pot....more tops that way. Almost every where there is a leaf that is on a bent stem there will be another top. They really look healthy too!
:thumb:

I'm really loving the flowered WW bonsai! Just beautiful! :adore:

You should enter POTM with that frosty WW. LSTs are looking good, follow OMMs advice, try to grow them around the pot's rim in a circle to keep the footprint small. Easier to move around. You know we are all waiting to hear what the yield is.....

Hi Yall, been so busy, I haven't kept up very well this week...gonna make this a combo reply just so I can go catch up on my reading

SpiriTHC,

:thanks: I think they're pretty too. :rollit:I often find myself just sitting and staring at them.

OMM,

Ya, that WW would never have dried properly if I hadn't chopped her into several pieces, she was really thick with buds. The LST thing is going good...yep I'll make her grow around her pot, just working on making her bend where I want her to, if she continues as good as she's growing right now, she'll be a monster by next fall. Thanks for the compliments...much appreciated :love:

Vape,

I also love the bonsai, thanks for turning me on the that btw...it's my favorite way to grow them now, small and managable for me. The next one will be a little better I think...she looks really good now, I hope I can keep her small til fall, she's already as big as the one I just cut :yahoo:

Bassman,

:thanks:...let's hope the plan pans out...

OG,

I'd be embarrassed to enter her...I know you've seen the competition in those contests. She's small compared to some of the monsters that get entered, I can't imagine anyone would think she's as beautiful as I do. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

I'll be getting that final weight soon, I spent the better part of 2 days trimming this week. She's in paper bags now. Sticky stuff!!! I love that scissor hash :tokin:

I'm practicing the LST...just like OMM described it, so far they only have the one bend at the stem base...I'm letting them grow to the edge of the pot before I bend again...they'll end up in bigger pots eventually and I'm trying to account for that. They look good so far.

Mr. K,

:thanks: kind sir...love the compliment, coming from such a fine grower such as yourself...it means a lot!!!

Gotta go catch up on some reading...Thanks for looking,

:green_heart:

Hello sqwheels. Glad everything seems to be growing well. If you get the chance stop by my journal and have a look at your wonder womans distant sisters. :) Recent pics are on the last page.

HMG,

Thanks...a couple more weeks to harvest the rest. :yahoo:

Update and final weight in a bit...

:peace:

Hi puffpuff,

Thank you...looks can be deceiving, I think I'm having nute/pH problems again...it only shows on the PE so far, but my vegging girls don't seem to be eating much, maybe a lockout of some kind...a good flush is probably in order.

Be right over...

Hi Folks :ciao:

Weekly Update time...Lots to tell, I've been busy...this update will have a couple of installments, I uploaded something like 50 pictures this time. BTW... Can somebody tell me what happened to the "description" box in the uploads, it only let me enter a title?

First of all...Flowering 2L's Wonder Woman @ day 55 and Pineapple Express @ 47 days of flower. About 2 weeks left til harvest :yahoo:

Group Shot, not much has changed, they just keep getting heavier, the trics are coloring nicely, they'll get one more dose of nutes + molasses then water only for another couple weeks.

DSCN20242.JPG

The seedlings...Blue Widow, popped 4-13 (L) and Northern Lights x Big Bud, popped 4-11 (R) are growing good, but I really messed up as you'll see in these pics

DSCN20252.JPG

A couple of close ups to show my LST attempts

DSCN20281.JPG

before tucking and bending

DSCN20323.JPG

after, today I only had to tuck one leaf (on the right) and bend the tip down some more

DSCN20341.JPG

Northern Lights x Big Bud

DSCN20292.JPG

I accidentally snapped off her growing tip :yikes: ...dammit! It happened so quick, I was rubbing her, to soften her up some so I could bend her down more, and snap...it broke off in my fingertips. I think she was too dry for that much manipulation...it was in between watering days. If it had been a little longer I would have tried to clone it, but there wasn't enough, I think it would have died, so... :rip:

DSCN20091.JPG

I may have tied her too tight...notice the little brown spot, that's where the tie was (you can also see a spot where I last tied her at the previous node. I noticed a spot like this on Blue Widow too and made adjustment so it wouldn't happed to her too.

RSCN2011.JPG

I broke her either fri or sat...look how well she's recovered. Although I intended to LST her out much longer I can work with this too, so... plans change

DSCN20271.JPG

DSCN20373.JPG

Her branchs have exploded with growth since I broke her growing tip, I'll let these grow out a little and then start tying/training them too

DSCN20363.JPG

but I must not have bent her right because the branchs aren't growing symetrically...shouldn't they be developing evenly along the main stalk? This shot shows what I'm talking about, the branch on the left is about 3/4" long, and the branch on the right is twice that

RSCN2014.JPG

and last in this update...my problem child, Pineapple Express...her canopy is about 10", her overall growth seems to be small and progressing VERY slowly, she's got some brown spots here and there and doesn't seem to be eating much if anything lately...I feed 700-800 and the same runs out. Today she got RO/tap @ 76 pH 6.1 and 500 ran out.

DSCN20441.JPG

various shots of her problem leaves

DSCN20502.JPG

DSCN20473.JPG

DSCN20452.JPG

DSCN20482.JPG

here's a shot of her UBT cut. I started trimming this one early, maybe too early. I was trying to manipulate her for bonsai. I've since read some stuff that makes me think I trimmed her big leaves too soon and stunted her branching...but that doesn't account for her current condition completely...I don't think so anyway. If you have any ideas...speak up, I need a little :helpsmilie:

DSCN20511.JPG

End of this portion...2nd installment coming up next

Hi Sqwheels -

First I agree with OG13 on the POTM entry. I think it would represent very well personally - it really is a very pretty plant. Not just saying that either.

Second, not sure on your issue -- I hate to ask, but have you ruled out bugs? Some sort of insect pressure? (I hope that's not it).

Congrats on the harvest and the yummy looking bud! :high-five:

Hi Folks...part II - Weekly Update

Here's a shot of the veg room...

DSCN2054.JPG

Wonder Woman bonsai is growing very good, she'll give me a good yield next year

DSCN20492.JPG

a couple weeks ago I said I was trying a different cloning method, while trimming bonsai mom I put two clippings into my version of plain water...RO/tap @ 60 - 80 ppm and pH'd to 5.7-6.1

DSCN20411.JPG

all I did was make sure the water level didn't fall below the nodes I wanted to root... no humidity dome, no misting, no cubes to get moldy or chalky, no wilting whatsoever...just clip it, peal/trim/pinch the lowest greens away and stick it in water, and...2 weeks later

DSCN20422.JPG

I'll drop these into hempy mix and make 2 new bonsais for next year

And finally...I harvested the Wonder Woman bonsai a couple weeks back...here's a few shots of the results.

I had to cut her into several pieces, her buds were too thick and touching...this one is for color

DSCN19893.JPG

a LOT of trimming, took me the better part of 3 days, this is the second time round

DSCN19941.JPG

sorry it's fuzzy, it's the only one I took with any kind of scale, and then you can't really tell how big this pile is

DSCN19981.JPG

DSCN20021.JPG

total weight...42 grams :yahoo: I'm very pleased.

a few shots of the aftermath

DSCN20151.JPG

DSCN20162.JPG

DSCN20212.JPG

DSCN20182.JPG

the dark block in the center is the root ball from the 6" pot, there is no way I could brake that up and shake out the hempy mix for recycling into the outside garden, it was really compact

Now for the news...
Our MOTM winner for April has graciously forwarded the BPN portion of his prize to me!!! :thanks: Vape :circle-of-love:

DSCN20032.JPG

Here's my problem...I nearly had a meltdown saturday trying to make a good feed mix...Corey says straight RO will work good with these nutes so I'm basically starting from stratch in the sense that I have to learn to mix their feed all over again, just when I thought I had it all figured out. Straight RO water DOES NOT react the same as RO/tap to nutes and pH adjusters, I wasted about 5 gallons of RO in the process and still don't think I've got it figured out...hence the meltdown.

If you look closely at the two 1/2 gallons you can see the method used to my mixing madness, I don't know if you can decipher my shorthand/chicken scratch...Corey has sinse told me to add the Micro first, then the other stuff in any order.

I wanted to include a few shots of my room so y'all would have a better idea of what I'm working with...L to R around the room, a little fuzzy :sorry:

DSCN20662.JPG

DSCN20632.JPG

DSCN20621.JPG

DSCN20591.JPG

DSCN2058.JPG

DSCN20611.JPG

DSCN20682.JPG

DSCN20671.JPG

Notice the light leak...this is why I had hermies a while back, I'm sure of it. Until a few months ago this room was occupied by my son, and although we hung a dark cover over the door and kept the lights low in the bedroom, I couldn't keep the flower room completely dark after lights out. Now I do, no more hermies. It sure didn't take long to fill this room with growing/crafts/sewing/stuff.

I have to figure the water/nutes thing out to make it easier for myself...up til now I've drawn a gallon of tap, let it sit, open, on the counter for a few days to bubble out chlorine and whatever else, then split that into 4 equal portions/gallons, to this I pump (from a 5 gal bottle) RO into each gallon...this makes my base water @ 60-80 ppm, from this point I add nutes or whatever I'm feeding and then pH to 5.7-6.1.

I was using qt bottles of GH and now have gal bottles of BPN :love: Thanks Vape :love: and they are heavy and hard for me to lift. I need to find smaller bottles to use (I'll only be using a fewer ml's of each on any given day) and only have to lift a qt or so...dragging all those gallons out every other day and then all the shaking/mixing of the feed on top of it...I'll wear myself out in no time.

Any suggestions??

OK, I think that about does it this week...hope you enjoy. I really hope this all posts successfully, it just did a little auto-save...here goes

Happy Growing Everybody

Back
Top Bottom