The 420fied Plan

Thanks bro. It will be a big job but I like the fact that it's a 1 man show. No partner needed here.

I have 125 holes dug,.... I have 10 clones rooting, 40 seeds are planted in starter cups as of this morning and there's still another 60-70 seeds popping.

I may end up with close to 150 plants outdoors.

I guess it all depends on how much time one has, how paranoid he is, and how greedy he is.....lol

I have lots of time and I'm very greedy and paranoid(no partners). Other than carrying in the soil. Most of my hard work is done.

I'm hoping the grow gods will smile on me this year.
:bong:

Being a loner is probably a very good thing for guerrilla growing.

Being younger is a good thing for digging 125 holes by hand. My back hurts just thinking about it.

Actually, my whole body hurts just thinking about it, lol.

Ur like a mad scientist. Still lurking bro. Anxious to see ur workload/harvest. 50 plants for one man is a pain in the ass, and ur talkin maybe 150 outdoor + the aero setup? U are a beast if u can pull this off without throwin ur hands up bro. U'd be like the James Brown of cannabis. The hardest workin man in the business!! I'm rootin for ya. This will definitely be an inspirational and legendary run if u pull this off. Good luck.

Ur like a mad scientist. Still lurking bro. Anxious to see ur workload/harvest. 50 plants for one man is a pain in the ass, and ur talkin maybe 150 outdoor + the aero setup? U are a beast if u can pull this off without throwin ur hands up bro. U'd be like the James Brown of cannabis. The hardest workin man in the business!! I'm rootin for ya. This will definitely be an inspirational and legendary run if u pull this off. Good luck.

Thank you bro......and it is gonna be pulled off.
:thanks:

Roots starting to emerge. :)

root_10.jpg

Guys... disaster.

I'm so sorry that I haven't given any updates but the truth is, I hated to come back and relive the nightmare that has been my last month.

Interestingly enough, once the last round of clones started to root, they simply died on me. I have no idea why as the conditions to my last grow were identical. The only difference is that the babies are from a new mother. The clones started showing roots on 6/10 and never took off for me for whatever reason. I have since recut a new batch of clones which have been getting sprayed for the last 8 days and are now just showing hints of rooting. I do not know if they will make it or not. However, I do have 2 more mothers growing and if this round fails I will take the next set of cuttings from a different mother. I must admit that this one has me puzzled. It's wait and see for me......

It gets worse.....

Remember the outdoor plan? Well I germed the first batch of 75 seeds and planted them only to have exactly 7 come up for me. Now I will admit that the seeds I used were old ones because I've been growing aero for a while now so it may be that old age got them.

The 2nd round of seeds were borrowed and I question what they even were. I was told one thing but I cannot be certain that it's true. Anyway.... 50 seeds germed.... tap roots out 1/4 inch... planted 1/4 inch deep and watered to settle...... only 5 come up.

WTF

I am now on my THIRD round of seeds (50) and have switched from the wet paper towel method which worked like a charm for me for YEARS..... to dropping them in a cup of water....letting them soak for 24 hrs.....and then planting them. I dropped them yesterday at 1PM and all but 2 have sank. I will plant them today in starter cups and see where it takes me.

Now you must realize that it's July 6th and I only have a dozen babies and yet I have 200 holes ready and waiting..... I have babies from 2 inches to 6 inches tall. Even if these all make it I won't get them out until late July so these late outdoor plants will be 1 1/2 to 2 footers. Also, if they don't make it I 'm gonna go with the 12 I have and that's that.

A FAR cry from what was planned and that sucks because the back breaking work is done! I've dug the holes, carried the soil, prepped them, etc..... and now my seeds fail me. I have went through almost 200 seeds and have never, ever, ever, ever, had this type of bad luck with germing and planting. It is my honest opinion that the age of the seeds has hurt me. I didn't plan on that and it cost me.

So here is where we stand:

Best case scenario for this journal - This new set of clones actually make it and I can finally get this round of aero off and running. This set of 50 seeds all come up and I end up with 62 plants of unknown sex for the outdoor part of my journal which will be respectable if they don't get eaten, die, or get ripped off.

Worst case scenario: This round of clones fail and I cut from a new mother. That sets me back another 2 weeks. These seeds give me 0-10 plants and I go with 12-22 plants of unknown sex for my outdoor grow.

While I am disappointed I do believe that there are lessons to be learned in this for anyone thinking of doing a large scale 1 man operation. So rather than just piss and moan I would like to recognize the mistakes I made and rectify them for next seasons grow.

I have 200, 1 1/2' x 1 1/2' x 1 1/2' holes dug and filled with soil. I have the water crystals , etc needed to complete the grow.
I have the necessary storage spot for 200 or more plants to hang and dry. It is property(a building) that is now owned by me. I didn't trust anyone enough to let them in and I didn't wanna hang em outdoors so I went and bought a place.
I have the transport situation covered with getting them chopped and hung.

However,.......

I failed to consider what would happen if the seeds I was starting failed to come up. I had no real backup seeds that were fresh and am now reduced to handouts from a close friend. This has all but killed this years outdoor plan.

In hindsight I should have grew the mothers necessary and then cut clones and rooted them in cups of water and then planted them. I've one this and it usually takes 12-20 days for them to show roots this way. This is the way I will do it next year.

I hate having to relive all of this but I'm here to tell you guys that even the best laid plans do go awry. I hit speedbumps just like everyone else. I know that a lot of folks have stayed with this journal through the death of my family member and it makes me ill that I won't be able to deliver this fall on the scale that I wanted to...... and not only for you guys, but for me as well.

So this is where we stand: I'm waiting on this round of clones to root and I'll be planting the last 50 seeds today. I have 12 babies under my T5 now. Depending on how many come up- we will have 12-60 plants outdoors.

My apologies for the length between updates but this last month has been a nightmare. It's no secret that I had a very tough time dealing with the death in my family.... so much so that I almost left the forum altogether..... And now I have to deal with this..... when it rains it pours eh? lol

No pity party for me however! I am still here..... still happy and healthy...... and even though it won't be on the scale that I wanted you to see, the scale I promised you, and the updates have been much slower to come than I had wanted...... the plan will go on.

I hope to someday have some picture updates for you guys if I can ever figure out how to get a marijuana plant to grow again. :reading420magazine:

I thank all of you for being patient while I fumble about.

Im really sorry bro....I had a catastrophe also yesterday.....
IMO I would just buy 30 femmed seeds and at least get them in...30 of good genetics better that nothing......everyone thinks this shit is easy..."hey its only a weed" ya right.
To be consistent takes alond time and Im no where there near there....better lucky than good sometimes but Ive not been lucky for 6 months and Ive been plodding away.
I feel your pain...truly

So sorry for your troubles 420fied. I'm struggling to get a few seeds started myself.

Yep, lessons learned are valuable. Health and happiness even more so. Who knows, maybe the universe was preventing you getting those chained bracelets the LEOs love to give out. We are glad you are with our community 420fied. Keep on keepin' on!

On the next grow, you may want to consider not depending on one piece of equipment like a single cloner to do the job. I keep thinking about not having all your eggs in one basket....

Back
Top Bottom