Stunger's Organic Balcony: Growing Daughters Of Mulanje: Watering Via Root Aeration Chambers

Thanks CC! There is more that could be done with training and pruning etc, but for that you need the space to move around the plants, and with their large horizontal canopies 1 door is already totally blocked and the other door squashes the righthand plant a bit when opening it. Plus, even if I had more space I am restricted in my actions because I have to try to do all training in a stealthy manner to avoid attracting attention from neighbours. It's a bit ridiculous really but however, they're coming along and hopefully will do well.

Maybe you could set off a distraction down the street like a fireworks display. Keep all the eyes and ears looking somewhere else while you work on the girls. :laughtwo:
I don't think I could afford a fireworks display long enough to cover all the time I would need. :laugh:

hey strunger , why don"t u buy a tutu ! when someone sees u they"ll think your doing ballet or that your"ve lost your common sense , either way they will be distracted from what your doing ,;)😆 just a thought .
Haha, a bit like the old test where they ask people to count the bouncing balls and no one notices the big hairy gorilla that walks across the back.

Update

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! Mainly a pictorial of how the plants are today.

Mulanje Sherbert

She is doing well, giving off a (so far) mild sweet aroma with a slight touch of diesel/fuel. This morning I decided to break out some year old Mulanje pollen and selectively dab a little on a couple of the smaller lower buds, which I carefully put a tag around so I'd recognise them come harvest. I want to see if the pollen is still viable after being in the fridge for 1 year. And also, I thought why not back cross the Mulanje x Mango Sherbert back to the Mulanje to make a few seeds for a future grow.

The whole balcony lineup

Looking ahead, I need to carry out some more training on the Mulanje ME and Mulanje HP as they are both still stretching quite markedly.
Thanks for dropping by! Hope this finds you and your gardens all well. :ganjamon:

Update

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! Mainly a pictorial of how the plants are today.

Mulanje Sherbert

She is doing well, giving off a (so far) mild sweet aroma with a slight touch of diesel/fuel. This morning I decided to break out some year old Mulanje pollen and selectively dab a little on a couple of the smaller lower buds, which I carefully put a tag around so I'd recognise them come harvest. I want to see if the pollen is still viable after being in the fridge for 1 year. And also, I thought why not back cross the Mulanje x Mango Sherbert back to the Mulanje to make a few seeds for a future grow.

The whole balcony lineup

Looking ahead, I need to carry out some more training on the Mulanje ME and Mulanje HP as they are both still stretching quite markedly.
Thanks for dropping by! Hope this finds you and your gardens all well. :ganjamon:
Outstanding stunger. Absolutely outstanding.
With beauties like those you're certainly going to stay stoneder!

Damn, Stunger- that last pic brings up a question...
How do you do the training?
Do you just wade in, or do you crawl in to stay below the view of nosy neighbors?
Or do you bring them in one at a time for training, then back out to the balcony?
However you do it, you're pretty darn good at it...that's for sure.!💚

Thanks Carcass! I can only grow once a year (outdoors) so I try to make the most of it.

You correctly observe the downside, that training big canopies with limited space becomes very challenging. If I rotate the plants it is easy to snap off horizontal stems of the canopy as they 'catch' on the neighbouring plants. And I can't really stand up tall lest the neighbours get interested in what I'm doing, and yes I have at times crawled like an invertebrate to pop up on the other side but it really isn't ideal.

When I last measured the canopies, I could get at least 4 feet or more across on all of them, and that makes it very tricky for lifting them as the canopy means it is hard to 'get over the weight', and considering I have a blown inguinal hernia it isn't a good idea for me in my 60's to try to muscle up the pots like that. So no, I don't bring them inside one by one to train them, but if I was a single gent I would do that! :laugh:

It would be nice to be in a harness birds eye getting right above them but that isn't possible here for you lol that would really get your neighbors attention lol a track system that suspends you above them. I have heard about that.. an Asian man ran a huge house by himself here, made 10 mil then went legal all under border patrols nose 👃
But I have some pretty good burns this weekend trying to inoculate some brown rice flour and vermiculite cakes to grow some mushrooms and never had this much trouble doing it before.. and well anyway gonna start putting some plain honey on them since you mentioned how you found it helped with your burns. I never would have thought honey on a burn. Whatever to heal this up though... just happy it wasn't worse.. but my first time yrs back a friend and I gave it a try and we had an accidental alcohol spill fire too..alcohol fire will travel to because of the fumes so with it on my hand it traveled then to my wipes which are not smart to grab on fire... you just leave it or cover it with something to put out. So anyways I figured instead of trying to put it out just leave it on fire and pull out of the still air box completely. I have to work on my pullout game apparently 😂😂 but it has been a while and I was a bit rusty from not doing it for a few years.
That story about my friend and me trying to grow mushrooms years ago... I ended up stabbing myself in the side of my calf somehow with the big needle and it shocked me I felt instant light head and almost a black out but a very wierd geometrical rainbow flowing pattern surrounding me for a brief moment... and I was like ok that was wierd but cool at the same time.. do not inject spores by any means it can be fatal and I never tried to ever do it again I can't get over the needle it's a big 1... not like a rabies shot needle big but it's not a little regular use hypodermic needle lol that thing really hurt when I stabbed myself with it.
I tend to injure myself 😂 the perks of being highly motivated 😂

Cheers CC! Yes it would be good having some kind of lifting system, but without one I just have to blunder around hoping I can stay on top of them.

That's bad luck getting burned. The nice thing about using honey is it helps the wound stay sterile and not necessarily needed to change every day, depends on the wound of course but generally speaking. Good luck with safer inoculations!

Damn, Stunger- that last pic brings up a question...
How do you do the training?
5A4C9B35-FB62-4A87-9D44-BF4E22E1DD34.jpeg

Yeah. That balcony is in showroom condition. Bravo
Thanks Lerugged! It's a good thing I have no customers, as I can only get one door to open past the plants.

Thanks Tra, my favourite artistic nurse!
You’ve certainly given yourself a challenging position with the balcony grow. But bloody good on ya. It’s an impressive display and then to contort yourself into gaps to attend to the girls 👏. They’re looking very good and ready to expand 💪.
Thanks Zeb, I like big girl plants but they do present challenges to my skillset and capabilities!

Back
Top Bottom