Testing New LED Lights vs 1000w HPS

I guess that means the future of lighting...is available today!

-TL
Thats a good one LOL 2052 wow i feel like rip van winkel .....is the "new world order" here yet??...... hope not.
:cool:

777_8_.JPG

777_6_.JPG

777_5_.JPG

7771.JPG

OK..BUT!

Here's some HPS bud to compare with...what do you think? We'll be the first to admit that we screwed up a bit with the LED's so we are going to try a new grow from start to finish and using a much fuller canopy.

8882.JPG

888_1_.JPG

888_3_.JPG

888_4_.JPG

888_6_.JPG

888_7_.JPG

We've started giving them a haircut as some are ready at 8wks. So we'll get some side by side shots coming up soon.

The thing about the 318 panel guys, is that it is basically more light in a smaller area. So you are getting more watts per square foot, whereas with three of the 126 panels, you are getting more area, but not as many watts per square foot. I think...

I too have 3 of the 126W units.. hehe. and some others...

Looking good up in here...much props to this test!

Go Green

That's correct - smaller light footprint but more intensity with the 318 vs. the 126W unit, assuming the LEDs of both panels are fitted with the same viewing angle. I have three of the 60 degree 126W panels as well.

just got my 126 and 63 last week..i'll be doubling up again soon!! I've got a 4x2x6 split into 2 equal area. I'm going with a 126 over and 63 side for both areas.

I had a sick little lady i never thought would make it and she's thriving under the 126 and some cutttings under the 63 for now until i can get another set.

ya the HID buds look a lot bigger, your running three 126w lights right? so 378w. witch is fair for this test because her and her 318w light is claimed to be = to a 1000w?
the leds look like they filled in just didn't fatten up more then the HID.
when they dry their going to be small.
was all the strains the same?

irish strains and plants were all the same. I got these to see if they would stand up to LED's claims, but it hasn't been close since week four.I mentioned a couple of things we could improve next time around besides the fact we may have had the lights just a bit to close to keep the plants from stretching more then they had already.

Here's the thing irishboy, I'm dissapointed but they still came out better then most LED grows I've seen except Cammie's with over 1500w in a little bigger space. However I'm not interest in replacing equivalant watts.

I'm interested in rumpleforskins ProSource test right now but as you can see these companies are unwilling to test out their claims and always want watt for watt tests. Again i'm not interested in that. From his updated pics I'm afraid he's going to be dissapointed too!

irish strains and plants were all the same. I got these to see if they would stand up to LED's claims, but it hasn't been close since week four.I mentioned a couple of things we could improve next time around besides the fact we may have had the lights just a bit to close to keep the plants from stretching more then they had already.

Here's the thing irishboy, I'm dissapointed but they still came out better then most LED grows I've seen except Cammie's with over 1500w in a little bigger space. However I'm not interest in replacing equivalant watts.

I'm interested in rumpleforskins ProSource test right now but as you can see these companies are unwilling to test out their claims and always want watt for watt tests. Again i'm not interested in that. From his updated pics I'm afraid he's going to be dissapointed too!

Forgetting for a second what the manufacturers claim. How much of a difference do you think adding an extra 126w panel would make? That would still be a 2:1 power savings. Or do you think it would actually take equivalent watts to get equal results?

ya their no need to do watt for watt because that would cost alot of money for that many lights. i rather deal with the heat from HID and buying bulbs. the point of getting leds is to use far less watts to equal HID grows.
so far rumple says they look even just not any stretch. but we will have to see how that ends up? i think his grow looks good, but want to see it beat his 400w HPS grows.

their just seems to be something missing in these leds? that hps has.

Wonder how much radiant heat (IR) plays in bud and trichome production, I know UV plays a part but what about IR? Obviously the LED's will have zero emissions in that range and we all know who have been close to one that HID's make better room heaters than 1000W room heaters do so they put out plenty in the low frequency range just like the sun does especially those fall days as sunlight has to pass through progressively more atmosphere.

Ramblin....sure you all know why :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom