TassieDevil's - Indoor - DIY - Bag Seed - What The Fluxing Learning Curve - Stage 1

Re: TassieDevil's Indoor DIY Bagseed WhatTheFluxing Learning Curve-Stage1

If it was a tiny bit wider id lay it on ots side and do a few micro scrogsin super shallow wide pots. But its not lol its a nice box im sure u can turn it easyly into an oasis of cannabis :)

Yeah I know it's small...I guess the idea was a quick 12/12 from clone off the fluxed mother below...and same number of clones for arms on the flux, or rather colas maybe...dunno, was for a quick comparison between yield...same box, same light, same everything...theoretically. :)

Yep, 4 x 72w fluoro's for side lighting, each level so to speak getting half of each light...theoretically getting equal light each level.

The flux is usefull for container growing I reakon...high yield in whatever space you train it to.

But it have no experience in either, so It might be a complete disaster too...might be fun to watch :)

I have to get LA over hear to see what he thinks about it..

EDIT: it's the height for each level that I reackon might be the biggest issue...

Hight may well stop you in your tracks but iv seen grows start to finish in a pc tower so should be doo able

yep, I do have an option to finish the flux outdoors, and drop the scrog, but it's not a very good comparison...fair comparison.

Week2/Day13

Hello again, I've not been very well, have managed to check on the sprouts a few times over the past couple of days, but not finished lid...and they need it!

Second set, or rather 1st true set appearing on LL1 and LL2.

Everyone doing fine. No water since last time. Soil in pots still compresses, indicating moisture, so no need - maybe 24hours away.

I under water, generally, better than over water...you can fix underwater in 2 hours with a drink, it can take days or never to recover an over watered plant.

Conditions

DSCF33572.JPG

LL1

DSCF33592.JPG

:Namaste::circle-of-love:

Good day Tassie

Hello Jaga, thanks for stopping by :)

You've got some happy little plants right there buddy :thumb:

Thanks skunny! :) I think so too :)

Your plants look happy and healthy :cheesygrinsmiley:

Glad you mentioned under water vs over water - I am an over waterer and it does the plants no good...:straightface:

Hope you feel better

:Namaste:

Thanks mate, a little better today again.

I saw that in your journal :) .... It's the big plant killer, wet feet!

I always found if they were dry and wilting, within an hour or two of watering, they look like nothing happened.
But with over watering....I dunno that I ever successfully brought an over watered plant back....

Thanks for stopping by mate, and sorry there's not much happening....Its only 133am here, so there wont be must construction happening at the moment, but maybe I can get that lid finished today :)

Before you are going to water do you check the weight of the pot it gives a good Feel as to whether they are too light there for need water ,, DD said to me he never watered until the tips of the leaf were just going down ,,, Then if you can put yer finger in the soil and there isnt hardly any moisture well thats when I water

I never thought of weighing the pot...you clever bastard!

I guess I always use the propagating sand on top. You can watch it dry out...change colour....once all the colour is gone, then I will just press the soil a little....the sand doesn't compress, but the stuff underneath does....it feels spongy when damp, and leaves a depression, but just pushes outta the way when dry, doesn't compress or feel spongy....that's the way I tell....

Yes the wait till it drops is the way I learnt to not over water....it works for well for people who over water...if you can wait that long.... :)

(which of course someone who over water's can't :))

Oh dear, that was my last pipe... :( the resin balls in the bottom of the bowl are wonderful, such a warm buzz :) :) :)

Its 219am...mini update couldn't resist.

DSCF33601.JPG

LL1

DSCF33611.JPG

This little doer is twice as developed as any of the other 3 from the same sowing. It popped at day 2 from direct sowing, had an almost 3" tap root at day 4, and has been an absolute power house from the day it got pushed into soil. It's developing twice as fast as the others, so I dunno if it's male, or gunna be huge!

Everyone will get a feed today, 1/2 strenth on the little ones and full strength on the 14 day old LL's...but that's for later.

Bye for now, hope your all having a great day! :D

Yesterday my time:...oh its today your time...or is it yesterdays tomorrow... :)

Week2/Day14

Wiring test:

DSCF33621.JPG

Lid in Place

DSCF33631.JPG

View from side vent lid closed

DSCF33641.JPG

DSCF33651.JPG

Conditions in the box

Everyone got a 1/2 strength feed yesterday. I was exhausted and used what was left over in the spray bottle from 7 days ago...everyone doing fine....not keen on the stragglers...I'll keep em for the moment, but they're on warning to pick up, or they'll be out! :)

DSCF33661.JPG

Managed to maintain 30 deg C / 85F overnight, but was 15 deg C overnight too, so a little warm this time of year.
Dropped from 67% to 30% overnight...a little dry and warm, but ok

I'm keeping humidity low. There's no airflow in the box yet, I haven't got the computer fan hooked up and mounted, so we're convection only to move heat...in such a situation humidity wants to be low, the leaves look a little dry and not so shiny, but that's ok for the moment, we're stopping mold that's all I need to know.

LL1, just because s/he's beautiful :)

DSCF33671.JPG
DSCF33681.JPG

I see good Canna Karma in your future TassieDevil......

I'm going to enjoy the humorous posts you provide through this grow for sure.

Sorry so late, but I'm here mate!

:circle-of-love:

Thank you mate,

Glad you are Canna...I think it's going to be a total f'up myself....hence stage 1...gave myself an aliby from the start! :)

Yep, that's what I thought...It's ok, but 6000K better, thanks mate!

Another question then?

DSCF3353a.jpg

Its a cab hopefully for my Flux vs Scrog off...it's small, yes! I figure each section...one on top of each other has say 450x580mm floor area and 600mm maybe for growth, plus pots and lights....the reflectors in the corners are 4' double Fluoro's. I'll have one in each corner for side lighting and dunno about over head yet...any thoughts?

EDIT 1500MM IS ALMOST 5 FEET

morning cobber ;)
this cabinet of yours reminds me of a little grow cab i keep in my laundry which is a converted 3 drawer wooden filing cabinet.
internal specs are 400x400x900 mm
it houses 2 x 130watt grow lush high output cfl ,and all running gear....she produces 3-4 ounces of good bud on SGROG
originally was just an experiment to try out cfl lights as i grow with hps lights normally,but she worked so well i keep it running just because i like the micro setup.:)
cant wait to see what you do with the cabinet :)

morning cobber ;)
this cabinet of yours reminds me of a little grow cab i keep in my laundry which is a converted 3 drawer wooden filing cabinet.
internal specs are 400x400x900 mm
it houses 2 x 130watt grow lush high output cfl ,and all running gear....she produces 3-4 ounces of good bud on SGROG
originally was just an experiment to try out cfl lights as i grow with hps lights normally,but she worked so well i keep it running just because i like the micro setup.:)
cant wait to see what you do with the cabinet :)

You'll be the man to see then mate! :) :) :)

I've got to get a move on with this too....but I did do some measuring before I made the lid for the germination box, and if I remove the handles it fits inside the cabinet, so....well I've been thinking ahead. :)

It's gunna be tighter than a nun's nasty....oh can I say that here :)

But I think it'll be a good kinda tight! :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom