The Anti-Journal Journal

Ended up moving both boxes inside for now, as it was getting under 50F at night inside boxes with two heat lamps and one heater, and after I bought two heater mats used for germinating/cloning to put under the pots (Wife said I could try it, now just trying to keep smell down as it bothers her), was worse when I was moving them as had them on top of freezer in Sunroom while taking light off and moving the box inside. Glad I bought a dolly as the bigger box was hitting the gutters and roof on the ramp even with it tilted way down, as I'm getting too old for that crap (if they end up back in shed I will wake my son up to help, as I'm still paying for it today).

Mother:

0013185.JPG

0023084.JPG

Clone in my little box with PKF from other Journal:

0091744.JPG

The dark green one still looks funky, decided to call it "Dr StrangeBud" ;) :rofl::rofl:
Two in Flower in smaller big box:

0042756.JPG

0062303.JPG

The other Clone in there (so thinking Mother and other Clone will be pretty good depending on where they at when I decide to put them in Flower):

0032956.JPG

0052593.JPG

Looking good man! Have you tried installing a carbon filter in your setup? get rid of the smell?

Looking good man! Have you tried installing a carbon filter in your setup? get rid of the smell?

I didn't think it out totally as usual, original plan was out in the shed and didn't think thru that temp was going to become an major issue during the Winter. The fans run thru or push thru (as on both intake and exhaust) some of that carbon pre-filter material (like for air purifiers in home, cut to fit kind of material), does help keep the smell down and also keeps the bugs out (boxes kind of the poor-mans approach to growing w/o investing in bigger ventilation, that and shed only has a 15 amp breaker, as two heaters and all the lights kicked it out, which brought me down to either moving inside or a major fire hazard using a propane heater out in the shed area). She can't smell it anymore even with the Sunroom being right next to bedroom (it's an 800 year old Manufactured Home, so nowhere in the house is more than 60 feet away from anywhere else in it ;) :rofl::rofl: well ok it was built in the '70s but pretty much the same thing as 800 at that point ;) ), so think it was because I had them on the chest freezer out there while I was taking lights out of boxes and then trying to move them inside and it kinda permeated the room a bit. As she can't smell it anymore and I had to open the Flower cabinet and water today, so was more than a peek inside and close kind of thing, that and got some "all natural" air freshener made with lemon oil and other oils and it still overpowering in there even though I sprayed a little of yet 20 hours ago.

I like the frosty look developing on larger clone. Funky one looks pretty dense, small but still a lot of bud for its size. :thumb:

I envy your short walk to the grow room. My upstairs is well laid out, but basement is like winding through catacombs with buckets of ice cold water from rain barrels outside. I don't mind the walk or even the dark, it's the ice water splashing in the buckets that got me this weekend.

I like the frosty look developing on larger clone. Funky one looks pretty dense, small but still a lot of bud for its size. :thumb:

I envy your short walk to the grow room. My upstairs is well laid out, but basement is like winding through catacombs with buckets of ice cold water from rain barrels outside. I don't mind the walk or even the dark, it's the ice water splashing in the buckets that got me this weekend.

Starting to think the funky looking one is done, as only a couple white pistols and it appears to have quit drinking water, as watered them both same day and that one is twice as heavy and topsoil still looks wet.

I forgot to post lol why it my practice journal ;) :rofl:....took 4 cuttings off of the Clone Saturday and have them and the PK from other thread under a cheapo LED grow light sitting on the floor on one of those seedling heat mats, so will have to see how long till they show roots (they in Jiffy Plugs again like last Clones) and see how many make it.

Im sooooo jelous i cant get my temps low enough during dark period to even attempt a purple plant, going to be one sexy smoke

The Deep Purple from my first grow is a "nighttime only" kind :rofl: knocks me out, thought it was just me (quit toking for over 20 years and only been a year now so a lightweight still) but gave a little to my Son's friend who took a hit at his place and had a Red Bull as he needed to study, said he woke up in a puddle of sweat from the caffeine ;) :rofl: . Still have about 6 grams of it left:

rsz_00124.jpg

0013099.JPG

Mother got feed Grow, Clone got just Cal/Mag and the two in Flower got flushed today (think Dr. Strangebud is as done as it gets and Clone is getting close). Rehung light in Biggest Box where Mother is so I can move it easier and go higher if I ever have the need. Been one of them days today, left hand/wrist been bugging me since yesterday and now my back is giving me the third degree (some days it talks to me other days it is more vocal and more of a rebel yell ;) :rofl: ).

Mother:

0052599.JPG
0062309.JPG
0072157.JPG

Clones I took off the Clone that is in Veg a few days ago, see how many work (got two out of three last time, so probably one out of four this time ;) :rofl: ):

0032962.JPG
0042763.JPG

And the two in Flower, Dr Strangebud not finding many or any white pistols anymore so think it is as good as it gets (not been taking the water out of soil like the other one in Flower, but it was put into Flower week or two before the other).

Dr Strangebud:

0091750.JPG
0101590.JPG

Clone of Mother in Flower:

0081950.JPG

smoke em if you got em ;) :tokin::smokin::hookah::lot-o-toke:

Went ahead and chopped the two in Flower today. Dr StrangeBud wasn't doing anything with the water I gave it, and no white pistils anymore. The Clone was taking some of the water in but not much and same only a couple of white pistils, so decided to get whatever I can out of it for smoke. Got the branches hanging in the top of my big box above the light, see how that works this time as they sorta inside (in the sunroom and not the shed).

Dr StrangeBud makes me think of Charlie Browns Christmas Tree ;) :rofl: not going to get much off of it but it is very sticky and has a decent smell, just the buds are "odd" to put it mildly:

0013199.JPG

0023098.JPG

Clone has some nice looking buds and has a strong smell, again not going to be a lot but somewhere between a 1/4 and a 1/2 oz I'm guessing, so anything is better than nothing along with the learning experience:

0032968.JPG
0042769.JPG

Moved other Clone into the box they were in and shut off the Flower Timer, it's been in 24/0 like Mother so just leaving it on that schedule (one from other thread and my Clones that I"m trying to get to root are on 18/6, though not sure the PK from other thread going to pull thru yet or not).

forsure they all look tasty but dr whos sister is hot

Yeah think I have officially got the "grow bug" now :rofl:, even though my 2nd harvest basically (the Clone I was sexing and just left in Flower, other one I was going to reveg and then changed my mind as it was bagseed and was a quicker way to find out if I wanted to germinate any more of the same bagseed).

We shall see if that was too quick a dry or if it makes any difference, as dried pretty fast in top of the box as humidity is lower in the Sunroom than outside in the shed and temp is higher inside than when I did the 1st try with drying way back early October on my first ever grow. Will see how much weight I lose if any in Cure, ended up with 5.5 g on the Dr Strangebud and 14.5 g on the Clone (not heavily trimmed as I only care if paying for it then it better be trimmed well, otherwise it all smokes fine in a pipe), not bad considering how small of plants and all (as mostly I was making sure Mother and other Clone were ladies by sexing a Clone way early instead of wasting time/money on a Male). No pics of the Strangebud (will try later tonight/tomorrow when I burp jars).

Pic of the Clones Buds (we think it is Blue Widow, but unsure totally as my Son's and my Bagseed were germinated same time and got mixed up), nice frosty sticky buds:

0013208.JPG
0023108.JPG
0032978.JPG

Back
Top Bottom