SSKS, Blue Meanie, Red Boy From Spore Genetics

I imagine drying in front of a fan takes a while. If we treat the mushrooms like food, food safety would have us change the state of food as quickly as possible, to avoid contamination. A dehydrator/jerky maker, with temp control can do this lickity split. Harvest before work, come back and they're mostly dry, by time to go to bed, they're cracker dry. Sometimes if I only harvest one or two mushrooms, I'll set them on the heat register with a fan blowing. ;)

Not at all. Active air drying without heat is the way to go. I’ve never had an issue with fouling and have product that has been dried and stored for years this way. I’m of the opinion that any heat is too much with fungus. It only takes about 2 days and most of the moisture is released in the first few hours. As a species we humans wouldn’t have survived if it was complicated.

Not at all. Active air drying without heat is the way to go. I’ve never had an issue with fouling and have product that has been dried and stored for years this way. I’m of the opinion that any heat is too much with fungus. It only takes about 2 days and most of the moisture is released in the first few hours. As a species we humans wouldn’t have survived if it was complicated.
Sounds great, maybe I'm just paranoid LOL

I dry my shrooms at 150F overnight and they are cracker crispy. Then use food saver bags. Or you could after drying grind them all up and put in capsules. Both work great!! Happy Friday!! 😎✌️

I dry my shrooms at 150F overnight and they are cracker crispy. Then use food saver bags. Or you could after drying grind them all up and put in capsules. Both work great!! Happy Friday!! 😎✌️
I plan to dry mine and just grind them to a powder in a jar with some dessicant packets. Use a teaspoon measure to weigh out what I need on a scale and make a tea with that without filtering it. Squirt some lemon juice in there and chug it down. 🍵

what about a food vacuum sealer ?
I plan to dry mine and just grind them to a powder in a jar with some dessicant packets. Use a teaspoon measure to weigh out what I need on a scale and make a tea with that without filtering it. Squirt some lemon juice in there and chug it down. 🍵
Have heard that lemonjuice makes them much stronger (soak for 1hr)

what if syringes are over a yr old - still good ?
I've heard that live culture can last about 6 months in the fridge but I could be misinformed. I've heard spores can last years.

what if syringes are over a yr old - still good ?
I made a syringe of a Blue Meanie (cubensis)
From a 5+ year old print and it worked on pint jars of oats psi/15/2 hours and I used half of the syringe and they all worked. There were 5 jars. Stored the other half in my veggie door of the fridge and used it 2 months later with success. I will say that I DID let the syringe rest in my still air box until whatever room temp was before I used it. I dunno if that helps you any. Happy Monday friend!! 😎✌️

How is it going @Slapalottapuss

I store spores and grain jar in my beer refrigerator, and I take them out the day before I plan on using them.
My guess that anything at room temperature or above works best for me. Normally around 75 to 80 degrees seems to be key for me.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Interesting. That’s a good point. I’m seeing some growth in the one bag. I have not opened the tote to fully inspect anything. Will give it some more time as I am not in a rush.
Thanks for the information. I will definitely be using that in the future.

🤙🤙🤙

Slowly but steadily.
Looking pretty good.
IMG_2189.jpeg
IMG_2188.jpeg
IMG_2187.jpeg
IMG_2190.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom