Surfbuddy's GLR 2L DWC-H Coco Lowryder - Big Bud - BubbleGum - Northern Lights

Re: Surfbuddy's GLR 2L DWC-H Coco Lowryder, Big Bud, BubbleGum, Northern Lights

Surfbuddy.......your in Hawaii, right?

The leaf with the holes look like leaf miners......a nice Hawaiian bug. They don't really hurt anything....it just looks bad.
I've tried everything to kill them, but by the time you see the holes....they are already gone. :smokin:

How is the root system? Your leafs are showing signs of mag def indeed. I think a flush (plain water always) follow by light feed and let it dry (until you see the top soil becomes flaky) out some before another feeding. At this growth stage stick to 800 PPM and bump it up 100 PPM each week after.

Surfbuddy.......your in Hawaii, right?

The leaf with the holes look like leaf miners......a nice Hawaiian bug. They don't really hurt anything....it just looks bad.
I've tried everything to kill them, but by the time you see the holes....they are already gone. :smokin:
Yup, in HIgh, I can only hope it's leaf miners and not a deficiency of Mg.. is there a way to tell the difference? I like the idea of a "nice" bug that doesn't do too much damage. Speaking of bugs, upon returning home today, I found the bugs in the photos at the bottom of this message.. They were only on one plant, the slowest growing of all the bubblegums. Not sure what the deal with it is, it was started the same time as everything else.

How is the root system? Your leafs are showing signs of mag def indeed. I think a flush (plain water always) follow by light feed and let it dry (until you see the top soil becomes flaky) out some before another feeding. At this growth stage stick to 800 PPM and bump it up 100 PPM each week after.
Root system is robust at this point.. it's been a couple of weeks since I've seen them and they look like different plants altogether, well most of them. ;) I had mom do a flush for three days, then was feeding at 1/2 strength of the nutes I had made (about 675). Everything lived, so I'm happy :)

Now that I'm back, I'm going to start them flowering, so switched over to transition nutes 2-2-2 mic-veg-bloom and stopped the midnight gaslamp.

I think mom was underwatering the Bigbud2 with bubbles, because the res was empty :) I filled her up this AM, but she was droopy. I think I will raise the hempy hole if she keeps drinking that much. Root systems are going nuts on some plants, on other still have not hit the res? I guess from seed you get some duds, eh?

Some of the plants have multi-tops, some that I LST'd just have one top with no undergrowth (probably lack of light as it got crowded in there.

After flowering starts, I'll cull the boys and add more CFL's in between all the plants to encourage more undergrowth, and now PICS!

Quick before and after--from 4-22 to 5-8 while I was gone, we had some action!
bofore-and-after-4-22-to201.jpg

I was so happy to come home to living plants! Yea for mom!
They-live2012-05-08_05-48-3.jpg

So we had some good news and some bad news, first the good.. Bigbud3, is happily shooting up many tops, 7 i think:
BB3-7-tops-and-counting2012.jpg

Bigbud 2 drinks so much water, the res was empty the bubbler just shooting air, and all the side growth was drooping. I'll have to count colas after she wakes up from her nap and feast later today.
BB2-empty-res2012-05-08_07-.jpg

Bigbud 1 was also thirsty looking, but healthy too.
BB1-Thirsty2012-05-08_07-03.jpg

The Northern lights babies seem to have outdone the rest. NL3 can bee seen here exploding.
NL3-going-off2012-05-08_05-.jpg

Northern lights 3 was part of the first 2L transfer. Here's another angle
NL2-Bushy2012-05-08_06-56-3.jpg

NL1 can be seen in the first pic at the top as a scrawny little gal. Here she is all twisted sideways
NL1--lots-o-side-growth-and.jpg

This lowryder was buried in the middle. oops.
Lowryder2-weak-probaly-too-.jpg

This one was buried too, but mom moved it over to the side. My first girl!
Low1-hello-flower2012-05-08.jpg

The bubble gums which started off so fast have kind of been disappointing, though, I think they will end up OK. BG2 was in the first 2L group, and has no side growth:
BG2-no-undergrowth2012-05-0.jpg

BG5 was topped and has 4 colas
BG5-topped-w-4-colas2012-05.jpg

BG1 was the only untopped non-auto, but I'm bending her after this photo
BG1-the-only-untopped2012-0.jpg

BG3 was fimmed/topped and has six colas, but the leaves are immature looking? Only 3 fingers... She was also overcrowded and now has her own space.
BG3-topped-w-six-colas-but-.jpg

And now the problem plant, BG4, has these bugs on it. This plant was slow from the get go, was started at the same time as all the others, was probably stunted due to overwatering, and now has bugs. Maybe I should just kill it now?
damnit-bugs2012-05-08_05-24.jpg

Thanks for reading, it's nice to be back, more pics tomorrow after I do some rearranging and adding of more lights.
SB

Looking good SB. Seems like the drop in nutrients helped out quite a bit... Either treat #4 right away or get rid of it. I say get rid of it as you have many others and you are chancing infecting entire crop. U need to treat all plants asap!!! With that amount of infestation I wouldnt be surprised if all of them have a touch of bugs. Those bubblegums seem to be primetime sog plants. Lots of nodes and little side branching. Are ur plants located on a patio?

Looking good SB. Seems like the drop in nutrients helped out quite a bit... Either treat #4 right away or get rid of it. I say get rid of it as you have many others and you are chancing infecting entire crop. U need to treat all plants asap!!! With that amount of infestation I wouldnt be surprised if all of them have a touch of bugs. Those bubblegums seem to be primetime sog plants. Lots of nodes and little side branching. Are ur plants located on a patio?

Thanks tiptopper,
#4 has been a slowpoke the whole time. I think maybe I'll hide her outside and see what happens.

This is an indoor grow, so not on a patio. For whatever reason, I have only seen these bugs on this one plant... not sure why.

Any suggestions as to what to treat the others with? I'm not sure what kind of bugs they are...
sb

Hey SurfBuddy Get that infested girl out of there!! First thing. You might feed the others some Azamax to be safe. Most local Hydro stores have it. It kills and repels bugs. Except leaf miners, of course.

Once you have that girl outside....feed and spray Azamax. No joke man, I would probably dx the bug ridden one.
Just to be safe. Once your girls get infected with bugs, it's a hard battle to win.

Best of luck Brother!

Thanks OMM and ChronicHH,
She's out.
Have not seen any bugs on any other plants--weird.

Exited to start a new batch of seeds:
Barneys farm Liberty Haze -fem
DNA Genetcis Stacked Kush -fem
Hazeman 88 g13 Hashplant -reg
Reserva privada Kosher Kush -fem

so hard to choose now, got a bunch from that super duper sale!

Heating pad is warming up, cups and lids are out and here we go!

Also, BPN came in the mail, so will be switching this grow over and next grow with above fem seeds will be all 2L hempy with BPN!

Wow! Nice choice of seeds. That was a great sale. BPN and 2 litters should be great. Can't wait to see it.
Glad you got rid of that infested girl. :goodjob:
Thanks both of you. That's a compliment from a connoisseur of seeds such as people have claimed you to be ;) Sure was a great sale... some o the freebies were superb.

The bugged out chick is liking it outside anyway :)

OK, yesterday I added 8x 26 watt CFL's to the front corners of the tent (6 2700 and 2 daylight) and they seem to be helping.

Today I added 1" airstones to all the 2L's that have roots in the res, They really like that. Now 8 have airstones and 3 that don't cause they don't have much root growth yet (the two lowryders and one slow BG)

Also did a light defoliation of select fan leaves that had corresponding nodes with stems of at least 1/4", and which were blocking light from lower parts of the plants.

Photos are from yesterday:
Lowryder, first to flower
low-1-2012-05-10_01-50-10_6.jpg

the SOG from the side
SOG-from-side2012-05-10_01-.jpg

NL3 has about 7-8 tops
NL3-has-multi-tops2012-05-1.jpg

NL leaves getting bigger
NL-leaf2012-05-10_00-15-55_.jpg

BubbleGum LST to try to get under nodes to do something!
BG-LST2012-05-10_01-49-29_4.jpg

bb3 is getting bushy too
BB3-getting-bushy2012-05-10.jpg

BB2 root shot
BB2-roots-flat-top2012-05-1.jpg

looking good surf doode! i just finished some "drempy's" as i call them it was a fun experiment but i will stick to regular hempys or others stuff, i did not like all the fussing i had to do, bigger plants drink the res down in a couple hours leaving roots to dry out, you may expirence that, i found they tip over really easy, it does deserve further study, and i will contine with some basil and les costly plants, i built one using two bottles so it can have a larger res, and basket/pot maling it in effect a 4 liter h-dwc , , i also like it to be very simple so it may be the fact that they require extra work, i did not find that i got any extra weight from a familar strain for me, however i dont think i did the very best i could have with the system,,anyway good luck i hope it works really well for you, i'll be checking in to see your progress and results :thumb:

Also forgot to mention I switched over to BPN nutes 2 part plus bloom booster!

After adding in more CFL's I'm having temp issues--probably due to the slack winds also so the ventilation in the room is not so good. Which brings up a question-
sacrifice temperature moderation for more light? temps will climb when I zip the tent up to I don't know what, but it's 82 with the tent wide open, the door wide open and a tower fan at the door blowing cooler air in from the hall.

Had to do some re-arranging in the tent as everything was getting too crowded. Now the larger plants are more on the edges and not next to each other.

looking good surf doode! i just finished some "drempy's" as i call them it was a fun experiment but i will stick to regular hempys or others stuff, i did not like all the fussing i had to do, bigger plants drink the res down in a couple hours leaving roots to dry out, you may expirence that, i found they tip over really easy, it does deserve further study, and i will contine with some basil and les costly plants, i built one using two bottles so it can have a larger res, and basket/pot maling it in effect a 4 liter h-dwc , , i also like it to be very simple so it may be the fact that they require extra work, i did not find that i got any extra weight from a familar strain for me, however i dont think i did the very best i could have with the system,,anyway good luck i hope it works really well for you, i'll be checking in to see your progress and results :thumb:

Thanks BID! The drempy's seemed to be much easier than the dwc I tried, so to imagine that you're dumping them for something easier is intriguing... I notice too that I tip them over, especially if they drink up a lot. A couple of hours?>!#$#% WTF, that's a lot of water... I may have to move my hole up. I'm trying to sort out a "holder" in the tubs they're in. So they don't fall down if they drink too much.
I'm going to continue on with this for now as it seems to be working. :)

This morning the BB2 (the biggest bigbud) looked droopy and thirsty, although there was water and bubbles in the res. The Coco was dry, so I poured through with my seedling water (no nutes, ph5.5, 6ml hygrozyme) and it perked up in a few minutes... whaddup wit dat? I just changed the res a few days ago,but I guess today is day 3, so time to flush. They are starting to drink up!

NL2 had barely any water left in the res. I topped her off too with seedling premix and gave a little extra (I have moved her hempy hole up since she drinks so much).

Was able to resolve heat issues by rasing up/opening up the exhaust fan elbow which had slightly too much bend in it. Now it flows and temps were 82 all night.

I started 4 seeds a few days ago, three cracked:
stacked kush, kosher kush, '88 G13 Hash, and liberty haze.
the liberty haze showed no signs of cracking in 24 hours, so i put another seed in the cup. Two days later and I think I have two duds. Damn you barney. I'm going to leave them in the 1/8" of water in the cup on the heat mat next to the dome and hope they come up. I have read about the slow germ rate of these but four days? Ugh, I guess I'll try to scar one more up and put it in another cup.

Any suggestions? Twelve12? Any other seedmasters?

I may just crack another G13 Hash since those are reg seeds...

Back
Top Bottom