Surfbuddy's GLR 2L DWC-H Coco Lowryder - Big Bud - BubbleGum - Northern Lights

i pop seeds according to Llewellyn's moon sign calendar seems to work pretty good following that
next good time to try and pop seeds is may 23-25 then may 30 till june 3rd
seems to work for me following that instead of farmer almanac.................

THanks guys,

Chronic- I marked my calendar. WHat does Lewellen's say about the 9th of May?

One of the Liberty Haze seeds seems to be trying to open the seed, we'll see if she can poke a root out.

Pic Update-- We've got Girl Bush! The two largest plants are showing preflowers with hairs! Only 4 days after removing the 1 from GLR-- no extended dark period. Plants are banging into the t8's and LED t8's but are not getting burned, So I just let um.The little CFL 26 watters are WAY hotter and do burn leaves if they touch for an extended period of time.

NL3- This northern lights is my biggest plant...Yea!
NL3-preflower2012-05-12_22-.jpg

BUbblegum 2 maybe I'm just seeing things here..?
BG2-preflower2012-05-12_22-.jpg

BigBud2 looks like one to me, but maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see :p She's my second biggest plant! I feel so lucky!
BB2-Preflower2012-05-12_22-.jpg

Comments welcome and appreciated!

THanks guys,

Chronic- I marked my calendar. WHat does Lewellen's say about the 9th of May?

One of the Liberty Haze seeds seems to be trying to open the seed, we'll see if she can poke a root out.

Pic Update-- We've got Girl Bush! The two largest plants are showing preflowers with hairs! Only 4 days after removing the 1 from GLR-- no extended dark period. Plants are banging into the t8's and LED t8's but are not getting burned, So I just let um.The little CFL 26 watters are WAY hotter and do burn leaves if they touch for an extended period of time.

NL3- This northern lights is my biggest plant...Yea!
NL3-preflower2012-05-12_22-.jpg

BUbblegum 2 maybe I'm just seeing things here..?
BG2-preflower2012-05-12_22-.jpg

BigBud2 looks like one to me, but maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see :p She's my second biggest plant! I feel so lucky!
BB2-Preflower2012-05-12_22-.jpg

Comments welcome and appreciated!

says to plant potatoes and tubers also trim to retard growth proabably the trimming is for the yard like bushes and grass weeds etc.. that would be from may 8th to may 11th

what is going on with this plant? is it not growing out nodes? and just growing fan leaves? thats what my plant is doing! i am LST it as well.

i see lots of nodes

me too but there not stretched out they are just at the nodes but they haven't branched off
That pic is five days old
i see lots of nodes
Mee too.
what is going on with this plant? is it not growing out nodes? and just growing fan leaves? thats what my plant is doing! i am LST it as well.
Yup, that one had not been LST'd was just growing straight up, so I bent her over to try to get light to those nodes in the hopes they would throw more leaves and stretch a bit. Seems to be working. I think the trick is to bend it enough and in such a way so that all nodes of the plant are at the same height, so they ALL get the auxin boost.
Here is what she looks like now:
BG2 LST'd with some fans trimmed
BG2LST2012-05-14_21-14-44_7.jpg

And now more photo updates: We have some more sexing... good ratio so far, 5 to 2.

My strongest girl, Northern Lights from the side
NL2sideview2012-05-14_21-06.jpg

Northern Lights Main Kola
NL2-mainCOLA2012-05-14_21-0.jpg

Girl Parts! Now confirmed girls: 2 Big Buds, 1 NL, 2 Lowryders
Girl2012-05-14_20-31-49_112.jpg

And some bad boys. BG5 Goners
BG5BADBOY2012-05-14_20-28-5.jpg

BB3 Gone like da wind
BB3BADBOY2012-05-14_20-26-0.jpg

And now to the NEW stuff... seeds have sprouted, and I took clones last night from the two known girls and strongest plants, BB2 and NL3 Photos were taken during midnight GLR, but still look good now.
G13Hash seed, Stacked Kush Seed, and BB clones
haze-stacked-Seeds-n-clones.jpg

Kosher Kush and Liberty Haze seeds and NL clones
Kosher-liberty-seeds-NL-clo.jpg

Looking good Surfbuddy :) you got some good sized plants in those 2L's :) I find it funny how the big root mass is always just coming out of the lid. Almost like all the holes in the actual bottle itself or pointless, I just have a few stringy ones coming out of those holes and a root ball coming out the lid.

Looking good Surfbuddy :) you got some good sized plants in those 2L's :) I find it funny how the big root mass is always just coming out of the lid. Almost like all the holes in the actual bottle itself or pointless, I just have a few stringy ones coming out of those holes and a root ball coming out the lid.

Thanks teSmp, I ended up vegging them longer than I expected to because I left on a trip for a couple of weeks... Three extra weeks of veg does a lot more for the plants than I thought it would :)

Yeah, the majority of the roots come out the bottom only.. I was thinking to not even use a cap, just hydroton or something so they can get through even easier. Another experiment for another time ;) I think the holes do serve to keep the coco not too wet during the earlier stages of growth, but who knows...

UPDATE:
So the NL3 took a tragic fall today with it's empty res (You were right BID!) and landed on the pile of flourescents that were lighting up the middle of the two buckets. I caught it probably about 45 mins after it happened, but the damage was done. The main kola got toasted when it fell. A few nodes are done, some may recover, and the other 2/3 are unharmed. NL3 Sadness:
NL2-burn-from-falling-on-li.jpg

This little stem got nuked. Think it will make it? Should I just cut that shit off so it doesn't sap stregnth/water/food from the rest of the plant? I'm going to leave it unless someone really thinks it should go.
NL2-burn-make-it.jpg

After that, I vowed to not have CFL's that low at plant level where they could fall on them anymore, set up little gorilla tape holders for the 2L's inside the buckets so that they can't fall again, put in my new 240watt LED, removed the higher shelf, dropped the tubs down to the lower shelf, and added in four T8 LED's.
New-setup-new-light.jpg

yeah brotha, little stem is a gonner, cuz her loose and let that energy go to a more deserving part of the plant.

almost looks like the stem collapsed from the inside out, only ever seen that on seedling with something called "damping off" or "stem rot"

A little help please?

This Kosher Kush seed is getting all wonky. It is basically laying down, slithering like a snake. I think maybe I had too many 2700 CFL's in the mix, I removed most of them and left one (i read somewhere they are good for seedlings). Any thoughts or suggestions as to what I should do with it?
Open up the riot cube and shove more of it in there?
Let it go?
Start another seed?

Any other changes or suggestions welcome.
THanks!

KKlaying-down.jpg

A little help please?

This Kosher Kush seed is getting all wonky. It is basically laying down, slithering like a snake. I think maybe I had too many 2700 CFL's in the mix, I removed most of them and left one (i read somewhere they are good for seedlings). Any thoughts or suggestions as to what I should do with it?
Open up the riot cube and shove more of it in there?
Let it go?
Start another seed?

Any other changes or suggestions welcome.
THanks!

KKlaying-down.jpg

SurfBuddy, put that girl in whatever medium you are gowing with....put all the stem in, except the the top with the baby leaves sticking out. I had a Kandy Kush do the same thing. She sould be OK.

Yup agreed with above ^ if you just bury the entire stem it should be ok... However, on a seedling a single 6500k CFL or the window should do just fine. How far above the plant did you have the light?

SurfBuddy, put that girl in whatever medium you are gowing with....put all the stem in, except the the top with the baby leaves sticking out. I had a Kandy Kush do the same thing. She sould be OK.
Roger that. Will bury the stem now.

yeah buddy you'll be okay.. its stress! when seedling(s) are stressed in the beginning they stretch out and noodle on you ..

what are the temps and rH in there bud?
could be the lights as well.. when they are too close..
Temps are 80-82, no Rh meter for the dome, but there is condensation on the sides. I'll stick my rh meter in there for more accurate reading.
Ok, stuck the meter in:87%

Yup agreed with above ^ if you just bury the entire stem it should be ok... However, on a seedling a single 6500k CFL or the window should do just fine. How far above the plant did you have the light?
Single CFL? I thought that too little light makes them stretch? I have 12 CFL's 10 are 6500k and two are 2700. (the ratio was more 2700, but I just changed it when I saw stretch in the other seedlings and this). They are mostly 23w CFLs (100w equiv) with some 13w (75w equiv)

You think I should pull some lights? I also have clones starting in the same dome...

Speaking of clones, should I be spraying the leaves or the riot cube to moisten/water them? or not at all?

Thanks guys!
I just potted the Kosher Kush.
While I was at it, I lifted the other seedlings and all of them had tap roots busting out the bottom! I am now repotting all of them... but I only have 3 2L's from the culling. I think One of them will go to a DWC 3gal. Right now G13 hash and Kosher Kush are in 2L's so it's either the Liberty Haze (g13xchemdawg91) or the Stacked Kush.

Comments? Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom