Stinky Snid's Crop King Journal Contest - Northern Lights & White Widow

20160206_174834.jpg

Hey everyone, I am going to be starting this contest entry journal about my three newest cropking sprouts.The first two were the last of 5 white Widow seeds from cropking that survived my germination blunders. The first one strangled itself, one failed to germinate...It's Tap root never made it out of the shell more than 2mm. Then I accidentally crushed one trying to reseal the packaging. But I finally got two of them to sprout. Also my last viable northern lights automatic was sprouted shortly after. I've gone ahead and fast forwarded with a few pics the first few weeks of life for these little darlings of mine.

20160124_131447.jpg
an unusual twin Sprouting of my two white widows, along with experimental lone bagseed offspring. (only reference to this failed experiment)

2016-02-01_23_28_49.jpg
First we have "wonky" Winnie, a White Widow strangeling. Born with only one first leaf a side of her cotyledons. Her first nodes were all weird, all single leafs, after the first leaf the next node came with 3 leaves, two three fingered and a single fingered leaf. She is becoming a mutant fast

1454277510780-1518895981.jpg
next we have the truly "stella" Ellabella. This beauty is a magnificent looking sprout, perfect symmetry. She has the most straight stem I've ever had in a seedling.

2016-02-01_23_28_17.jpg
my little Leialoha "darling child" as she came out of her shell. A very hopeful sprout for me as I can compare my last grow to this one. While applying all that I've learned from the last one.

leialoha_day_1.jpg

these young ladies will be spending 24 hours under my t5 propagator shelving unit. On a heating mat and kept within 2" inches from the bulbs. RH is steady at 55% and temp. Is around 72°

1454272677520-1518895981.jpg

Updates will come fast, I've got the first month compressed into daily pics for ease of reading. Take the time to get acquainted with these girls and I'll be back in a few with the family photo albums. Seat save on the lazy boy, no messing! RTK I'm looking at you, that bowl better be full when I get back :peacetwo:

KiG everyone :green_heart:cheers

re: Stinky Snid's Crop King Journal Contest - Northern Lights & White Widow

On day 11 for Winnie I decided to top her at the second node to eliminate the oddities in her foliage. Only time will tell if it was a good idea. She's definitely a mutant genotype, but I'll treat her retarded ass the same as my other little angels.

winnie_topped_feb3.jpg

My "Stella" Ellabella is looking great, the symmetry continues as she's onto her second set of true leaves. What a beauty. I have high high hoes for this one.
ella_day_7.jpg

As for my little Leialoha (Hawaiian for : darling child) she is doing well. Her second leaves are just starting and she's getting my closest attention. I want this girl to be a comparison to my last grow, so I don't want to lose her to neglect.

leia_feb7.jpg

Yeaaahhhhh 1st! Count me in Snid! :thumb: :popcorn:

Welcome STIHL, glad you could get dibs on the recliner sofa. I'm sure you'll enjoy the updates to come. Thanks a bunch man, cheers.

That's it for this flurry of update pics, there'll be more tomorrow. Stay tuned for more tales from Stinky Snid's nursery.

re: Stinky Snid's Crop King Journal Contest - Northern Lights & White Widow

What strain is it?
2x white Widow feminized from seeds
White-Widow-Inside.jpg

and 1x northern lights automatic feminized from seed
Northern-Lights-Inside.jpg

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Just getting started from seed, followed cropking recommended germination method using cheese cloth.

Indoor or outdoor?
They will be brought up Indoors exclusively. First in a cfl/t5 temporary fabricated vegetation station made from a steel shelving unit. Then moved into the 32"square grow tent.
20160131_135859.jpg

Soil or Hydro?
I will be growing in a soilless mix. It's my unique blend of promix Bx, coco earth and worm castings. About 6: 3 :1 ratio respectively.

What size pot?
Leialoha will be in an 11 litre plastic pot, custom drilled with holes around the bottom few inches aswell as many more drain holes in the bottom.
The twins are to be in 10 litre pots until they need transplanting or I run out of space.
1454884201362531431999.jpg

Size of light?
Seedlings will get 24/7 for first couple days to avoid stretching under a array of 4x HO T5's (3 x6500k and 1x 2700k) then they will spend time under one or two 23w cfl bulbs for the next couple weeks. Once into vegetation phase they will be acclimatized to the LEDs over a couple days. I'll be using dual 48x5w reflectors(2x105wall watts) from Mars hydro during vegetation and for the northern lights automatic. And, a mars2 400 (190wall watts) for flower of the photoperiod White Widows

Is it aircooled?
I've got an intake fan, exhaust fan both at 140cfm, 3x cheap oscillator fans, and a humidifier.

Temp of Room/cab? RH of Room/cab?
Steady temperature of 69-72° and 55% lights on or off with humidifier on low. Flower tent stays at 40-50%

PH of media or res?
I'm using an average Ph of 5.8, trying to keep it under 6 but the medium is stable at 6.0 a little higher when dry.

How often are you watering?
I'll be watching and measuring moisture content with a ph/moisture meter. Also I'll be weighing the pots to make things easier as I get the hang of it.

Type and strength of ferts used?
These ladies will be getting a full line of advanced nutrients. Also I've got calmag+ from GO, and a prosilicate to double as rhinoskin. Molasses and/or real Canadian maple syrup. Strength will depend on their age, stature and foliar signs. Never more than recommended dose.
20160128_172330.jpg

That's the informational introduction to my new journal parameters. Hope you all can join me on this next adventure.

definitely takin a seat for this one! Welcome to my journal kingsnake, I'll be making a major effort to keep the this journal updated for you guys and gals

:thumb:
Looking good in here Snid, subbed in :popcorn:

Same goes to you feral, glad you came for a visit. Have a seat next to the fireplace it's nice and cozy. Thanks for the company.

hi im subin along too.. ^ thay seems like alot of light for the seedlings what amount af watts with your t5's

HO T5's are 24 watts each, 100 watts or so total. Quite adequate for seedlings, they don't put off much heat other than the ballasts. They Keep the leaves happy and the stretching down. I've had no problems so far. Thanks for the feedback it's very nice to have you along for the show.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I stick with what worked for me on my last grow. And learned from what didn't and now I know what I'm to. Look for before things get out of hand. Thanks for the greetings, hope i can insight you a little as we progress, I'll try to be more descriptive of what I do during the grow, not only what the plants are up to...

KiG man:green_heart:cheers

Day 14, feb.7th for Winnie and Ellabella is a usual squirt or two of PhD water. No longer in seedling shelf they've maxed out in height. I transplanted the both of them into their 10 litre pots. *I should have done a mid size pot in between solo cup and final pot. * but their roots were sticking out the bottom of the solo cup and I had no other pots available. I'm afraid I made my first novice mistake. I need more photoperiod practice.
winnie_feb7.jpg
Winnie is recovering from the topping and is forging forward with her new growth tips.

ella_feb7.jpg
Ellabella is working on her 3rd node she's going to get topped very soon. *I should have waited but my auto experience is all I have to rely on*

ella_feb_7_nodes.jpg
Here you can see her magnificent structure. Everything is straight, strong and Green. Picture perfect seedling. She's going to be a mother for sure.

Day 15 for the twins and day 7 for Leialoha. They are all going great as far as seedlings go.
feb8.jpg
Leialoha is working on her second set of true leaves

feb_8.jpg
wonky Winnie is doing her retarded dance. Aka twerking.

toppef_feb8.jpg
and my Ellabella got topped at the third node. Everything looks to be normal at this point in time but things are about to get weird... Foreshadowing for you all... Enjoy the suspense! Haha

Feb. 9th, day 16 for the twins and day 8 for my darling child. The all got a feeding of seedling strength dose of g/m/B, voodoo juice, b52 and a drop or two of calmg+. As always PhD to 5.8-6.0, they now each have a 6500k and 2700k cfl fixture above them.

toppef_feb8.jpg
Ellabella is pushing out some new tips up top, it looks like I may have fim'd her.

feb9th.jpg
wonky old winnie is still doing her thing. Crooked as a as a politician and still putting out freakish leaf amounts at each node. Some are three growth sites per node. Lol What a freak.

febs9.jpg
my darling child Leialoha is now on her third set of tiny little leaves. I've been opening up the tips with tweezers. Hoping for tight nodes and it's going well so far.

groupfeb9.jpg
Here's the family all together in the temporary veg area, while I wait for tent to free up some space.

ponytailfeb9.jpg
A little hairdo for my Ellabella, six hours today of lower growth production. Does she look pretty? :circle-of-love:

Here's what I can tell from these totally different genotypes from this batch of white widow seeds. Albeit one is a total mutant, they have completely different agendas. One is keen on upward growth the other wants to go wide. Interesting to see how they look in a few weeks.

perfect_nodes.jpg
Perfect nodes. A nice symmetric structure on my Stella Ellabella

wonky_nodes1.jpg
Crazy nodes. Weird and wonky growth of all kinds on my Winnie's odd node sites

Thanks for stopping by, till next update...

Feb. 10th, the girls are all a day older. Not much change going on. A nice relaxing day of petting and general chit chat with the girls. Pretty much nothing to add.

ellafeb10b1.jpg
elllafeb10.jpg
Ellabella is really strutting her stuff, makes me want to whistle at her, But I won't...

leiafeb10.jpg
my little Leialoha is just being green

winfeb10.jpg
winfeb10b.jpg
and my sweet little retarded Winnie is still just getting her growth tips in gear.

Feb. 11th, day 17 for the twins and day 10 for Leialoha. Their pots are still quite wet from last watering. I gave them a misting because the tent area was so dry and I had noticed a colouring of Ellabella' first leaves.
ellabfeb111.jpg
Ellabella is such a symmetric seedling but she is starting to reveal some sort of disease.
ellafeb11.jpg
Here you can see her single first leafs are crinkling and withering away. This will progress over the next week.

feb112.jpg
Winnie I'd finally showing some normal behaviour. Her new top spires are growing normally for now. I've gently bent the top tips so they start off in that direction right away, instead of waiting until they're bigger and more rigid.
leiafeb11.jpg
Leialoha, just another day as the little auto that could. She's pushing up her second node.

Thanks for reading along, KIG :green_heart:cheers

Feb. 12th, twins at day 18 and Leialoha at day 11. Another day of causal preening and doding my girls. Except for my starlet Ellabella, she is having major problems...
feb122.jpg
it looks like something ate her, but I've checked and it's not bugs or animals. Her tips are turning black! Not yellow then brown then black, but one minute green the next black. I made several postings trying to diagnose her.

leiafeb12.jpg
the little one. Just being a cutie pie as usual.

tipsfeb12.jpg
Winnie has a mass of tips from where I topped her. Very bushy and busy.

winfeb12.jpg
Here's she is just taking in the morning LEDs, leaves starting to get up and pray.

Just another day in Stinky Snid's Nursery. :Namaste:

Feb. 13th, twins at day 18 and Leialoha at 12. Things are getting interesting at the nursery, I've moved Winnie into the tent outside the LEDs footprint. Mostly because I wanted to secluded the "not so Stella " Ellabella. Who is degrading fast. I'm still not getting any clues anywhere of what is causing her necrosis.

ellafeb13.jpg
Ellabella is being rotted from the inside out. I don't know what is doing this, it's like a mould or a blight of some kind. But I've been working myself up to snipping out the cancer. Too bad I can't give her some cco to help her fight. :love: this adolescent hicup in her life.

feb13top.jpg
feb13win.jpg
Winnie is really blossoming into a little freaky Beast. Lots of foliage, but it's gnarly and pointing every which way. Training has commenced to try and open her central nodes up to some light.

feb13.jpg
just some stem wiggles for my darling child, she's pushing up the 3rd node and fourth set of leaves. It's almost topping time.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Feb. 14th, Valentine's day and I had to leave out the freak from pictures today. Twins are at day 19, Leia is at day 13. The necrosis continues, very disappointed that my perfect seedling is losing all her leaf mass.
ellafeb14.jpg
feb14structure.jpg
Although she is withering away and the black tips continue, her structure is impeccable. I've snipped out some of the black spots but the problem is constant.

feb14.jpg
feb14top.jpg
Leialoha is feeling great in the LED tent for the afternoon every day. As I acclimatize them to LEDs I measure for the amount of intensity from the cfls and put the seedling in the same range under the LEDs. The pots are getting dry, I'll give them a couple more days to get the roots searching for water.

Back
Top Bottom