Stinker & Trala's Tents: A Tropicanna Banana Republic

Pink has 4 huge big leaves which are covering new growth. She now has two. Lol. While she doesn’t really have leaves to spare, they were hindering her growth. Well I thought they were.
My opinion is the leaves in veg are best left on the plant. Not that you asked. The only time I remove a leaf in veg is if it looks like there is rot or if they are touching soil. Think of them like little solar panels. New growth will get enough light. The fans actually help. That's my 2 cents worth of unsolicited advice. :love:

So I made a Captains Call.

Pink has 4 huge big leaves which are covering new growth. She now has two. Lol. While she doesn’t really have leaves to spare, they were hindering her growth. Well I thought they were. I’m going to press the leaf and frame it on my wall of grow memories. I’ll show you when it’s framed.

C6D00F35-50AB-4504-B0CC-427001F8B45C.jpeg
3EF1D737-E04C-4172-8384-EEF32E45DF26.jpeg
63890975-055F-4CBE-9633-F28EFD067321.jpeg
Haha! Last week a friends dad died and I went to the wake. She's an old bird like myself keep in mind. I walked in, waited in line to hug and have a few words with her and when my time came we hugged, she moved back half a step, looked at my hair(kept very short, and said, why would anybody your age still with hair cut it off like that!? Hehe, she's a hairdresser by trade!

My opinion is the leaves in veg are best left on the plant. Not that you asked. The only time I remove a leaf in veg is if it looks like there is rot or if they are touching soil. Think of them like little solar panels. New growth will get enough light. The fans actually help. That's my 2 cents worth of unsolicited advice. :love:
Too right! Unless those upper fans are completely blocking the lower fans. I've got a plant no taller than 10 inches, with 10 nodes, but her fan leaves are bigger than my hand with the fingers spread. (It's super frustrating trying to figure out how to train it) When I'd lift em up, the nodes in the underbrush were fully yellow from lack of light, the nodes and their solar panels were covered.

Look tbh I treat canna like my other plants (until I rip them out and dry them lol). I know it’s not the way the majority of people grow in here, but my two driving forces are plant health and aesthetics. I really don’t like yellowing or unhappiness in my plants.

I pluck sun blocking leaves off all of my girls, particularly when my plants has an abundance of leaves. I would have taken them off sooner if she had more green hair lol.

Too right! Unless those upper fans are completely blocking the lower fans. I've got a plant no taller than 10 inches, with 10 nodes, but her fan leaves are bigger than my hand with the fingers spread. (It's super frustrating trying to figure out how to train it) When I'd lift em up, the nodes in the underbrush were fully yellow from lack of light, the nodes and their solar panels were covered.
These two leaves were easily the size of my hands. And they were totally light blocking. I personally like a bit of length on my plants. I’d rip arms off left right and centre with a 10” 10 noded plant. My dream plant to flip would be a 12” 4 noded plant.

My little Izzy, the Amnesia Lemon is close to what I want. Most times I create green monsters for myself. I’ll show you my Bubba Kush tomorrow. She will no doubt be another too big plant. But on the upside lifting them twice a day keeps my guns strong!

💪💛💪💛💪💛

Look tbh I treat canna like my other plants (until I rip them out and dry them lol). I know it’s not the way the majority of people grow in here, but my two driving forces are plant health and aesthetics. I really don’t like yellowing or unhappiness in my plants.

I pluck sun blocking leaves off all of my girls, particularly when my plants has an abundance of leaves. I would have taken them off sooner if she had more green hair lol.

I say. If it works don't change a thing! :ganjamon:

Looking good Tra.

I say. If it works don't change a thing! :ganjamon:

Looking good Tra.
I am defs changing some things. I think keeping the seeds under lights for the first two weeks has held me in good stead. It stopped them getting so leggy. I don’t want squat but I don’t want giants either. Im really happy with Izzy. She is taking shape. Pink will catch up I’m sure.

My observation in veg is if a fan leaf is in the way, what it blocks will try that much harder to reach the light. Literally pushing the fan leaf out of the way. What might be still blocked usually gets worked out in the stretch!

Not saying what to do, but suggesting and passing on what I see works for me. That's all. Nothing is written in stone. I am always open to suggestions. :)

My observation in veg is if a fan leaf is in the way, what it blocks will try that much harder to reach the light. Literally pushing the fan leaf out of the way. What might be still blocked usually gets worked out in the stretch!

Not saying what to do, but suggesting and passing on what I see works for me. That's all. Nothing is written in stone. I am always open to suggestions. :)
Thanks for sharing.

And me too. Just because I believe something to be true doesn’t mean it is. When it comes to growing I have a picture in mind that I’m trying to achieve. Doesn’t mean I always get there tho. But I know what I like.

I think that’s the beauty of gardening. There are so many different ways to grow. The secret is finding a technique that makes your heart sing. Well I think it is lol.

I had a friend back when, he was a little bit wild minded (if you know what I mean) use to beat on his plants some what hard, I once showed up at his house and there in the snow lay two plants completely stripped of foliage, it was mid spring, night temperatures still hovering around freezing. He left them out there for two days and pulled them back inside, He was all ways doing some crazy shit to his grow . I think he was the one that originated the term “hi stress training “ he’d twist, bend , brake and Strip crist he’d hang them upside down in a dark closet for a week just to see how much abuse a plant could take, and he would laugh, it some how tickled that spot in his brain and made him quite happy, Now I’m not saying that all Survived the torturous events, but in the end He Grew some CRAZY amazing plants. It really was Astounding , I guess you had to see it to believe it. But it really showed the Tenacity of the marijuana plant, you can grind them into the ground and it could turn into the best plant you ever have grown, I think most people tend to want to love and Nurture , thinking this is the way to get best out of the plant, For him it was Tough love,

I had a friend back when, he was a little bit wild minded (if you know what I mean) use to beat on his plants some what hard, I once showed up at his house and there in the snow lay two plants completely stripped of foliage, it was mid spring, night temperatures still hovering around freezing. He left them out there for two days and pulled them back inside, He was all ways doing some crazy shit to his grow . I think he was the one that originated the term “hi stress training “ he’d twist, bend , brake and Strip crist he’d hang them upside down in a dark closet for a week just to see how much abuse a plant could take, and he would laugh, it some how tickled that spot in his brain and made him quite happy, Now I’m not saying that all Survived the torturous events, but in the end He Grew some CRAZY amazing plants. It really was Astounding , I guess you had to see it to believe it. But it really showed the Tenacity of the marijuana plant, you can grind them into the ground and it could turn into the best plant you ever have grown, I think most people tend to want to love and Nurture , thinking this is the way to get best out of the plant, For him it was Tough love,
He’s like a botanic version Josef Rudolf Mengele.

Torture in the name of science.

Lollll

So you have at it tra , never Conform to what’s normal, nature has always been one of amazements
I believe everything in life is better when it’s driven by love and kindness. Plants included.

He Grew some CRAZY amazing plants. It really was Astounding , I guess you had to see it to believe it. But it really showed the Tenacity of the marijuana plant, you can grind them into the ground and it could turn into the best plant you ever have grown, I think most people tend to want to love and Nurture , thinking this is the way to get best out of the plant, For him it was Tough love,
I think there is a lot to this, of course go too far the plant carks it, but then we have an idea where the limit is. I can imagine such treated plants could/would look a bit unique or different to regular treated plants but when you say "CRAZY amazing plants", I presume you are mostly referring to outstanding bud quality.

I think there is a lot to this, of course go too far the plant carks it, but then we have an idea where the limit is. I can imagine such treated plants could/would look a bit unique or different to regular treated plants but when you say "CRAZY amazing plants", I presume you are mostly referring to outstanding bud quality.
Bud quality was great for the time, I mean I’m talking 1980s Canada. But structurally the plants were huge/ massive
And let’s face it. Bottom line it’s all about that bud.

💚⭐💚⭐💚⭐

Good morning, Its raining again.
Betty had her tops tied today. Tomorrow she gets flipped.
Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday. :)

IMG_2721.JPG
Flippity doo Dah!

I’ll sing you my flip song :)

La Rue, she is absolutely beautiful. Xo

Back
Top Bottom