Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

happy easter to you all and your loved ones :love:

:Namaste:

Happy Easter 420brother.

"Hear the bells ringing, they're singing that we can be born again."

One of my favorite celebrations. You've given me another opportunity to indulge in that song for another day. How sweet of you. :love:

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

Wow CO, is it my imagination, or does this group looks better than the first cycle?

image23160.jpg

I get all tingly at a frosty picture.

I grow in this soil. I have better lights this time. Oh yeah. A little excited about the potentials here. :slide:

Well, the genetics are better. That is playing a part. Everything is new so it's tough to make that comparison, I think.

The 2nd run in the no till pots just keeps chugging along on autopilot till harvest, presumably around May 2nd.

You treat your soil better than me probably, lol. I've barely done anything but water this time. If you were growing the same exact genetics as me I'd bet yours would be a little better. The smartpots are probably better, too.

Edit: I attribute my success largely to my own homemade vermicompost. You can't beat making your own.

Co,

Hi. The following is my introduction of who I am, without it being a DDD moment. Know that Sue knows the following and in PM we laugh at each other, and with each other. So, Here is my story, in bits undisclosed before.

Know that I am only Semi Organic. We dont need to preach to each other, or try to convert each other. We can respect the concept of being on our own path of enlightenment, and each of us are at our own unique individual point on that path.

Sue knows that I am not completely sold on LOS. I don't fight it in her stream. I will hint, that in the 1970's I lived on a large organic farm with chicken shit spread by the pickup load... something I might have been required to shovel... at child labor law issues ages today... cough cough... on 17 acres in the middle of 3000 acres of amazing growing space in Oregon. Also know I would never give up one of those moments of learning I had there.

I also don't have a problem adding nutrients to the plant, like you might add a tea or spray, to achieve the same result. My point is that plants are seeking a supply of nutrients to maximize their growth curve based on their genetics. Any thing any of us are doing here is trying to help provide them based on our own approaches.

Know that if I have plants that have a chemical deficiency, I will feed them the natural chemicals they need to rectify this issue. I mean, how more organic can you get then the chemistry chart of elements. Right.

I just love how there are no signs of yellowing or spots, deficiencies etc anywhere in those pics yet the flowers are large and plump perfect color pistils. If we could get farmers on board with large scale LOS the Earth would be way better off.

:love:

I just love how there are no signs of yellowing or spots, deficiencies etc anywhere in those pics yet the flowers are large and plump perfect color pistils. If we could get farmers on board with large scale LOS the Earth would be way better off.

:love:

Big Ag is and will continue to fight that tooth and nail, but I totally agree. There's a non conformist Japanese farmer that comes to mind. And Sepp Holzer as well. It is being done but they fight it and try to hide it's success, sad really.

Thanks for the compliments.

Co,

Hi. The following is my introduction of who I am, without it being a DDD moment. Know that Sue knows the following and in PM we laugh at each other, and with each other. So, Here is my story, in bits undisclosed before.

Know that I am only Semi Organic. We dont need to preach to each other, or try to convert each other. We can respect the concept of being on our own path of enlightenment, and each of us are at our own unique individual point on that path.

Sue knows that I am not completely sold on LOS. I don't fight it in her stream. I will hint, that in the 1970's I lived on a large organic farm with chicken shit spread by the pickup load... something I might have been required to shovel... at child labor law issues ages today... cough cough... on 17 acres in the middle of 3000 acres of amazing growing space in Oregon. Also know I would never give up one of those moments of learning I had there.

I also don't have a problem adding nutrients to the plant, like you might add a tea or spray, to achieve the same result. My point is that plants are seeking a supply of nutrients to maximize their growth curve based on their genetics. Any thing any of us are doing here is trying to help provide them based on our own approaches.

Know that if I have plants that have a chemical deficiency, I will feed them the natural chemicals they need to rectify this issue. I mean, how more organic can you get then the chemistry chart of elements. Right.

I have to interject here, ever so gently aki, that the soil we play in doesn't grow plants that show deficiencies. Think of the possibilities if I could convince you to try just one pot in your garden. Not that I'm pushing or anything. :laughtwo:

Show of hands.

Who among us has had deficiencies show up in your organic soil grows? I want brutal honesty here please. If you had problems I would appreciate some explanation of how you overcame them.

Co,

Aki, nice to meet you, and I respect your opinions, and realize in life as well as gardening there are sometimes different routes to the same end, sometimes not. The difference with LOS or gardening with the soil food web, whatever you want to call it is simply this. The plant is truly in charge of it's diet. It is important to have nutrient rich soil, yes, the plants can't get things from the soil that aren't there. The effort is put into the front end and the actual gardening is very simple and basic.

I could share scientific proof of this process, the soil food web in action and how nutrient cycling works if your so inclined.

I think it's really cool you helped Sue out tonight, BTW. Actions like that speak volumes about you as a person.

Aki, nice to meet you, and I respect your opinions, and realize in life as well as gardening there are sometimes different routes to the same end, sometimes not. The difference with LOS or gardening with the soil food web, whatever you want to call it is simply this. The plant is truly in charge of it's diet. It is important to have nutrient rich soil, yes, the plants can't get things from the soil that aren't there. The effort is put into the front end and the actual gardening is very simple and basic.

I could share scientific proof of this process, the soil food web in action and how nutrient cycling works if your so inclined.

I think it's really cool you helped Sue out tonight, BTW. Actions like that speak volumes about you as a person.

Co,

A part I don't talk much about is an Ag data monitoring startup I have in the background. I work with commercial farmers representing about 30,000 acres in production. While they would make you angry on one level, you might be shocked with how in sync they are with the soils they work, in others.

By this, I mean they regularly run cover crops, they manage the natural chemical balances of their soil, sometimes by growing stuff to till right back into the soil, the process recharging the soil. Nothing added or sprayed in this case, but transferring the available nutrients in available volumes internally in the soil. They dont want to pay for pumping chems into the soil, if they can unlock and extract productivity from that same space, in volumes that our banished Mr DDD would demand.

If you are passionate about Organics as you appear. I have an offer I havent cleared with Sue yet. PM me if you are up to a debate about organics in a civilized setup...

Aki the Media Maker...

I have to interject here, ever so gently aki, that the soil we play in doesn't grow plants that show deficiencies. Think of the possibilities if I could convince you to try just one pot in your garden. Not that I'm pushing or anything. :laughtwo:

Show of hands.

Who among us has had deficiencies show up in your organic soil grows? I want brutal honesty here please. If you had problems I would appreciate some explanation of how you overcame them.

Sue,

Give me a chance to get things stabilized at this end with my parental issues, and I will build a LOS solution in the background, to your specs. I will patiently set this up, we can build it as you demand.

I will need to setup a watering system for it. Most likely the Kiddy pool of 36 as a mutual solution. We will have to negotiate this grow on our own thread. "The Aki & SweetSue Organic LOS Grow"... cough cough

Sue, give me a chance to get things stabilized at this end with my parental issues, and I will build a LOS solution in the back ground, to your specs. I will patiently, build it as you demand. I will to water it as you ask. Most likely the Kiddy pool of 36 as a mutual solution. We will have negotiated this grow on our own thread. "The Aki & SweetSue Organic LOS Grow"... cough cough

I'm in. What's one more thread? :laughtwo::green_heart:

In the time it took me to post that I had flashes of how much fun that could be. There would be no pressure for you to convert any others over. Just run one pot with LOS.

Nice idea aki. Reps. :love:

OK. Last time. I have to get some sleep. :sleep:

Something I wanted to get off my chest.

I am running a grow with LOS and HB using Doc Bud's kit side-by-side because I believe in the potential of both soils. I'll be upfront that as an LOS grower I'm not yet entirely comfortable with Doc's HB kit, but I understand that my uncertainty is due to a lack of familiarity. I'm intrigued by this soil mix and feel compelled to try it. Quite frankly, I want to feel that energy after a cat drench. LOL! Others have graciously made it possible for me to do so, and for that I am incredibly grateful.

This is not a competitive grow. I have absolute faith that my soil will outperform itself this run. I have absolute faith that the HB kit soil will excel right along side. I am as excited about the kit soil and it's potential as Doc is intrigued by my LOS approach. Nothing about that has changed.

My hope is to grow two plants of the same strain, one in each soil. It should be interesting to watch them grow together and observe any difference. I suspect we're going to see comparable quality and production. We won't know until we try. I am not playing any favorites here. There is no hidden agenda. You guys should know me better than that by now.

It has been suggested on these pages that I have disrespected Doc and his work. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Enough said. I'm going to bed. Until tomorrow - oh wait! It is tomorrow. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Sue...

Grow a Photo plant... take two equally large clones... stablize them. Then... use them as the control plants. One of each. Maybe... a third... and it uses my chemically enhanced "Roid" based to you... :cheer: plants. I mean... If we are going to do this... Lets do this right...

cough cough.. ya, this can wait until another grow. We have years of arguing, to host grow offs.

Aki the Immortal.

I don't do a los, I'm heading that direction.
Got my worm bin churning out vermicompost now, so soon.

Sue...

Grow a Photo plant... take two equally large clones... stablize them. Then... use them as the control plants. One of each. Maybe... a third... and it uses my chemically enhanced "Roid" based to you... :cheer: plants. I mean... If we are going to do this... Lets do this right...

cough cough.. ya, this can wait until another grow. We have years of arguing, to host grow offs.

Aki the Immortal.

That all sounds so easy to you aki. At my novice state of growing experience it sounds like gibberish to me. :laughtwo: Thankfully I'm a quick study surrounded by genius. I'll figure out the translation soon. Then we'll play together. You can count on it. :love:

I don't do a los, I'm heading that direction.
Got my worm bin churning out vermicompost now, so soon.

I couldn't agree more. As to your evolution towards LOS gardening, :thumb:

Your life deserves to be this easy too.

This is how lasting change occurs. Light the path, show proven results, let people find their own way to duplicate that change, guided by your lead.

In that spirit, I should share photographic proof of my own grow in LOS. I apologize in advance for getting carried away. They were quite photogenic. This is for you too, Rad. I remember how much you enjoyed these. :laughtwo::green_heart:

image20143.jpg

image20126.jpg

image20129.jpg

image20130.jpg

image19711.jpg

image19700.jpg

image19910.jpg

image19592.jpg

image20421.jpg

image20483.jpg

image20506.jpg

The sum total of necrotic leaves in my harvest of the Bomb.

image20601.jpg

I built my soil, planted my seeds, gave them lots of light and water and enjoyed the show with everyone else. They got three enzyme teas and a few coconut/aloe drenches. I grew them on SWICK reservoirs. Under CFLS.

When you're ready, please join us. Build your own soil. Make your own life easier as you watch your own soil grow the most amazing plants you could ever hope to enjoy. We'll still be here to assist you whenever you need us.

Seriously, it IS that easy.

Back
Top Bottom