The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Male Cardinal

Cardinal merge.jpg

Great pics. Lucky to see a coopers. We don’t see many around here. Mostly sharp shinned or even peregrine falcons. Coopers have all but disappeared.
Thank you @Slapalottapuss

This guy/girl has been around a few years here. It's used to seeing me, and will "fish" the pond while I'm outside.

I've seen Peregrine only a couple of times in this area, they are beautiful birds. Would love to catch a photo someday.

Thanks for stopping by!

cooper in tree at pond.jpg

coopers hawk fishing-2.jpg

A pic of the 2nd crop of lettuce before the freeze (snow :eek: next week)
Blue tie dye petunia, some love lies bleeding. Watermelons ripe? hope so picking next couple days. Green house filled with firewood

IMG_5018.JPG

IMG_5019.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG
Watermelon!!! My fav!

Bringing in the New year with pictures of the Fireworks

Brazilian Fireworks that is

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

The January Storm

I supposed there are some who will think "Oh, How Beautiful!" If you didn't have to deal with the consequences of so much of it, I certainly understand. 😆
This is the first time since the blizzard began that I have had even a slight thought of getting photos. Frankly, I didn't want to look at the chit anymore than I had to.
Front yard, back yard early this morning (see the poor Lilac tree leaning over? I don't think it will make it), security monitor photos, one of which shows my poor Fire Bush almost flattened to the ground.

A large tree limb broke loose the first day and hit the front yard. Thank the good lord it wasn't near the house.
The results of this so far:

Numerous power outages, I've lost count how many times my power has gone out. Some were just a few minutes, one was more than a full day, and others were a few hours. Three times today I've had short outages. The whole state is suffering outages randomly, mostly due to downed trees that can't handle the weight of the snow and the wind gusts.

Cell phone signal down more than up. That includes internet.

Snow drifts at my doors 3-4 feet high from blowing wind. I've had to shovel away from the doors several times to keep emergency exits/entrances possible.

I could not leave because the driveway did not get plowed for three days. It would have been useless with the amount of snow re-accumulating every hour. Even with the 4 wheel drive it would have been a great chance of getting stuck in a rut. It got plowed yesterday, and it is already covered again. Lake effect snow hits here hard.

Temps are way below average with the arctic freeze hitting, so the furnace is coming on constantly. Propane is going to cost an arm and a leg this season for sure.

The worst problem of all......I ran out of coffee two days ago with no way of getting to a store. People who know me, understand that if they bother me before I've had my morning cuppa, they are likely to get road kill for breakfast.
Mom understood, she sent a friend over who treaded through that thick snow to my door and left a container of coffee for me. :rofl:

So without further bitchin', here's some pics.
@Trala here's your snow pics. :laughtwo:

January blizzard 2024.jpg

January blizzard 2024-2.jpg

January blizzard 2024-3.jpg

January blizzard 2024-4.jpg

January blizzard 2024-7.jpg

January blizzard 2024-5.jpg

January blizzard 2024-6.jpg

Here are some morning glories for you 6' chain-link fence & a10 ' 2x2
There are only 2 plants in among the cucumbers
IMG_1996.JPG
IMG_1995.JPG