Mota's First Indoor Grow - White Widow, Northen Lights & Big Blue

So the final stage has begun..!
I have been flushing them since Wed.
The guy at the hydro shop told me to give them like a 36 to 48 hour of darkness before I cut them. Will this really do anything? Also, since the last watering/flushing is on Monday, is it better to wait until the soil is completely dry to cut her down or it doesn't really matter?
Thank you!

Extra hours of darkness to increase resination is an anecdotal fairy tale. As far as watering, harvest when you want. It will make no difference if you let the medium dry out at this final stage.
People, take note of this young member's grow. A thorough attention to detail, and good preparation, is the beginning of getting a good result, without having to spend lots of money.
This is a model grow! +10 reps for a great result!

Tomorrow will be 9 weeks. I think I'll chop her down either tomorrow or Thursday. Her pistils are still pretty white, not amber yet.. I might wait a couple more days. The bigger leafs are turning yellow and the smaller ones on the flowering buds are just starting too turn yellow too..She has only been getting plain water for a week now, I want to flush her good.

Here are some pictures for you guys to enjoy.

Flowering Day 62

flday59_001.jpg

flday59_002.jpg

flday59_003.jpg

I really like this shot.. My Frosty Lady.. :kiss:
flday59_005.jpg

The top flowering part of the main cola is approx. 1 foot. Not bad for a 1st timer.. :cheesygrinsmiley:
flday59_009.jpg

flday59_010.jpg

This last pic is the main cola, that's about 2 feet.. ;)
flday59_011.jpg

You can really see she's still green and not ripe yet.. I don't know what to do.. Time is an issue, in 1 week from today I'm gone, so she has to be cut and dry by then. I think I will have no other option then to cut her tomorrow. Stay tuned!

On a side note.

I took some clones off the 3 plants that were veg. on November 30th.
Last night no roots.. Today roots. So I made a pit stop at the hydro shop and picked up some more 4.5" pots and transplanted. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm stoked, I took 6 clippings from each plant and all but 2 rooted, which is fine, because that is alot more then what I expected!

The dome
clonedome.jpg

A clone
clone12.jpg

All 16 clones and 3 mother plants.. Yes, I know that the mother plant to the left is in a very small pot, I couldnt transplant her before today because there wasn't enough room in the veg closet for three 9" pots.. And today I forgot to pick up an other 9" pot at the hydro shop. Even if she wasn't transplanted, she still managed to get tall and skinny, the others are a bit shorter and bushier. I'll transplant her into the current flowering plant's pot once I cut my Frosty Lady down..!
clones10.jpg

A close up of the clones...As you see, I marked them all so I know which clone is from which mother plant. 2 batchs look good, the clones taken from #7 are a bit wierd and yellowish... Only the strong survive..!
clone21.jpg

I moved the current flowering plant out of her closet and put her in the other smaller one. I moved the clones and mother plants in the larger closet. Brought the light down 36" from the ground. so they are about 28" from the clones. Is that too high? The last thing I want to do is burn them. I used CFL last time around for veg, so this is an other first for me..

Nutrients:
I gave them 3ml/l of Rhizo

Lights:
18/6

Here is one last look at my Frosty Lady

crop1.jpg

Here she is once manicured
crop2.jpg

Here is the result
Like mentionned right before.. 307 grams
crop3.jpg

Here is a small bud that fell off a bottom branch while I was manicuring her
Check out the trichomes
crop_trichomes.jpg

A pretty leaf
crop_leaf.jpg

I know I should have waited for more amber on the buds, but in 6 days I'm outta here and I had to chop chop early.

So there you have it.. My 1st grow..! :3

But do not worry, I'll be back very soon.. I have 16 clones just waiting to become nice and strong..! ;) I am thinking of flowering the clones as soon as they reach 10 to 12". I'm going to give them water + Rhizo + SeaWeed for the first 10 days. Then once the root ball is good, I'll hit them up with some veg nutrients, Terra Vega, Rhizo and Canna. I think by early January, if all goes well, I'll hit them up in 12/12..

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous harvest. Good luck with the move, brother. I want to know the dried weight of that main cola. Thats worth saving for a birthday or holiday. A little over 12"?

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous harvest. Good luck with the move, brother. I want to know the dried weight of that main cola. Thats worth saving for a birthday or holiday. A little over 12"?

Yeah, that's right, right about 12" once she got manicured. I weighed it after I cut it.. 49g, so I think it might weigh close to 15g once dry..! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Awesome mota, congrats on your first harvest!! How do they smell?
I know u had no choice but next time let them go a week or two more..
Thank you!
They smell wonderful, I would say a mix of pine with a hint of fruity.. I really think she's a WW. I would of loved to have her go an other week or more, oh well.

I almost cried until I read that you gotta bail soon. She looks delicious but still premature and had so much more filling out to do. Your in for a massive head high and did some skillful growing.
Thank you very much!
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful harvest Mota! I know you must be getting anxious for that first bowl.

Thats a great result!! ive been following this grow for a while and would love to try!! (student house so not viable atm)

Congrats and how come your having to cut it short, you moving house? God i bet that bud will taste SO much nicer after doing that work! You should write a first grow guide, you seem to have got it right!

Definately looks like she could have gone a little longer but congrats dude, it looks amazing.
Yes, I know.. Thanks anyways!

Beautiful harvest Mota! I know you must be getting anxious for that first bowl.
I sure am!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looks Great Buba, Hell Of a job!!!

I'm gonna have to find one of those racks for dryin'!
I picked it up at Walmart for about 10$, I use it to hang dry my cloths, and now to dry my weed :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thats a great result!! ive been following this grow for a while and would love to try!! (student house so not viable atm)

Congrats and how come your having to cut it short, you moving house? God i bet that bud will taste SO much nicer after doing that work! You should write a first grow guide, you seem to have got it right!
The crop had to be cut and dry earlier because I'm leaving for the holidays, going to spend time with friends out of town and I wanted to have alot of pot to smoke during this merry time of the year. :smokin:

How dry should the buds be before I cure them?
The leafs are very krispy, I spent a good part of the morning manicuring them a bit more and now I'll let the inside part of the bud dry up a little longer.
Some smaller nugs I already cut and put them in jar because they were completly dry. I didn't think it was going to be this fast. The closet is fairly big and I have a small fan blowing in there.. Hope I didn't dry it to fast..

How many days in a row should I open the jar and air it out? 4 to 5? And also, how long do I keep them in open air?

Here are some close ups of the smaller nugs that were dry enough to start curing. They are less dense then what I expected. Right now with only the small buds I have an oz. I think I might get an other oz and a half once the mid size buds and larger ones are dry. So I'm going to take a log shot and estimate my yield at 2.5oz.. We'll see..!

yield_013.jpg

yield_003.jpg

This is one of the motherplants I used to make clones. Yellowing in the leafs a bit, lack of N? I was flushing the soil for the clone clipping, I kept her on a low dose of water and seatea, I didn't want her to get to big. I transplated her earlier this week, so I'll up the dose and get her back on Terra Vega soon. I have her and the other moms under 18/6 but they still seem to be flowering a little.. Hmmm, I guess it's just normal right?

yield_009.jpg

By the way, I can clearly tell that this little lady is a pure indica compared to her sister I just chopped down.. Look at those leafs, nice and fat.. And PURPLE..! I'm not sure if it's the low temps or if she might be a Big Blue strain (NL#5 x Blueberry).. :cheesygrinsmiley:

yield_010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom