Starting Out - One Strawberry Something or Other

My White Widow seed seems to have got a little confused! :)
white-widow1.jpg

Another one of the big girl....
day-70-3.jpg

Did a bunch more pics...

First one is the overall view I plan on including in a timelapse vid of the grow.
day-72-1.jpg

Middle of plant:
day-72-2.jpg

Front:
day-72-3.jpg

Left:
day-72-4.jpg

Smaller top buds at the back, furthest from the light:
day-72-5.jpg

Measuring tape included for scale but not carefully aligned with bottom of any cola or anything.....biggest ones seem to be about 8 or 9 inches and is still way better than I've done before:
day-72-6.jpg

And some macros from my DSLR....
day-72-7.jpg

day-72-8.jpg

day-72-9.jpg

day-72-10.jpg

day-72-11.jpg

day-72-12.jpg

day-72-13.jpg

Did see some amber trichomes the other day but I think we're still clear to cloudy overall and still got a wee bit to go before she's ready for harvest?

well with them pictures im sure you will get your perfect fix that you want, the more ambers the more couch lock , the more cloudy the more head high , looking great ,:goodjob:

Cheers bud. Couch lock all the way...not trying to grow shandy lol :) Am hoping not to need the space this plant is in for a good few weeks yet but at the same time I'd rather be veging my VK under 600w than 125 once it gets a little bigger.

Been struggling a bit with high temps here, mostly due to lack of wind outside creating enough drafts to keep temps down. Was a little over 30c last night and was kind of restricted in what I could do to create more airflow without waking others. Have made some noise today to hopefully improve things for tonight (light just came on so will see where it settles).

The tops are possibly looking a little frazzled though?

day-76.jpg

day-77-1.jpg

Still a bit greener lower down....
day-77-2.jpg

Should hopefully have an inline fan sucking hot air out through the hole in the roof I've commandeered from a downstairs toilet extractor fan within the week. I'll just have to put up with bathroom smells venting into the loft rather than outside for now.:reading420magazine:

Looks well here bud, can't be long now, :goodluck: on your harvest :goodjob:

Cheers bud. Aye, it'll be 8 weeks on 12/12 this Friday and am hoping she'll be ready to come down as I'll have Saturday free and the house to myself so I can stink it out trimming. A grower mate has offered to come down to help so hopefully we should be able to get it done pretty quickly between us.

I even had one of my non-toker mates offer to help trim but I think once he's had a taste of trimming he won't offer to help again.....might designate him tea maker and joint roller as doing that with sticky hands is a pain. Then again it's probably been about 20 years since he last rolled one and he wasn't very good at it back then so that's maybe we'll just let him make the tea! :)

Done or nearly done?

Either way it'll likely be another day or two before I have time to chop, trim and hang her up. Wouldn't mind seeing how the amber count goes each day to try to get some sort of a feel for how long a plant takes to turn too. Another couple of days flushing would be nice too.

day-80-1.jpg

day-80-2.jpg

day-80-3.jpg

day-80-4.jpg

Got 4 autos and 1 photo ready to go under the 600w HPS on 18/6 once the above one is down although I wasn't planning on them being part of this journal.

And the boss has approved a spend of 250 for more kit too :) So when the going was good I requested another 100 to spend on seeds and got that too. Have no shortage of stuff I want to spend it on but happy to hear others' thoughts on the matter. I want a temperature controlled extractor fan, carbon filter, EC meter, Ph meter, electricity usage monitoring thingy, a small fan for my veg cupboard, an oscillating fan for my flowering room and some consumables....

Congrats bud. :goodjob:

Cheers bud. After about 2 days drying, some trimming done and a fair amount of stalks still on there I seem to have somewhere in the region of 350g (12oz). Hopefully I'll get fairly close to the 7oz dry weight I was hoping for but 5oz is possibly looking more realistic.

Seems I had a bit of a flow problem with the pump.....when I went to change the water out to flush there was barely a trickle coming out as the filter was all clogged (bluddy eggshells and worms! ;-) ) so I suspect that had something to do with the leaves dying so rapidly in the last week or two. I'll know to keep a closer eye on that in future though. Temp, ph and ec will be a lot better controlled in future too.

Slight problem with the weigh in as I don't have any scales but I'm guessing maybe 5oz. Either way it's hopefully twice as much as I'll get through before the next lot is ready.

The best looking buds I put in one box....

box240415.jpg

...and I've been curing for about a week now. The box of lesser buds was probably about the same again and I've been using those while the, hopefully, even better stuff gets even better.

Smoke wise I was initially disappointed with the lack of flavour or immediate buzz and it took about half an hour for it to melt me. That was the stuff I dried quick though and the stuff I dried more slowly and started curing seems to be getting nicer and nicer. It's stinky, sticky and easily the densest buds I've grown. Got my fair share of popcorn but the better buds fill my grinder with a pea sized bit broken off. Flavour is improving too but not getting strawberry yet.

Seems pleasant enough to smoke and reasonably potent so I'm happy.

sap240415.jpg

Thanks for all your help folks. I've learned a lot from this community so hopefully the next lot turn out even better now I've got a pH meter, an EC meter and a 5" extractor fan with controller.

room240415.jpg

Got autos in the top tray, an indica dominant in the middle and a sativa dominant at the bottom.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom